Photo

Simple building?

building

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:54 AM

Until today we still use Bricks, cinder blocks mortar and similar Stuff to build houses and so on, but if we no longer need these structures they have to be destroyed completely, leaving behind a large ammount of materials which either cant be recycled at all, or can not be recycled completely.

Wouldnt it be possible to create Something like a Brick that could be attached to another brick through something like an Allen-Key, and then later dissasembled again to be used somewhere else?

This would make it much easier to build something, maybe not something like a sky scraper, but one or two story buildings for sure.

Maybe a software, which has models of all the existing bricks and pillars, could be used to determin if such a house will be stable without the need to consult an architect.

This would make a lot of things easier for people in remote areas.

What do you think?

#2 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:41 AM

I think current briks and mortar are quite recyclable, but it's still cheaper to use raw materials from nature. For example, lately here near my town, when dismantling roads, some of the materials are recycled to make new roads. IIRC, around 40% of the materials are recycled.

As for buildings, as an immortalist I'm more interested in how to cheaply build earthquake-resistant buildings, so that everybody can live in such a building. In the current world, only very few selected buildings are constructed with anti-seismic measures.

#3 corb

• 507 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:37 PM

Until today we still use Bricks, cinder blocks mortar and similar Stuff to build houses and so on, but if we no longer need these structures they have to be destroyed completely, leaving behind a large ammount of materials which either cant be recycled at all

I think this is a case of #firstworldproblems.

Reusing bricks from old houses is quite widespread around the world.

Also if you want a fully recyclable material we already have it, it's called concrete. We've had it in one form or another for 3000 or so years, maybe more.

Most countries simply don't have a law that enforces you to recycle it but it's completely unheard of for mercantile individuals to do it.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 A941

• Topic Starter
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:52 PM

As far as i know the recycling of Concrete is not that cheap, it is possible that it is more expensive than to just mix and pour new concrete.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: building

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users