• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Evenly Mix Bulk Powders (i.e. Piperine and Curcumin)

bulk powder curcumin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

In my attempt to save a lot of money, I realized after the fact of having bought curcumin and piperine in bulk this time that I was going to have a tough time doing what Viva brand Curcumin with Piperine does in their labs. Mixing the two evenly.

From what I understand it's about a 100:1 ratio of Curcumin:Piperine. I'm not sure about the densities or molecular weight so now I'm either going to have to just suck it up and buy precapsulated bioperine separately or figure out how to mix this evenly in a safe and not too messy manner.

Any ideas?

The molecular weights are, based on web searches and the % extract, around 285 kD for the piperine and around 360 kD for the curcumin. So if I were to shake a canister of it, it'd be more likely that the curcumin would settle more to the bottom.

Vapor density, if that matters, is 1 to 13 piperine to curcumin. I dunno if that helps though. 

P.S. This is about mixing two bulk supplements not about the benefits of curcumin.

Edited by Nate-2004, 18 March 2017 - 01:46 PM.

#2 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

If 100:1 is the desired ratio and for example you want 100g of final product (actually 101g) mix by stirring with a spoon 1g curcumin and 1g piperine, add 2g curcumin and stir again, add 4g of curcumin and so on (add 8g, 16g, 32g.....).

It is much faster than you think, you don't need to weight each time, just go by approximation in spoons.

This is how is done, even in industrial settings, in order to guarantee homogeneous mixing.

No mess whatsoever.

• Informative x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bulk, powder, curcumin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users