Agmatine Sulfate Contraindications?

agmatine nitric oxide neurotransmitter

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

Hey,

Just ordered a bulk amount of Agmatine Sulfate, and i'm wondering if there's any known contraindications since it has neurotransmitter effects and passes the blood brain barrier?

I mean, I take a few other supplements so just wanna know if I should expect any side effects from cross dosing. 

I'm also wondering what would potentially happen if I stacked Agmatine with D-Aspartic acid?

Thanks brotha's. 

#2 markymark

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

Hi Fountain,

check this out:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25247837

J Med Food. 2014 Nov;17(11):1256-9. doi: 10.1089/jmf.2014.0026. Epub 2014 Sep 23.
Long-term (5 years), high daily dosage of dietary agmatine--evidence of safety: a case report.

"This case study shows for the first time that the recommended high dosage of agmatine may be consumed for at least 5 years without evidence of any adverse effects. These initial findings are highly important as they provide significant evidence for the extended long-term safety of a high daily dosage of dietary agmatine--a cardinal advantage for its utility as a nutraceutical."

regs

mm

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:46 AM

Hi Fountain,

check this out:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25247837

J Med Food. 2014 Nov;17(11):1256-9. doi: 10.1089/jmf.2014.0026. Epub 2014 Sep 23.
Long-term (5 years), high daily dosage of dietary agmatine--evidence of safety: a case report.

"This case study shows for the first time that the recommended high dosage of agmatine may be consumed for at least 5 years without evidence of any adverse effects. These initial findings are highly important as they provide significant evidence for the extended long-term safety of a high daily dosage of dietary agmatine--a cardinal advantage for its utility as a nutraceutical."

regs

mm

Thanks.

I'm mainly wondering if it plays well with other supplements. 

#4 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:07 AM

Take a look at the Examine report on AS, it seems to combine fairly well with other supplements and to augment anti depressants for instance. I have found it to be quite a noticeable stimulant and to have a fair deal of 'synergies' with pde5 inhibition for instance, so I would recommend cautious dosage (start with 100mg) and regular breaks. Some here have reported vasoconstriction, but at higher doses iirc.

#5 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

Take a look at the Examine report on AS, it seems to combine fairly well with other supplements and to augment anti depressants for instance. I have found it to be quite a noticeable stimulant and to have a fair deal of 'synergies' with pde5 inhibition for instance, so I would recommend cautious dosage (start with 100mg) and regular breaks. Some here have reported vasoconstriction, but at higher doses iirc.

Vasoconstriction? That would seem to be the complete opposite of what the supplement is suppose to do, which is boost nitric oxide production. 

Where these 'reports' substantiated with testing? 

I plan to use it in conjunction with D-Aspartic acid on work out days. 

#6 Adam Karlovsky

• Guest, Moderator
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:18 AM

It is contraindicated for alcohol, opiates, and cannabinoids. Increased risk of stomach ulcers when mixed with alcohol, and potentiates the other two.

I find it is a decent acutely acting antidepressant, but if dosed too high it creates an intellectually "fuzz" effect. Even though it is a contextual neuroprotectant, it is not exactly a nootropic. It does have a place in people's supplement regime though, just gotta know how and when to use it.

I find it disturbs deep sleep a bit, but I could be wrong... I suspect it might decrease SWS and increase REM, but that needs to be tested. A lucid dreamer could try it in the middle of the night when they do Wake Back to Bed. Otherwise I'll use it on weekends, or if I have a terrible day and need to 'switch off' the mental rumination.

• Informative x 1

#7 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:42 AM

I have yet to use the Bulk ordered stuff I got off Powdercity. 

I plan to have a glass or two of red wine tomorrow evening with my girlfriend, so I don't want to augment the effects of either unnecessarily. 

I also wonder how it stacks with DAA since I take that on the regular. 

#8 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

It does not seem to interact badly with St. John's wort, Ashwaganda or Ginseng.

I have only taken Ginko Biloba one time on the same day as Agmatine Sulfate and I did not notice anything out of the ordinary, but I try to take those two supplements on different days now.

I am not sure how much of a synergistic effect would be created by taking them on the same day. I never heard Ginko is a nitric oxide booster, just a vasodilator. But, with a different Mechanism?

#9 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:52 PM

Agmatine: NMDA & alpha 7 nicotinic receptor antagonist, potentiation of CB1 (via imidazoline system) and activity at 5-HT2A receptors

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 07:56 AM

What about Aspirin guys?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: agmatine, nitric oxide, neurotransmitter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users