Photo

Broad chemopreventive program

cancer prevention

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Soma

• 341 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:07 PM

Thinking of cancer from the perspective of prevention (and beyond typical suggestions in terms of diet, exercise, and other modifiable lifestyle factors) what are some ingestible compounds that are able to confer a broad Chemopreventive/protective effect?

Ideally, the compound should be:

• Proven: evidenced with robust studies

• Safe: limited side effects

• Practical: Efficacious human doses are able to be reached, easily obtainable, not prohibitively
expensive

• Broad-spectrum: the ability to affect the carcinogenesis process in multiple, varied types of cancer

Compounds like curcumin, egcg, and resveratrol are popularly perceived as being broad chemoprotective dietary agents, but they fail to satisfy all of the requirements. Althought they are easily obtainable and have been cited as possessing broad anticancer effects, dosages required for effects are impractical with active doses being unsafe (potentially tumor-promotive, etc).

Are there any compounds that meet these parameters? My research has yet to unearth any. Maybe none exist. I was hoping that another's research may have discovered something.

Thanks for taking a look.

Edited by Soma, 04 February 2016 - 06:10 PM.

#2 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:42 PM

http://www.longecity...ate-and-cancer/

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 joelcairo

• 586 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:56 PM

Soy. Nuts. Omega-threes. Aspirin. Vitamin D. Probiotics. If you research any of those you should find plenty of evidence.

#4 joelcairo

• 586 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:03 PM

I came across this information today, so I thought I would post it here as an example. These large and apparently unrelated studies showed that consuming raw garlic a couple of times a week resulted in roughly a 50% decrease in risk of lung cancer.

There could be some slight lifestyle biases at work, for example people who eat a lot of garlic might enjoy spicier food in general, but they indicate that such factors can indeed impact one's cancer risk.

Raw garlic consumption and lung cancer in a Chinese population
http://cebp.aacrjour...5-0760.abstract

Raw Garlic Consumption as a Protective Factor for Lung Cancer, a Population-Based Case-Control Study in a Chinese Population
http://cancerprevent...c9-77e98d6dc613

Edited by joelcairo, 09 February 2016 - 10:03 PM.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:24 PM

Go to antiagingfirewalls.com and look up Warburg Effect with the search function there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cancer, prevention

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users