• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

How would you cycle Amantadine (NMDA antagonist) with Carbidopa/Levodopa and Choline + Piracetam + Uridine+Sulbutiamine?

nmda antagonist amantadine l-dopa choline uridine phenylpiracetam cdp-choline sulbutiamine triacetyluridine dopamine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 User4656

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:10 PM

If you want to increase dopamine levels and dopaminergic neurotransmission, upregulate and sensitize dopamine receptors and prevent their downregulation and desensitation, while at the same time, prevent developing tolerance on the meds, how would you cycle them?

According to this answer on Quora:

I believe that a good idea would be taking them all together while taking L-DOPA every other day (also to prevent downregulation), and after each x months (3 maybe), do a drug free for a while (1 month maybe) from all of them, while in every cycle, stopping L-DOPA like 2 1/2 weeks before stopping NMDA antagonist. Slowly titrate up and down the NMDA antagonist each cycle and do not take too much L-DOPA to prevent desensitation of receptors and to prevent tolerance, like 200 mg of L-DOPA + 50 mg of decarboxylase inhibitor every other day.

Edited by ArcadiaGuy, 15 September 2016 - 12:12 PM.

#2 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:00 PM

I'm waiting for answers too, as I just started amantadine (without the other things you mentioned) after stopping memantine (that stopped working for me after a couple of weeks). I'm hearing the effects of amantadine disappear after a week, so cycling is a must.

Edited by jack black, 19 September 2016 - 05:05 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 User4656

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:18 AM

I'm waiting for answers too, as I just started amantadine (without the other things you mentioned) after stopping memantine (that stopped working for me after a couple of weeks). I'm hearing the effects of amantadine disappear after a week, so cycling is a must.

After a week? I've never heard of that. Do you have any source that claims it? What dose are you on? And what dose do you consider as a maximum maintenance dose for the purpose of increasing dopaminergic neurotransmittion?

Did you take the memantine like 2x a week and max 10 mg, or otherwise?

Also, I think l-dopa should be always titrated off slowly, to avoid the possibility of a neuroleptic malignant syndrome. So no EOD in my opinion.

Edited by ArcadiaGuy, 01 October 2016 - 10:30 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:51 PM

Curious on an update with amantadine? Never heard of this drug until I googled drugs to help lethargy when coming off adderall.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmda antagonist, amantadine, l-dopa, choline, uridine, phenylpiracetam, cdp-choline, sulbutiamine, triacetyluridine, dopamine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users