• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Digital wall of remembrance for the victims of ageing.

fundraiser activism memorial

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

May be a stupid idea but I am raising it on the off chance that it isn't. Basically, the idea would be to have an online memorial for victims of ageing. You would be able to pay a certain amount to have your loved one's name, birth and death added to the virtual wall and maybe you could pay extra if you would like to add a bit of writing about the person and/or a poem in their memory. 

This virtual wall would not only be a fund raiser but also a reminder of just how many innocent lives are lost to this cruel disease every day. It would be something that anyone could look at to get an idea of the true scale of the suffering and misery caused by ageing. Perhaps seeing all of this suffering and reading how people lost their lives simply for existing too long would help spur more support.

• like x 3

#2 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

I like the idea but maybe for different reasons. If you want a site about the "misery caused by ageing" you would do it differently. A small digital cemetery has limited propaganda value - But it still has personal value. Immortalists will lose loved ones and may want to commemorate them in a context that acknowledges death while remaining true to our conviction that it is in need of abolition.

#3 YOLF

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:24 AM

I do like it. I don't think it should be small. Funeral homes offer this service, but it doesn't last forever. We could perhaps commit to making it last and promote broadly rather than just in house and let the user know afterwards that the love for their loved ones will help defeat aging. Sell it as a long lasting thing for a set price that allowed a photo show, comments in perpetuity, and some other things. It would show up long after other mentions of them are gone. 

• like x 1

#4 Droplet

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:30 AM

A propaganda "this is how cruel ageing is" could also be a separate thing. We would need film makers to get hard hitting videos, lots of statistics on everything from mortality, strain on health services to elder abuse.

A digital cemetery could raise funds and be personal yet also carry a link explaining what it is fundraising for. I really like YOLF's idea of making it fully permanent. I would certainly use a digital cemetery if my parents pass away before we can treat their ageing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fundraiser, activism, memorial

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users