- - - - -

Orange Juice - robust libido boost

orange juice

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 vader

• 243 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:45 PM

As crazy as it may seem, i am receiving a substantial libido boost from drinking one liter of orange juice a day.

I think it's either the potassium or maybe calcium d-glucarate.

Obviously it's not particulary healthy to drink so much OJ (or is it not?), then again the libido boost is substantial.

I need to test my hormone levels on this shit, i bet there are some changes...

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:30 AM

Not so crazy at all, I get a huge libido boost from eating lettuce, it might be the nitric oxide...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 vader

• Topic Starter
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

Not so crazy at all, I get a huge libido boost from eating lettuce, it might be the nitric oxide...

So there is nitric oxide in OJ?

#4 misterE

• 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:31 PM

Orange-juice increases insulin-secretion. Insulin stimulates androgens and nitric-oxide. 

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:57 PM

If it's just caused by a big blast of fructose, then a liter of Mountain Dew should work, right?  It would be approximately as bad for you, but cheaper.

• Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#6 vader

• Topic Starter
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:22 PM

Orange-juice increases insulin-secretion. Insulin stimulates androgens and nitric-oxide. 

Wait, so are you saying insulin boosts libido? Should i steal some exogenous insulin from my grandma? :D

#7 misterE

• 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:54 PM

Wait, so are you saying insulin boosts libido? Should i steal some exogenous insulin from my grandma? :D

LOL, only if you want to experience hypoglycemia. Never take insulin without carbohydrates. But yes, insulin boosts libido through a number of different ways. Diabetics who have insulin-deficiency or who are resistant to the metabolic effects of insulin, have all sorts of sexual issues.

If it's just caused by a big blast of fructose, then a liter of Mountain Dew should work, right?  It would be approximately as bad for you, but cheaper.

Not the fructose (which doesn't trigger insulin secretion) but rather the glucose. Beans and rice would be a better option niner, but why don't you try out the Mountain Dew and report back to us...

#8 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

Same here.

#9 mccoy

• 162 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

More Insulin → less SHBG → more free testosterone → more libido

Last year I tried a low-carb diet and my libido went down to zero

Now I'm trying a vegan diet with lots of fruit and my libido was boosted, contrary to my expectations. I must also add that in my specific case, being now summertime, UVB rays probably play a significant role.

#10 misterE

• 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

Better insulin sensitivity with insulin secretion → Less lipolysis  →  Less free-fatty-acids → Increased SHBG binding capacity → More testosterone → More libido. 

SHBG increases testosterone. Low SHBG = Low testosterone. Low-fat/high-fiber vegan diet based around complex-carbohydrates is the best way to increase SHBG and testosterone. 

http://www.longecity...sterone-levels/

Edited by misterE, 11 August 2017 - 01:52 PM.

#11 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

Theres also naringenin and hesperidin in orange juice, which both inhibit estrogen.

#12 mccoy

• 162 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:24 PM

Better insulin sensitivity with insulin secretion → Less lipolysis  →  Less free-fatty-acids → Increased SHBG binding capacity → More testosterone → More libido. 

SHBG increases testosterone. Low SHBG = Low testosterone. Low-fat/high-fiber vegan diet based around complex-carbohydrates is the best way to increase SHBG and testosterone. 

http://www.longecity...sterone-levels/

According to wiki (emphasys mine): SHBG inhibits the function of sex hormones, testosterone included, since it binds them. It decreases with high levels of insulin, so more free T is bioavailable, libido is higher (other things beingequal). Is wiki wrong??

Testosterone and estradiol circulate in the bloodstream, bound mostly to SHBG and to a lesser extent serum albumin and corticosteroid-binding globulin (CBG) (AKA transcortin). Only a very small fraction of about 1-2% is unbound, or "free," and thus biologically active and able to enter a cell and activate its receptor. SHBG inhibits the function of these hormones. Thus, bioavailability of sex hormones is influenced by the level of SHBG. The relative binding affinity of various sex steroids for SHBG is dihydrotestosterone (DHT) > testosterone > androstenediol > estradiol > estrone.[4] DHEA is weakly bound to SHBG as well, but DHEA-S is not.[4] Androstenedione is not bound to SHBG either, and is instead bound solely to albumin.[5]....

SHBG has both enhancing and inhibiting hormonal influences. It decreases with high levels of insulin, growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), androgens, prolactin and transcortin. High estrogen, and thyroxine cause it to increase.

• Agree x 2

#13 misterE

• 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:07 AM

Is wiki wrong??

Yes. Low SHBG correlates with both diabetes and low testosterone... this is very well established. Click on the link I posted and read the vast trove of evidence. 

• Enjoying the show x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: orange juice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users