Group Buy faq?

faq group buy methods best practises economics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:53 PM

So, I've got a couple of group buy's I'd like to make, but I also realize that there's not really any big FAQ's or commonly touted ways of going about this.

So, what would you guys say makes for a good group buy? What are some of the things a organizer needs to take into account, and research, prior to starting a buy and recruiting interested parties - dare I say, even PROMOTING the group buy? (I've got plans for a whole street team and mapping of interested parties and a pr-campaign and the whole shebang, I tells ya'!)

One of the big questions for me, is how does one HANDLE THE FUNDS SAFELY?

I.e, is there a way to aggregate money and alloted funds, and then that money can't be touched unless everything looks perfectly cosher? Perhaps even a voting-function? I believe there is such a site actually, which handles such economic questions... can't for the life of me figure out what it was called though!

Anyways, what say you, folks? What makes for a GOOD and SUCCESSFUL group buy?

• Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1

#2 theCLK

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:46 AM

Hey Stink,

Did you come to any understanding on this topic. I think this topic is a great idea, shed any light that you've found?

#3 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:52 AM

I'm back to LongeCity after my own life has been consuming almost all of my time.

Looking at the FOXO4 D-Retro-Inverso peptide group buy it is being suggested that I run the group buy because I've been on this forum so long, since 2012.

This group buy experienced "Meatsauce" handling communications very poorly (he certainly didn't answer my request) and it has been presented that he may have switched suppliers to a Chinese company, that provided who knows how pure the substance that he supplied was.

However, my time is consumed with my own survival right now. I've experienced a life-threatening financial scam so I every minute counts as I find my footing, rather than end up in worse shape. (I see homeless people and identify.)

In answering the request that I run the group buy for FOXO$-DRI - I believe that the person that runs a group buy should do it with an incentive AND with requirements, rather than just "for the cause," which is wonderful when you're young and have plenty of time and you're not worried about paying your mortgage.

I support the notion that those that run a group buy should be compensated to some extent.

I counter the notion that we should all just chip in for the cause. If we have the luxury of extra time, I am completely in favor of donating time.

However, any psychologist will confirm that we would have more group buys if we compensated the buyer AND required transparency from them.

Perhaps there would emerge some individuals that do group buys for a living. The accounting of all that transpires would be visible and accessible online.

We would know who put money in, what the buyer is doing with it, where the item is purchased, when it is purchased and when we will receive the allotment that we paid for AND how much compensation/incentive they receive.

We would experience more group buys AND it is simply logical and ethical to provide compensation to someone that carries a burden transparently for us.

• dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: faq, group buy, methods, best practises, economics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users