- - - - -

Sunifiram and IQ

sunifiram nootropic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ketogeniclongevity

• 23 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

I've been experimenting with sunifiram for 4 months and I'd like to report the results.

I took 25mg of it four times a week since January. I took no other nootropic during this period.

Before I started taking it, I tested my IQ to be at 126. Last week after testing it again it is 141. That's a 15 point increase.

On the days I took it, I felt a warm calmness that is hard to describe. The most obvious effect of it was that I felt more awake through the day, but it did not negatively affect my sleep like certain stimulants. In fact, on the days I took it I had some of the best sleep I've had in years. It works better than 1g melatonin for sleep. I'm usually on business trips, so this is helpful for fixing jet lag. 

Does anybody know through what mechanism sunifiram increases IQ? I've experimented with adderall, modafinil, noopept, phenylpiracetam, but none of them seem to have given me a noticeable increase in IQ. I haven't tested my IQ before and after with phenylpiracetam since I only used it for a week and did not notice any benefit. Sunifiram seems to make me feel smart. No other nootropic makes me feel this way besides stimulants. I wouldn't describe sunifiram as stimulating though. The best way to put it is that it gives me a clear head and removes brain fog. I've never considered myself to have brain fog, but after trying sunifiram, I notice my thinking has always been limited.

Another effect is it allows my brain to multitask. I can listen to multiple people talking at once in a cafe and understand what they are all saying. I can focus on many things at once.

I plan to increase my dose from 25mg to 35mg to see if it has a greater effect.

Edited by ketogeniclongevity, 29 May 2017 - 07:37 AM.

• Cheerful x 2
  • dislike x 1

#2 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

What IQ test did you take? Could it be test training?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

the thing with IQ testing, it depends daily on how much you score. for example, ive seen different results in the same day! like, in the morning if im sleepy and tired and i do it its low, then i have coffee, it goes high, then during the day it can be somehow in the middle unless i have an energy drink and it goes high again and then at night when im tired its logically lower so seriously, trying to find a nootropic based on IQ testing is not very useful. usually i test all nootropics against caffeine which is the only proven natural longest used nootropic worldwide and if something else doesnt do its job in the minute its taken, then its a waste of time and money

Edited by hazy, 29 May 2017 - 07:46 PM.

#4 serengetilion

• 22 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:27 AM

You know an IQ test just indicates your ability to learn not how smart you are.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#5 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:49 AM

yes, learn but how likely are you to learn late at night when you are sleepy versus early morning on the coffee? i guess people missed out on something important i mentioned earlier here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunifiram, nootropic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users