- - - - -

"True Rhodiola" "Fake Rhodiola"

rhodiola salidroside hygroscopic

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 IP3

• 101 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:49 AM

In my life i bought five different bulk powders of rhodiola standarized for salidroside, and only one of them have nootropic efects. (dopaminergic, cognitive enchancer, anti-add).

Powder was highly hygroscopic, after two -three days on free air, or even encapsulated it transform into mud-like substance, after about week it look like very hard wax.

Pictures below.

I encourage you to experiment on your own. Do you know any vendor that sell this kind of product?

Attached Files

Edited by IP3, 04 February 2016 - 08:55 AM.

#2 Captain Obvious

• 82 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:10 AM

So which one is the good provider? I'm just looking to get some bulk rhodiola. I've noticed effects previously on LEF Rhodiola Extract which is standardized for both rosavins and salidroside, but not so much from Jarrow's.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 birthdaysuit

• 299 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:49 PM

I had great results with Perfect freeze dried Rhodiola Rosea. 

#4 birthdaysuit

• 299 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:05 AM

Also, what are the brands you’re using? 

Edited by birthdaysuit, 18 February 2016 - 12:05 AM.

#5 IP3

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:35 PM

Well, there is no brand, I bought my "hygroscopic" rhodiola (standarised for salidroside) in bulk form, from online shop, but this shop changed provider due to a change in minimal quantity of order from  5 to 25 kg.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#6 Captain Obvious

• 82 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:20 AM

Yeah, even though I really like rhodiola, 25 kg sounds a bit much. :)

I ended up ordering something from iHerb standardized for salidrosides, since I'm a bit wary of the bulk powders and couldn't find a reasonably prized source for freeze dried rhodiola in Europe. Maybe have to look further.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. 

#7 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:36 PM

I've used the actual dried roots of both Rhodiola Rosea and Rhodiola Quadrifida (ordered online) and made my own tinctures using vodka.  

The effect is clearly noticeable after taking a shot.

I don't trust the 'standardized' powders, given how difficult it is to cultivate Rhodiola and how slow it grows... see this article for background.

I suspect many suppliers add synthetic rosavins and salidroside. The low prices are fueling my suspicion - how can such a scarce herb be processed and sold for so little ?

#8 IP3

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:18 AM

I also noticed that my "true" rhodiola lower my heart rate from 90 to 66 ( currently i am using topical minoxidil with once a week dermarolling, this give me tachycardia). Can You recommend me brand or shop (ebay etc) that sells good rhodiola that have so potent effect on heart rate?

• unsure x 1

#9 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:19 AM

I also noticed that my "true" rhodiola lower my heart rate from 90 to 66 ( currently i am using topical minoxidil with once a week dermarolling, this give me tachycardia). Can You recommend me brand or shop (ebay etc) that sells good rhodiola that have so potent effect on heart rate?

I don't know about the effect on heart rate but I made my own tincture from raw/dried Rhodiola rosea roots w/vodka. Takes 4-6 weeks to prepare a bottle. I noticed positive effects for sure - longer concentration span e.g. I bought the herbs from oriveda, it's the real thing

#10 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:59 AM

According to this 2015 UK research "The authenticity and quality of Rhodiola rosea products" available at https://www.scienced...003189?via=ihub

Now Foods (#24, US) and Higher Nature (#10) / Vitano (#11) both manufactured from a German company called Dr. Willmar Schwabe GmbH are the supplements with the highest content of rosavins (PC1) and salidrosides (PC2) (see chart) among 40 products (see attached word document with the modified list including brand names of the best products) available in the UK market (see picture with basket of products)

1-s2.0-S0944711315003189-gr2.jpg
1-s2.0-S0944711315003189-fx1_lrg.jpg

Attached Files

#11 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:07 AM

i checked the link but i could not find the actual listing of products that work and have reliable rhodiola versus those who are adulterated. am i missing something??

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:32 AM

Hello Lazy,

The first link goes to an abstract of the paper; you need to pay for the entire article. The second link is an attached document that I managed to find online and it is related to the paper. I managed to associate the number 24 and number 10 products with Now Foods Rhodiola and Higher Nature Rhodiola products. The scientific paper is not interested in showing a ranking of the products and its brands. It just wants to point out that there is a difference in this supplement strength and potency across brands sold in the UK. So if you buy Now Foods or a product made with rhodiola supplied by the German company called Dr. Willmar Schwabe GmbH you can be confident they are quality products, at least according to this 2015 paper. As everything in life things may change.

Edited by world33, 02 February 2018 - 02:32 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rhodiola, salidroside hygroscopic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users