• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Why am I getting clumsier? Decline of motor skills?

motor skills

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:55 PM

I'm a 30/year old otherwise quiet healthy male.

I've noticed a subtle, yet inconvenient decline of my motor skills as I've neared my 3rd decade. I'm just a little clumsier than I feel like I should be...

• I bump into things
  • Trip up stairs
  • In the kitchen I drop cups and plates from time to time

This is disappointing to me because, I used to be a super coordinated person. I actually have a Black belt, I taught myself to break dance. I took some salsa lessons during the 2 years I lived in South America and while I was at first quiet bad I eventually developed some decent skllls on the dancefloor.

I've been pretty hardcore into Biohacking for about the past 5 years. I'm doing everything I should to maintain my mind and body; eating a really clean diet, I take a lot of smart drugs, brain training, meditation, etc.

I've always had pretty bad eyesight, which is probably a factor, but I feel like my motor skills have declined noticeably in the past few years while my eyesight is just as bad as it's ever been.

While I'm certainly not obese and I walk to work everyday the one thing I don't have is a really active exercise regimen or physical hobbies. For about the past 8 years I've been a real workholic Internet entreprenuer. Is it fair to assume that my clumsiness is just due to shifting spending so much time sedentary working with computers and so much less time doing physical training?

Other suggestions? Ideas?

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Informative x 1

#2 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:29 PM

It might be use it or loose it...or some of the smart drugs downsides.

I would stop all smart drugs and start exercising, maybe including some learning activity like juggling, for example.  

Just to see what happens...

• Agree x 2
  • like x 1

#3 Juangalt

• 67 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:34 PM

I don't know what you're taking (regarding biohacking) but some of these things may overload pathways and make you less sharp when you're off them. I agree with the above. Try sticking to a healthy lifestyle minus some of the extreme hacks, and keep up exercise and motor skills type activities and see what happens.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 jroseland

• Topic Starter
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:21 PM

I've taken the racetams more than anything else and I do cycle off them but it hasn't made any noticeable difference in my clumsiness. I do a lot of research on the smart drugs I use and haven't found a mention on pubmed studies of clumsiness nor have I found it as a frequently reported anecdotal side effect of smart drugs - which makes me think they have nothing to do with it...

You would expect that they would help with clumsiness...

Edited by jroseland, 15 January 2016 - 02:24 PM.

#5 1jol1uvcaaq

• 71 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:57 AM

I've taken the racetams more than anything else and I do cycle off them but it hasn't made any noticeable difference in my clumsiness. I do a lot of research on the smart drugs I use and haven't found a mention on pubmed studies of clumsiness nor have I found it as a frequently reported anecdotal side effect of smart drugs - which makes me think they have nothing to do with it...

You would expect that they would help with clumsiness...

My heart sinks a little every time I hear of smart drugs backfiring. I don't know what your situation you are in that is forcing you to train your brain and use mind altering substances. Life is not supposed to be so difficult. We are meant to be outside with the animals relaxing in the sun, but the capitalist societies we live in have forced us into slavery. Electronics, fast foods, drugs, money, property, wealth are the stuff we distract ourselves from the real world. When the real world is so beautiful, the proletariat model themselves after the bourgeoisie. It's so silly when the world has given us everything, but we ask for more.

I hope you can find a way to enjoy life again. That's my dream. I wish I would've created a Marxist society upon the principles I have listed. That's a true longecity. It does not matter how long we live because we live forever. What matters is how well we live.

Not many people grow up happily in these generations. Our minds become fixed onto a certain way of thinking. Meditation and love of oneself are vital for healing yourself of the messages that have been carved into you since you were a child and that you are now repeating to yourself subconsciously. I hope you can have fun with life again.

Edited by 1jol1uvcaaq, 10 February 2016 - 06:06 AM.

• dislike x 4
  • Off-Topic x 3
  • like x 2
  • unsure x 1

#6 1jol1uvcaaq

• 71 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:04 AM

My suggestion to you is to be glad smart drugs only caused clumsiness in you. They have caused infinite permanent side effects in others, including death. I would recommend an MRI scan and CT scan. It's not the end of the world. Smoke weed, be happy. Clumsiness does not make you any less of a person. What matters is that you're improving. Never forget that you are always perfect. Be kind to others because that is all that matters. Read the bible. Take a permanent vacation on a tropical island. Love yourself.

Take action right now or else you won't enjoy life. Just do it. Love life. Stop waiting to have fun in life. Ask that girl you love to marry you. Die, reincarnate and love it all again.

Don't ever let drugs(nootropics), jobs, school, and(most importantly) yourself get in the way of your life.

• dislike x 3
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#7 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:26 AM

This is disappointing to me because, I used to be a super coordinated person. I actually have a Black belt, I taught myself to break dance. I took some salsa lessons during the 2 years I lived in South America and while I was at first quiet bad I eventually developed some decent skllls on the dancefloor.

I seriously doubt your coordination is being negatively affected by age. Racetams I've no idea. But I think it's a use it or lose it thing going on. Your body learns and improves -- as you found with the salsa -- with attention and practice; and since you've not been dancing for awhile, that'll explain why you're less graceful now. Sign up for dance and yoga classes, and I predict you'll quickly rebound and regain that dormant coordination. Bodies crave motion, and really surprise with what they're able to do if we give them time and practice.
  • Good Point x 1

#8 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:25 PM

There's more than just racetams to consider.  There's phenibut, and all the other stuff you've used.  Then there's the possibility of contaminants in anything you're used, particularly if you've used a lot.  I'd try stopping the substances for a while to see if it gets better.  If it doesn't get better, then you might want to see a neurologist.

• Good Point x 2

#9 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:57 PM

Then there's the possibility of contaminants in anything you're used, particularly if you've used a lot.

Unfortunately I share the same worry, especially when considering supplements which are a bit in a "gray" area.

Since mild heavy metal poisoning may lead to symptoms as the ones reported maybe an hair test for heavy metals wouldn't be a bad idea, just to rule it out..

#10 jroseland

• Topic Starter
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:56 PM

There's more than just racetams to consider.  There's phenibut, and all the other stuff you've used.  Then there's the possibility of contaminants in anything you're used, particularly if you've used a lot.  I'd try stopping the substances for a while to see if it gets better.  If it doesn't get better, then you might want to see a neurologist.

I do like the Phenibut... Any idea how long I should abstain from Phenibut to determine if it's a factor?

Then there's the possibility of contaminants in anything you're used, particularly if you've used a lot.

Unfortunately I share the same worry, especially when considering supplements which are a bit in a "gray" area.

Since mild heavy metal poisoning may lead to symptoms as the ones reported maybe an hair test for heavy metals wouldn't be a bad idea, just to rule it out..

Hair test. Good idea!

#11 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:07 PM

I do like the Phenibut... Any idea how long I should abstain from Phenibut to determine if it's a factor?

Has the phenibut dose been creeping up?  That would raise the possibility of an adverse reaction.  I don't know how long it might take to clear up, if what you have is substance-induced.  Neurological problems can take a while to get better.   You could quite all substances now, and at the same time make an appointment to see a neurologist a month from now.  If it clears up before then, you could cancel the appointment, and if it doesn't, you won't have to wait another month to get in.

• Agree x 1

#12 jroseland

• Topic Starter
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:27 AM

Has the phenibut dose been creeping up?  That would raise the possibility of an adverse reaction.  I don't know how long it might take to clear up, if what you have is substance-induced.  Neurological problems can take a while to get better.   You could quite all substances now, and at the same time make an appointment to see a neurologist a month from now.  If it clears up before then, you could cancel the appointment, and if it doesn't, you won't have to wait another month to get in.

I keep my Phenibut dosage pretty low. I use it maybe 3 times a week and never over a gram. Usually under 500mg. Doesn't sound like anyone has any expertise with this specific issue - it's kinda weird, I know - or can recommend a Nootropic specifically for eye-hand coordination. I probably just need to get back in the gym more, I'll keep hitting the salsa floor, maybe try a new hobby.

Edited by jroseland, 18 February 2016 - 10:32 AM.

#13 1jol1uvcaaq

• 71 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:50 AM

I keep my Phenibut dosage pretty low. I use it maybe 3 times a week and never over a gram. Usually under 500mg. Doesn't sound like anyone has any expertise with this specific issue - it's kinda weird, I know - or can recommend a Nootropic specifically for eye-hand coordination. I probably just need to get back in the gym more, I'll keep hitting the salsa floor, maybe try a new hobby.

I suggest staying away from drugs. Your body is in need of rest. You are very lucky and this will make you stronger. No drug is safe. Many nootropic users have acquired headaches,tinnitius,etc from their psychoactive drugs. They're all over longecity and reddit. Drugs will lower your lifespan.

"If we're harvesting the seeds we sow then we shouldn't be surprised. Dabbling with the unknown produces unknown crops. Those crops are, of course, a surprise to us. :)

Are they damage? Is aging damage? Is life damage? Very few want to die earlier than they have to. We work to preserve our lives. It sometimes feels like the purpose of life is simply to continue living until that appointed day of ending.

So then should you feel damaged? Should you call yourself "Mr. Damaged" in your mind and when you speak to others? No, you are worth more than that. You are still highly functional and beautiful. You still have life to live. Allow this harvest to show you how to love the unlovely.

We are all consequences of our world and of ourselves. Perhaps you will find grace and your brain will readjust back to it's original state. Then again, why would you want to go back if the nausea is gone? What is more beautiful about the old way of living? What is so highly coveted about how everyone else lives?

Deal with the spiritual side of this equation as you deal with the physical and emotional side. From those of us who will never be the same, we say be strong.

I remember when I was done with all the maddness, I had migraines and visual things. I abused my body and my mind. I slipped into moments of madness and self-loathing. I didn't care about 83-year-old-me. All I cared about was right-now-me. Anyways, Grace was given to me and healed my migraines. Never had them since that moment of healing. It's been years. There is hope, but it's beyond our bodies and beyond the chemicals!

Enjoy your life as your heart still beats."

http://www.bluelight...p/t-289693.html

#14 boroda

• 30 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:55 AM

Life is not supposed to be so difficult. We are meant to be outside with the animals relaxing in the sun, but the capitalist societies we live in have forced us into slavery. 

*facepalm* x 1000

• Enjoying the show x 2
  • Agree x 1

#15 boroda

• 30 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:05 AM

Stay away from Phenibut my friend. I tried to keep doses low hoping it would allow me to avoid bad aftereffects but each time it hit me so hard... the most funny thing depression and total lost of motivation hits you after 3-4 days from the last dose when you already forgot that you've taken Phenibut and it could be hard to draw a connecting line between your current darker than darkest state of mind and what was 3 days ago ("not-so-big" dose of Phenibut). But it's important to understand that that's not just a sudden depression but a Phenibut withdrawal. You're gaining such understuding after 2-3 Phenibut+WD cycles. One could only imagine all other bad things it makes to your brain during long-term use (3 times a week counts as long-term in my book).

Edited by boroda, 07 March 2016 - 07:08 AM.

• Agree x 1

#16 dk2011

• 82 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:06 AM

Hey @jroseland,

I can CONFIRM that Phenibut is FOR SURE causing your dizziness and loss of coordination.  I once overdosed on it, and my entire world was spinning like crazy, so much so that I was vomiting profusely.  It should go away completely once discontinuing the Phenibut.  Have you stopped taking the Phenibut?

#17 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:38 PM

I am not an expert on "smart drugs", so no comment on that aspect, however, after 30, you will notice biological functions start to decline. Including coordination. Its science. Well studied. It is slow at first, then really starts to ramp up in your 50s and 60s.

Nothing you can do about it right now. However, make sure to remind yourself about how smart and coordinated you were in your prime. Remind yourself everyday. That way you will  tend to work harder toward real rejuvenation therapies.

#18 YOLF

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:50 PM

DHEA (will make you look older imo) will increase acuity. However, the underlying problem often requires chelation. Do you have amalgam fillings? Those can increase clumsiness. I wouldn't go strictly by hair test as it only measures whether the substances have been elevated recently. If it's been creeping up on you, it's not going to show. The only way to accurately test for heavy metal poisoning is to take some EDTA or dimercaprol and then do blood or urinalysis to see how much has moved around. Alternatively, cilantro (the spice itself) will mobilize it if it's there and give you some semi severe symptoms, or perhaps a headache and body pains and that may tell you if it's a problem.

#19 dk2011

• 82 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

I am not an expert on "smart drugs", so no comment on that aspect, however, after 30, you will notice biological functions start to decline. Including coordination. Its science. Well studied. It is slow at first, then really starts to ramp up in your 50s and 60s.

Nothing you can do about it right now. However, make sure to remind yourself about how smart and coordinated you were in your prime. Remind yourself everyday. That way you will tend to work harder toward real rejuvenation therapies.

@Mind Did you not read my post directly above yours?

#20 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:33 PM

I also have muscle coordination issues. Hypo and hyperglycemia worsens it and it comes from time to time by itself and then goes away. It is 100% an issue with glutamate neurotoxicity. Elevated glutamate levels causes the clumsiness just as if I had hypo or hyperglycemia. In fact many of the symptoms are the same, probably because glucose and glutamate are tightly related in neurochemistry.

When the glutamate then falls back down to normal levels and the glutamate rage dissipates, even days later I still have some of the clumsiness and slowness leftover. But eventually it goes back to normal (dentrite/neurite outgrowth?).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users