• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

The Bible & Cannabis

cannabis right to cannabis

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 william7

• 1,777 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:56 PM

How many believe we have a very strong right to use cannabis as medicine as stated on this website at http://cannabisasmed...abis/index.html?

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

There are many responsible reasons to use drugs but not all drug use is responsible. 

• Good Point x 1

#3 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:20 PM

So, you agree we have a very strong right to use cannabis as medicine according to our constitution and the Bible?

• Needs references x 1

#4 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

Come on folks do not take medical advice from the Bible seriously, there's plenty on scientifically incorrect info there anyway. And if this is an ethical question on the use of cannabis, it should be posted on a Christian forum instead. 

• Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#5 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

Come on platypus, name a few things that are scientifically inaccurate on the website.opmdsihs.gif  As far as ethics go, our government is in total violation when it comes to cannabis. Just watch The Culture High, at https://www.youtube....h?v=XA9Q6nDVR3s. Serious believers in the Bible would do well to avoid pharmaceutical drugs and use cannabis instead.

#6 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:00 PM

What drug Christians use is not based on the constitution or Bible.  Does it make sense for what ails you.  There are ethical considerations on how drugs are used.  Anyone who understands science knows it is a method not a system of ethics.  Just because something is scientifically possible does not mean it is ethical.  Such statements are scientism not science.

#7 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

What drug Christians use is not based on the constitution or Bible.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. People who believe in the Bible and practice what it teaches would choose the God created cannabis for medicine over the man-made pharmakia which is frequently very unsafe. See Pharmakeia The Sorcerer's Wand, at https://www.youtube....nDE_WpU8&t=152s.

Anyone who understands science knows it is a method not a system of ethics.  Just because something is scientifically possible does not mean it is ethical.  Such statements are scientism not science.

I totally agree with you on this one.

• Needs references x 1

#8 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:36 PM

What drug Christians use is not based on the constitution or Bible.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. People who believe in the Bible and practice what it teaches would choose the God created cannabis for medicine over the man-made pharmakia which is frequently very unsafe. See Pharmakeia The Sorcerer's Wand, at https://www.youtube....nDE_WpU8&t=152s.

Anyone who understands science knows it is a method not a system of ethics.  Just because something is scientifically possible does not mean it is ethical.  Such statements are scientism not science.

I totally agree with you on this one.

Show me what the Constitution or the Bible says about using cannabis.  Anything can be a drug.  Most things can be both misused and used rightly.

• Good Point x 1

#9 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:47 PM

Show me what the Constitution or the Bible says about using cannabis

God gave us the seed-bearing and the green plants as food for our health and well-being. What can be more simpler than that.

Genesis 1:29-30:

29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

https://www.biblegat...-30&version=NIV

• Cheerful x 1

#10 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

Show me what the Constitution or the Bible says about using cannabis

God gave us the seed-bearing and the green plants as food for our health and well-being. What can be more simpler than that.

Genesis 1:29-30:

29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

https://www.biblegat...-30&version=NIV

Of course but good can be used for evil.  Plants can be misused.  So can cannabis.  So I am not endorsing everything it can be used for.  I am against driving while  stoned for example.

#11 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:21 AM

Of course but good can be used for evil.  Plants can be misused.  So can cannabis.  So I am not endorsing everything it can be used for.  I am against driving while  stoned for example.

The Scriptures also teach against intoxication. However, one king determined it was merciful to permit those who were dying, suffering anguish, or in poverty to intoxicate themselves. See Proverbs 31:6-7.

[6] Let beer be for those who are perishing, wine for those who are in anguish! [7] Let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more.

• Good Point x 3

#12 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

william 7

you are genious! God has made all plants for good! Take a killo of poisioness mushrooms and eat them.

• Cheerful x 1

#13 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

william 7

you are genious! God has made all plants for good! Take a killo of poisioness mushrooms and eat them.

A religious friend of mine who doesn't eat mushrooms told me that mushrooms aren't green and don't propagate through seeds, so therefore doesn't fall into a food called very good by God in Genesis 1:29-31. You got to read the fine print first.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#14 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:37 PM

Oh really, I didn't even think about that for the green :) then you are even more genious :) Take a bucket of fruits from some green plant and eat them.

https://www.google.b...MYQsAQIGw#spf=1

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#15 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

william 7

YOU don't get it.  There is nothing wrong with mushrooms and they do serve a good purpose.  Don't eat some of them!!!!  A stick is good but don't jam it in your eye.  Don't eat shit but you can put it in your garden for the plants which you can eat.  Really quite easy to understand.  There are many good uses for cannabis but it can be misused. 

• Good Point x 1

#16 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:39 AM

Everything can be used for good and for bad. Thats correct. But again I got an enlightment. Can the devil be used for something good? 

#17 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

Come on platypus, name a few things that are scientifically inaccurate on the website.opmdsihs.gif  

Cannot see the link but the errors in the Bible are numerous. Flat Earthers use the Bible as evidence for their totally screwed delusions. But anyway, perhaps we should not go there on this forum :)

• Disagree x 1

#18 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:24 AM

william 7

YOU don't get it.  There is nothing wrong with mushrooms and they do serve a good purpose.  Don't eat some of them!!!!  A stick is good but don't jam it in your eye.  Don't eat shit but you can put it in your garden for the plants which you can eat.  Really quite easy to understand.  There are many good uses for cannabis but it can be misused. 

God has provided guidelines on what to eat and what not to eat in the first chapter of Genesis. If you eat the cannabis raw, you'll not have a problem. But, if you dry out the THC strains and smoke them you'll become intoxicated. God does not advocate smoking THC strains in the Bible.

#19 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:33 AM

God has provided guidelines on what to eat and what not to eat in the first chapter of Genesis. If you eat the cannabis raw, you'll not have a problem. But, if you dry out the THC strains and smoke them you'll become intoxicated. God does not advocate smoking THC strains in the Bible.

I don't think any Christian lives their life fully according to what God does or does not advocate in the Old Testament. So why care about this particular thing here? 

• Needs references x 1

#20 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:52 PM

I don't think any Christian lives their life fully according to what God does or does not advocate in the Old Testament. So why care about this particular thing here? 

You would be surprised how many do. Many Bible believers keep the Sabbath, Feast Days, and refrain from eating unclean meat prohibited in Leviticus 11. And, if you can do this along with a vegan/vegetarian diet you can join the Blue Zones crowd mentioned in Cannabis & Aging. It's my belief that if you add raw cannabis to this Blue Zones lifestyle and diet you will add even more years to your lifespan.

• Needs references x 1

#21 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

Everything can be used for good and for bad. Thats correct. But again I got an enlightment. Can the devil be used for something good? 

Totally off topic but yes the devil and his minions sometimes tell the truth in Christian/Jewish history.  But this is for another topic .

#22 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

Come on platypus, name a few things that are scientifically inaccurate on the website.opmdsihs.gif  

Cannot see the link but the errors in the Bible are numerous. Flat Earthers use the Bible as evidence for their totally screwed delusions. But anyway, perhaps we should not go there on this forum :)

Shows complete ignorance on your part but it is off topic here. :)

#23 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:33 PM

For references, I refer you to the Blue Zones research and the United States patent on CBD, at http://patft.uspto.g...7&RS=PN/6630507.

Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

Abstract

Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##

• Informative x 1

#24 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:39 AM

For references, I refer you to the Blue Zones research and the United States patent on CBD, at http://patft.uspto.g...7&RS=PN/6630507.

Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

Abstract

Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##

I have no problem finding reasonable uses for anything.

#25 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

Information about the shape & age of the Earth, the origin of species, global flood etc. in the Bible is incorrect. Therefore it's not an inerrant book that is always literally correct. Everyone is aware of this, right? 

• Needs references x 1

#26 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

Information about the shape & age of the Earth, the origin of species, global flood etc. in the Bible is incorrect. Therefore it's not an inerrant book that is always literally correct. Everyone is aware of this, right? 

I don't think anything is mentioned in the Bible about the shape and age of the earth. Can you show me where this is? As far as origin of the species and the global flood go, to the best of my knowledge science hasn't established any concrete proof on this.

However, the debate here is whether we have a strong right to use cannabis as medicine through the Bible and the US Constitution. I say we definitely do have a strong right and we should all be going into civil rights and human rights mode on this because of the many lives cannabis could save and because of the progress towards life extension that could be achieved.

• Good Point x 1

#27 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

Just shows how little you know.  What a fool but this is off topic here.  Everyone I know thinks this is childish low information.  Would you care discussing this in the religion section?

• like x 1

#28 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:51 PM

For all who agree with me on this subject, please consider signing The Descheduling of Cannabidiol (CBD) under the United States Controlled Substances Act, at https://petitions.wh...-substances-act. This is the strain of cannabis that's not psychoactive (won't get you high or stoned). Researchers in Canada point out that CBD has been found to be safe for animals and humans. See attached Cannabidiol as an Intervention for Addictive Behaviors: A Systematic Review of the Evidence (page 37).

Attached Files

Edited by william7, 13 April 2017 - 08:53 PM.

#29 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:30 AM

Raw cannabis should at the top of the list for those practicing CR and intermittent fasting.

• Cheerful x 1

#30 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

... As far as origin of the species and the global flood go, to the best of my knowledge science hasn't established any concrete proof on this.

You have been misinformed. Scientific evidence has established both evolution and global flood at the level of scientific fact. The level of certainty in these matters is 100%, at the same level as "Australia exists". 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Needs references x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabis, right to cannabis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users