• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

using NFB develop synesthesia?

synesthesia eeg neurofeedback

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fantahstik

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

So according to this study:

http://www.jneurosci...2/7614.abstract

Synesthates have hyperconnectivity between the parts of the brain that control their auditory and visual senses. 

Do you think it might be possible to train these areas of the brain to communicate in the same way using a NFB device?

The intention is to develop a training regime giving people the ability to to see sound. 

kind regards,

fantah

Edited by fantahstik, 22 June 2016 - 03:10 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:45 PM

No. That's crazy talk. But yes, I hope. Maybe. Not sustainably so. It violates the whole neurofeedback of real life.

What makes you think that is possible? I mean that would be crazy to see smells like on that episode of limitless.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 graatch

• 390 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:08 AM

I remember reading, very long ago, an erowid experience report where the guy watched Milkdrop under his covers for the entire duration of some powerful psychedelic (it might have been a dissociative psychedelic, somehow I remember) and he claimed to have been left with permanent synesthesia. Could happen I suppose. ;)

Edited by graatch, 19 April 2018 - 04:08 AM.

#4 hollowtube

• Registrant
  • 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:37 PM

Wow, this is really fascinating. If hyper connectivity were trained incorrectly, it could be risky. I look forward to hearing about your efforts. Maybe I'll give this a go once I get my BCI up and running.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#5 lukas_93

• 19 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:12 PM

Wow, this is really fascinating. If hyper connectivity were trained incorrectly, it could be risky. I look forward to hearing about your efforts. Maybe I'll give this a go once I get my BCI up and running.

How does one go about this? Did you buy a ganglion board or ultracortex or something else? And what s the setup like to train something like this? I am genuinely fascinated. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: synesthesia, eeg, neurofeedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users