C60oo storage

c60 c60oo c60evoo storage air stability cancer air tight bottle

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:52 AM

Hi,

I wonder if we need to use air-tight bottle for storage of c60oo.

Light exposure becomes an issue according to the previous reports, but I wonder the importance of air removal for storage of c60oo after every times taking c60oo.

Is it important as much as light blocking?

If so, how do you remove the air in the glass bottle of c60oo every times when you open the bottle of c60oo?

There is an air removal device for wine preservation, but it does not seem to fit to glass bottles of c60oo. Does it?

Or, do you think it's not that much issue?

Baati's study does not seem to mention about air exposure to c60oo, doesn't it?

#2 Captain Obvious

• 82 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:06 PM

I keep my C60 oil in small glass bottles in the freezer.

Once a week I take the bottle out of the freezer and let it sit in a dark place for a while or run some warm water over the bottle if I'm in a hurry. I only thaw the amount I'm going to consume, not the whole bottle. I then place the bottle immediately back to the freezer. The exposure to light is therefore very short.

Since the oil is frozen solid most of the time, oxygen will only reach the small surface area when it sits in the freezer and the rate of oxidation will obviously also be very slow in that temperature. 

To limit the light exposure while out of freezer I could wrap the bottles with tinfoil, but I suspect that wouldn't make much difference so I haven't bothered to do that.

Edited by Captain Obvious, 14 November 2016 - 12:14 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

To limit the light exposure while out of freezer I could wrap the bottles with tinfoil, but I suspect that wouldn't make much difference so I haven't bothered to do that.

The freezer is good, but don't be too sure about light exposure. Red light readily penetrates amber bottles, and red light interacts with C60 to produce ROS. So best to minimize exposure by defrosting in the dark, or wrap it with foil, black electrical tape, or a black ziplock bag. See this thread: C60 and red light

• Informative x 1

#4 jeanlzt11

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:07 AM

How do you store your C60 powder?  Is it reactive to oxygen and light? Thanks

• Good Point x 2

#5 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:57 PM

How do you store your C60 powder?  Is it reactive to oxygen and light? Thanks

C60 powder reacts with oxygen, even in the dark, so only storing it under an inert gas or in a vacuum will prevent that (though keeping it in the freezer will likely slow down the reaction). It even seems to be more reactive with oxygen in the dry form than when dissolved--

All this information shows that pure solid C60 is reactive towards molecular oxygen under mild conditions in the dark and that its subsequent oxidation leads not directly to CO and CO2 but rather to several carbon suboxide intermediates. Fullerene molecules in solution, on the other hand, seem to be stable in air when light is excluded.

http://www-old.mpi-h...pdf/1703_94.pdf

• Informative x 3

#6 Captain Obvious

• 82 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

C60 powder reacts with oxygen, even in the dark, so only storing it under an inert gas or in a vacuum will prevent that (though keeping it in the freezer will likely slow down the reaction). It even seems to be more reactive with oxygen in the dry form than when dissolved-- 

Oh crap. So basically I've ruined a small bottle of C60 powder since I left it in the original container for several months and not in the freezer.. I've only frozen the oil I made from half of the powder I purchased. Fortunately it was only a small amount.

I guess the next batch of oil I will prepare will be made from all of the powder ordered and in a foil covered bottle which will then be immediately placed in a freezer.

Thanks for the input, Turnbuckle. It's very valuable.

#7 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:03 PM

Oh crap. So basically I've ruined a small bottle of C60 powder since I left it in the original container for several months and not in the freezer.. I've only frozen the oil I made from half of the powder I purchased. Fortunately it was only a small amount.

I guess the next batch of oil I will prepare will be made from all of the powder ordered and in a foil covered bottle which will then be immediately placed in a freezer.

Thanks for the input, Turnbuckle. It's very valuable.

Also, we have no idea how long the manufacturer keeps this stuff on the shelf. SES seems to think C60 is invincible, at one time giving a shelf-life of three years for its C60-EVOO product, which was ridiculous. But from the paper I linked to above, C60 absorbs quite a bit of oxygen in just a few days. One positive takeaway from the paper is that most (though not all) of the oxygen is simply adsorbed, and most is absorbed on the surface and into crystalline defects. Since the purer the C60 the fewer the defects, oxygen will penetrate more slowly into the highest purity crystals.

So to minimize oxygen, best if the C60 is the highest purity and dissolved right away. Still, I expect the researchers in the original rat trial didn't do anything to eliminate oxygen. Certainly they didn't mention it if they did.

#8 Astrocyte

• 39 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:34 AM

I wonder if we need to use air-tight bottle for storage of c60oo.

I'm using an erlenmeyer with aluminum paper cap to limit air migration.

Light exposure becomes an issue according to the previous reports...

Alway keeping C60oo flask and C60 powder under total darkness.

but I wonder the importance of air removal for storage of c60oo after every times taking c60oo.

If so, how do you remove the air in the glass bottle of c60oo every times when you open the bottle of c60oo?

There is an air removal device for wine preservation, but it does not seem to fit to glass bottles of c60oo. Does it?

Using my beverage grade CO2 cylinder normally used on my MIG to purge air from flask and small C60 container but this is tricky since a jet of gas have a tendency to attract normal air around the jet and mix it with the CO2 inside the flask.

Check this: http://www.bloxygen.com/ (Argon) or try to find these duster that used little CO2 tank (found in place like Staples).

The lab where I procure C60 powder keep/ship it under nitrogen atmosphere.

Is it important as much as light blocking?

I don't believe limited exposition of C60oo to air have a dramatic effect as olive oil possibly provide some protection from oxygen. However, alway doing the C60 disolving on the vortex under CO2 atmosphere.

Light exposure have an effect and I heard the degraded solution will turn brown.

#9 jeanlzt11

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:36 AM

>>>>>>The lab where I procure C60 powder keep/ship it under nitrogen atmosphere.

I haven't bought any yet, can I ask where you get your C60 Astrocyte?

#10 Astrocyte

• 39 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:19 AM

>>>>>>The lab where I procure C60 powder keep/ship it under nitrogen atmosphere.

The place is Solaris Chem Inc. located in Montreal Canada. It is serious business geared toward providing special organic chemicals for R&D, so avoid to mention things like it is for human rats experimentation... No need to disclose the exact nature of the research you are doing at designing a revolutionary new solar cell!

They carry C60 and couples of interesting functionalyzed derivative like C60-(malonic acid)n.

http://www.solarischem.com/

#11 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:40 PM

The place is Solaris Chem Inc. located in Montreal Canada. It is serious business geared toward providing special organic chemicals for R&D, so avoid to mention things like it is for human rats experimentation... No need to disclose the exact nature of the research you are doing at designing a revolutionary new solar cell!

They carry C60 and couples of interesting functionalyzed derivative like C60-(malonic acid)n.

http://www.solarischem.com/

is this the one you are using?so less purity than RES 99,95% or 99,99% but their product has no oxygen contact?

http://www.solarisch...om/WSC60_3.html

#12 Astrocyte

• 39 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:27 AM

is this the one you are using?so less purity than RES 99,95% or 99,99% but their product has no oxygen contact?

http://www.solarisch...om/WSC60_3.html

No, SOL5369 is C60(OH)n (Fullerol), the product I use is unmodified C60 SOL506.

The 0.5% impurity is probably C70 leftover from the chromatography column separation and I don't think it is a major issue.

#13 Graviton

• Topic Starter
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:20 AM

To transfer C60oo to smaller bottles, do you think I have to use sterile LDPE pipette or glass dropper? Or, it doesn't matter?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, c60oo, c60evoo, storage, air, stability, cancer, air tight, bottle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users