• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Dark brown 50% T-Resveratrol in 50% knotweed extract smells vaguely of boswellia or frankincense?

purity

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

• 8,249 posts
  • 1,169 â‚®
  • ✔

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:13 PM

So I got an email from Anthony today about the purity of resveratrol products and I recently started taking one that was new to me, though appropriately priced and from a large and well known brand. The capsules are very dark like a greenish black. The powder is a darkish brown and upon opening the capsule it smelled vaguely of frankincense. 

Subjectively, it doesn't do what I expect, I hadn't been taking resveratrol for a long time and decided that I'd replace I3C with this stuff for resveratrol's ability to inhibit aromatase and it doesn't have the same effect as the I3C but I was expecting equal or greater efficacy.

Is this likely to be a substitution or fraud or can this occur from an extraction method. This is from a very well known brand and there is nothing but rice powder and cellulose listed for excipients... Do they even make dark cellulose? Don't the colorings of the capsules have to be labelled?

#2 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • 745 â‚®

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:10 PM

Hi!,

Well, if I could taste it, I would instantly tell you if it has any resveratrol. But, is it possible you can take a picture to see the color?

It might help, I have some 50% res here that are working on, so I can compare it visually. Of course, even if it still looks like res, it could be something else.

A

• Good Point x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts
  • 1,169 â‚®
  • ✔

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:21 AM

It's a medium brown color.... can't seem to get my SD card reader to work, must have been from the Win10 upgrade. Will have to reinstall. Will check back tomorrow. It tastes like an earthy boswellia flavor (just compared the flavor of a tablet, they are similar, just the tablet has less flavor as would be expected than the powder.. I could just mail you a few capsules.

#4 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • 745 â‚®

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:14 PM

It's a medium brown color.... can't seem to get my SD card reader to work, must have been from the Win10 upgrade. Will have to reinstall. Will check back tomorrow. It tastes like an earthy boswellia flavor (just compared the flavor of a tablet, they are similar, just the tablet has less flavor as would be expected than the powder.. I could just mail you a few capsules.

Sure not a problem...

I IM you my address.

I won't lab test it, but If it's a 50% res I will compare it with the stuff I have here and check it out.

A

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • 745 â‚®

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

Hi YOLF!

I got the capsules... I didn't even have to open the plastic bag and I noticed the smell of polygonum. Yup, it is darker than the watered down Amazon polygonum that tested at 10% it's label claim, and looks (and tastes) like the 50% resveratrol.

Without testing it, I am assuming it is about a 50% purity, just from my past experience working with this.

I hope this helps

A

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: purity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users