• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Where can I get metformin online without getting scammed?

metformin

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 InquilineKea

• 773 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:45 PM

What are the credible vendors?

#2 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:40 AM

https://www.pharmacy...acy-ratings.asp

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 PAMPAGUY

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:42 AM

Here is a good India vendor for Metformin.  I ordered 550 Metformin SR 1000 mg. for $100 which is their minimum order.  They pay for Air shipping.  You have to pay to wire money to there bank.  $25 at my bank.  No Rx, no credit card or pay pal.   I have used these people for my Rapamycin, so they are reliable.  The Metformin is manufactured by Merck.  Takes 10-15 days.

email for quote.

dropshipmd.com

• Informative x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#4 LOOKINGFORTIME

• 70 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

I always had good service with International Anti Aging.

https://www.antiaging-systems.com/

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#5 beefnewton

• 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

I get brand name Glucophage at brandmedicines.com.  Have used them for years.

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#6 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:48 AM

ive also uded brandmedicines.com but its located in europe and the shipping and handling takes a while

#7 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:17 PM

So I think I got scammed, buypharma may have sent me fake extended release metformin. I can't tell from the packaging but I can tell from the morning glucose test. If I took it before bed, peak serum levels should be about 8 hours later. I took my glucose 8 hrs later when I woke up and I'm still at 117. Either nothing short of extended fasting stops this problem of high fasted blood glucose in the mornings or it's not metformin. 

#8 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:05 PM

Nothing short of extended fasting stops it in my experience. My son in law says Metformin doesn't work. He is type 1

#9 Kimer Med

• 254 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:03 AM

So I think I got scammed, buypharma may have sent me fake extended release metformin. I can't tell from the packaging but I can tell from the morning glucose test. If I took it before bed, peak serum levels should be about 8 hours later. I took my glucose 8 hrs later when I woke up and I'm still at 117. Either nothing short of extended fasting stops this problem of high fasted blood glucose in the mornings or it's not metformin. 

My personal experience, along with several others I know, has been that Metformin usually brings BG down by about 10 points for people who have T2 or who are pre-diabetic / Syndrome X (poor insulin sensitivity). However, that's with the non-extended release version. (T1 is completely different).

High fasting BG is a little more complex in some people, though. One thing that can happen is that your BG actually drops in the middle of the night, followed by an adrenaline surge, which brings it back up, often to higher than you want it to be. For that reason, taking BG-lowering supplements before bed can sometimes backfire, causing higher-BG in the morning. Red wine is one notorious culprit. Some people actually find that having a little honey before bed, or something similar, results in *lower* fasting BG by morning.

For BG-control, at least, Metformin is best used with or before carb-containing meals, IMO.

• Informative x 1

#10 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:21 PM

This helps, maybe I should just stick with fasting. The problem is my A1C is back up to 5.4% from 5.1% last year and I'm confused as to why considering that last year was the first time I'd ever done extended fasting beyond 72 hrs, 6 rounds of 120 hour fasts at once per month. I brought my BG down and it sort of had what I thought would be a lasting effect but it came back up in Jan. Also my A1C, which I thought would be lower as a result of fasting, is now higher. I don't get it.

#11 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:42 PM

Fasting can raise blood glucose levels if your liver is over-compensating by gluconeogenesis.  Could show up on A1C. 

You might be overdoing the fasting? More than 24 to 48 hours might trigger different metabolic pathways than shorter fasts.

The bible mentions that at that time observant Jews fasted twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday.  Sunset to sunset. Maybe they knew something.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#12 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:26 PM

This helps, maybe I should just stick with fasting. The problem is my A1C is back up to 5.4% from 5.1% last year and I'm confused as to why considering that last year was the first time I'd ever done extended fasting beyond 72 hrs, 6 rounds of 120 hour fasts at once per month. I brought my BG down and it sort of had what I thought would be a lasting effect but it came back up in Jan. Also my A1C, which I thought would be lower as a result of fasting, is now higher. I don't get it.

I ve heard its because of RBC cells starts to live longer that was estimated as average for HbA1c calculation(6 weeks) and its common phenomena to see it stay or go up in low carb community. Diabetics with high BG see the opposite tendency - their HbA1c doesn't go high proportionally to the average BG level rise.

Overall, it's a shitty marker, if you search you could find Peter Attia ranting about how useless it is.

P.S. Ive read the beginning of the thread and probably my post is irrelevant here as your BG raised too.

Edited by Andey, 27 February 2019 - 02:30 PM.

• Informative x 1

#13 greenwich

• 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:04 AM

Anyone getting metformin online without a prescription? My usual pharmacy dried up. The ones mentioned above are either out of stock of have other issues. https://www.pharmacychecker.com only lists sites that require a prescription ... or say they do. Maybe they don't actually require it. I've seen some just give lip service.

As for the A1c, yeah, according to my A1c I'm running about 160 average, but my sugars spike way above that every day, so I agree that it's not a reliable measure of AGE accumulation via glycosylation.

#14 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 07:28 AM

Anyone getting metformin online without a prescription? My usual pharmacy dried up. The ones mentioned above are either out of stock of have other issues. https://www.pharmacychecker.com only lists sites that require a prescription ... or say they do. Maybe they don't actually require it. I've seen some just give lip service.

As for the A1c, yeah, according to my A1c I'm running about 160 average, but my sugars spike way above that every day, so I agree that it's not a reliable measure of AGE accumulation via glycosylation.

Consider keto diet, as far as I ve read (and have a small experience myself) insulin resistance steadily falls during keto and in a year or so one could go back to a normal diet and still will be at normal sugar levels.

#15 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:12 AM

Anyone getting metformin online without a prescription? My usual pharmacy dried up. The ones mentioned above are either out of stock of have other issues. https://www.pharmacychecker.com only lists sites that require a prescription ... or say they do. Maybe they don't actually require it. I've seen some just give lip service.

Ordered over a dozen times the past 3-4 years every time successful.

http://www.buypharma1.com/

#16 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:23 PM

Which metformin do you buy?

Has anyone tried ordering Metformin from AlldayChemist? Did they stop taking credit cards?  :|o

#17 Douglas Woytuik

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:21 PM

Just had success with   goldpharma.cn

They can give you a prescription via online "telemedicine" which is just a series of questions.  I got brand name Glucophage from Merck and there was no hassel with payment or shipping to Canada.  Only downside is everything on the box and the "instructions/warnings is in German.

#18 Space_Sheep

• 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:59 PM

Can you tell us when was the last time you bought from them? I might go for this vendor myself

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#19 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:16 PM

Just had success with   goldpharma.cn

They can give you a prescription via online "telemedicine" which is just a series of questions.  I got brand name Glucophage from Merck and there was no hassel with payment or shipping to Canada.  Only downside is everything on the box and the "instructions/warnings is in German.

How did you get a prescription by them? Did you just email them asking if you could get a prescription for metformin for diabetes and then they asked you multiple questions I assume related to having diabetes? How do they give you the prescription? So you have to have a conversation with them for every different drug you wanna order to get a prescription first?

they ship from china? I wonder if they have a vendor in EU.

Edited by farshad, 02 February 2020 - 09:21 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metformin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users