- - - - -

Aggressive stacks in herbal stimulants and adaptogens

herbal stimulant adaptogen energy clarity overall support health

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:20 AM

Promoting metabolism and clarity, these dependable combinations are not recommended after 1pm, or at the full dosage on your first time.  Haven't personally tried adderall, but I've heard horror stories from 120mg.  Taper up.  Eventually you might start juggling all five stacks and attain full guinea pig status.  The fist one is really yummy!

Stack #1

• Yerbe Mate (tea and coffee are equally effective)
  • MCT/Grass-butter (1 Tbsp)
  • Honey & Royal Jelly (1 Tbsp & 700mg)

Stack #2

• Gotu Kola (1200mg)
  • Eleuthero (500mg)
  • Ginkgo (120mg)

Stack #3

• Red Ginseng (a good sized chunk)
  • Rhodiola
  • Kava
  • Cocoa (20g)

Stack #4

• Skullcap
  • Polygala
  • Uncaria rhynchophylla

Stack #5

• Artichoke
  • Bacopa (200mg)
  • Forskolin (10mg)

• Informative x 1

#2 birthdaysuit

• 299 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:09 AM

What do you find good in Royal Jelly and why do you use it?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gamesguru

• Topic Starter
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

Basically it increases energy and promotes mental clarity.  I'm not sure how adding butter to your coffee earned so many views on youtube, my video about royal jelly in tea has barely a thousand.  Just a word on the whole bulletproof coffee (skip to next paragraph for royal jelly).  I don't like putting butter in my tea, so I usually just do that on my ezekiel toast (cinny raisin).  I do have some coconut triglycerides.. in the pantry.. collecting dust.  And one last thing, it needs saying that adding lemon to your tea (at the beginning of your steep) not only increases the chemical solubility of the polyphenols and results in a more potent brew, but the small quantity of vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids have also been shown in preliminary research to improve polyphenolic bio-absorption as well (my guess is this is due to the abrogation of free radicals in the harsh stomach environment by the addition of lemon juice, leaving more tea antioxidants to survive into the later stages of digestion and ultimately to wind up inside your skull)

There was one study showing that the absence of honey and bee pollen (rather than the presence of royal jelly) is what determined whether a bee went onto become a queen, or not.  This may however be due simply to anti-estrogenic effects balanced against pro-estrogenic  effects of royal jelly.  But if you were to take this research too seriously, it would lead you to the conclusion propolis and royal jelly are the only suitable supplements of bee origin.

One of the few natural compounds to induce GDNF secretion.

It induces PC12 neurite outgrowth independently of its ERK1/2 or PKA activity.

Modulates PKA thru adenosine 2a receptors, and may therefore have direct caffeine synergy.

Stimulates MAPK, cAMP, and CREB dose-dependently.

It induces cell hypertrophy through "PI3K/TOR/S6K pathway downstream of EGFR".

The royal jelly lowers serum glucose by raising metabolism, an effect which may in part explain honey's lower GI value when compared to table sugar.  It also has anti-tumor, antioxidant, blood pressure lowering effects, with interesting activity on the liver, kidneys and spleen to name a few.  

Edited by gamesguru, 08 January 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#4 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

Stack #5

• Artichoke
  • Bacopa (200mg)
  • Forskolin (10mg)

What's the idea behind this? Bacopa decreases cAMP-levels.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 gamesguru

• Topic Starter
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

I'm not convinced it decreases cAMP.

Bacopa monniera suppressed the diazepam induced upregulation of MAP kinase, pCREB and iNOS and attenuated the downregulation of nitrite. It did not affect the cAMP, PDE, nitrate, total nitrite, total CREB level. These behavioral findings displayed the reversal of diazepam-induced amnesia by Bacopa monniera without qualifying the molecular details although some downstream molecules of LTP may be involved.

Bacopa monniera ameliorates amnesic effects of diazepam qualifying behavioral-molecular partitioning.

You see, when Abelard Lindsay & friends were devising the CILTEP stack, they thought what's a combination of 'previous unknowns' in the supplement world which we can combine together?  A combination to seem a tad gimmicky, but at the same time, just believable enough for the average reader?  In doing so, they neglected to include "old" and proven compounds.  This would have lost novelty points.

You can find a lot more studies on bacopa than forskolin, bacopa studies about "dendritic arborization" "BNDF" "LTP" "neurogenesis" "memory".  So one lonely night I got to thinking, thinking how nothing makes a better addition to a PDE inhibitor and cAMP booster stack than lowly bacopa.  It also has broad adaptogenic and general tonifying qualities, notably of antioxidative and antiinflammatory origin.  Potent antioxidant, regulator of neural cytokine response, and highly brain permeable.

Anbarasi et al.56 assessed the neuroprotective role of bacoside A against OS in the brains of rats exposed to cigarette smoke by measuring concentrations of enzymatic and non-enzymatic anti-oxidants as well as trace elements. The researchers administered 10 mg/kg aqueous bacoside A gavage daily and found that BM significantly increased brain levels of glutathione, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin A in rats exposed to cigarette smoke (perhaps an anti-oxidant conservation effect). Bacoside A administration increased the activities of superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase, GPx, and GSR. As a result, the levels of glutathione (primary endogenous anti-oxidant conjugate) in the brain were significantly increased as well. The researchers found that cigarette smoke depletes zinc and selenium levels in the brain, which is especially problematic because zinc is a SOD co-factor and selenium is a GPx co-factor. Administration of bacoside A also restored zinc and selenium levels.

→ Neuropharmacological Review of the Nootropic Herb Bacopa monnier

Edited by gamesguru, 09 January 2017 - 11:33 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: herbal, stimulant, adaptogen, energy, clarity, overall, support, health

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users