- - - - -

Podcast the podcasts

podcast

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jeffrg

• 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:31 PM

I'd love to listen to the podcasts in my favorite podcast app on my mobile device.  Could you please add an actual podcast feed?  I don't believe it's much different than an RSS, but when I try to add the RSS feed url, the podcast player doesn't like it.  This way you could also register it with iTunes, which could allow more exposure.

#2 jeffrg

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:32 PM

Just read this thread, but I can't find it. http://www.longecity...now-on-i-tunes/

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:06 PM

Thanks for the suggestion jeffrg. I have tried to make the podcast more widely accessible, but have not had too much success with the I-tunes format. I had 4 episodes listed but now they seem to have been de-listed. I could use some help because I am not a coder, just a hack. I created an RSS feed with a out-of-the-box program. That worked until the program crashed.

It is funny (to me) when everyone says, "just put the podcast on I-tunes". It is so simple. "Just create an RSS feed". It is so simple. To me, it has not been so simple. There are a lot of good quality episodes and I want to get them more widely distributed, just need some help. Anyone out there who can lend a hand?

Here is the "simple" process of getting a podcast into the I-tunes listing: http://www.apple.com...creatorfaq.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: podcast

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users