• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Mind Lab Pro Biohacker Review: Good for verbal intelligence but...

verbal intelligence nootropics nootropic stacks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:58 PM

I've been taking using Mind Lab Pro for a few weeks now. I've transitioned off Racetams for a few months, just for experimentation purposes and have been using Adaptogens daily which don't imbue as much energy which Mind Lab Pro makes up for.

It's quiet good for verbal intelligence, I've used it a couple of times before I did my Biohacking consultations. I try to batch process my Biohacking consultations, I will do four or five 25 minute calls in an afternoon, and it's important that...
I be able to answer the (sometimes quiet complicated) Biohacking questions my clients have more me (that a lot of times they couldn't find the answer too with a Google search).
I be a good empathetic listener.
I be really energetic and positive.

One day I did 3 in the mid afternoon. I ran into some difficulties with the new multi media editing software I was using and I noticed myself getting quiet a bit more irritated than what's normal for me. I should note that this was after 2 coffees (drunken within a 4 hour period), so a reminder that even if I don't feel really stimulated, stimulating Nootropics can effect mood.

The most I ever did in a day was five; two in the morning, I was in a generally happy and productive mood. Then the mid afternoon dulldrums kicked so I did two more. I'm experimenting with taking a mid afternoon break from work where I spend a chunk of time doing my personal development stuff; meditation,  brain training and language learning. I had an excellent meditation session; which resulted in quiet the little epiphany that I'll explain soon in videoblog... Brain scores were good but not great. 
I returned to work and later that evening I had a party to go to, but I didn't have anyone to go with, I was a little tired and not really in a social mood. I did one more capsule and I said to myself: all I have to do is go to the party, set foot inside, make a minimal effort to socialize and if I'm still in a bad mood then I can go home. 
I arrived about 90 minutes late to the party (I'm on Brazilian time); my witty, bold social alter ego emerged after about an hour and I actually had a great time, the vampire Jonathan came out and I didn’t get to sleep until about 5AM.

It did nothing for my sleep deprivation. The next day I did two in the morning, two in the afternoon and had a barely productive day; like before I took a break in the mid-afternoon and proceeded to have a very mediocre meditation session, my attention was nuerotic as opposed to focused. My brain training session was similarly mediocre.

While I've had an overall good experience on Mind Lab Pro for me it's not a reliable cognitive enhancer and it wouldn't be my go-to smart drug for a demanding project or day. 

These kinds of stacks I need to do 4-6 capsules a day to satisfy my stimulatory setpoint, so that's at least 2 bottles a month. It's certainly not cheap; two bottles for $130 - that's like a friggen car payment! Not for a nice car but you could be rolling around in a brand new Civic for that.

This stack was a reminder for me that the Racetams are on a different level as smart drugs. Stacks like this just don't come close to level of focus and imperiousness to distraction that the Racetams give me. If a product like Mind Lab Pro was the first Nootropic product I had ever tried, I would be pretty happy with it but after taking +60 smart drugs, I've became a bit of a snob and I just don't think it's a great value.

Edited by jroseland, 21 March 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#2 jroseland

• Topic Starter
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 09:11 AM

If upgrading intelligence is your aim, the best BDNF "bang" for your buck will be Semax and Selank - a highly renowned stack in elite Biohacker circles...

38741ed6d1550c5422f7dda25b5fcf9e.jpg

Listen: Will Semax increase my intelligence permanently? [March Biohacking Q&A #10]

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: verbal intelligence, nootropics, nootropic stacks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users