Photo

The End of Laundry day

laundry day laundry washing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:31 AM

I dont know if anyone remembers my idea to get together and build a machine that could be connected to the washing machine and do the sorting, ironing, and folding so that people end up with more time. Such a device would enable people, especially in the third world etc. to have more time to do more important things than the laundry, like learn with their children, educate themself and so on.

Even in the first world it would help families who dont have that much time on their hands.

Iam thinking about a device that should be able to (in the first step) sort clothes etc., this should be possible through a NFC-chip which could be sawn into clothing articles (maybe one day the companies which make shirts and pants will put them into their products themself). These chips should help a sorting arm to confirm that it has lifted only one item out of the washingmachine, which it then will put on a table. This table should, through vibration or other methods, unfold the crumpled pieces of laundry. The NFC-Chip should contain informations on the meassurements of each item, like the length and width of a towel. certain parts of the Towel would have invisible markers, which could be recognised by a camera. After the machine has determined what exactly it is dealing with it should proceed with, stretching the item, and ironing. I imagine the table as something similar to those plastic folding boards for shirts, just with a rolling ironing wheel and more "folding abilities".

The table should have its own markers and through the help of the camera, the software should be able to determine how the towel is positioned and which parts of the tabel should be moved to fold it as efficient as possible. In the endeverything should be put in a basket or another suitable container.

I would like to make this a non-profit thing, what do you people think about this idea?

• Cheerful x 1

#2 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:38 PM

It sure is an interesting idea and nice that you want to help the third world. :)

#3 A941

• Topic Starter
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:31 AM

I want to add that there is allready a prototype for a laundry folding machine, which should have a $800 Price tag when it is done in 2018 or so, BUT this thing has to be operated by someone who ha sto enter the type of clothing that goes in, and towels, Socks and underwear will not be "foldable".

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:04 AM

Have you considered a Kisckstarter or something for this? What about approaching charities that  help the third world?

#5 A941

• Topic Starter
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:42 AM

There is no prototype yet, just the idea how it should look like.

I would need more people who are interessted to maybe think of better ways to make this possible.

#6 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:35 PM

May be worth writing to some organisations who may be interested and see what they say. Even if they don't have much interest, they may be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck and I hope that you can help make a difference. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: laundry day, laundry, washing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users