Hidden Estrogenics

estrogen receptors bpa phthalates

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 monowav

• 66 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

I wanted to start a thread on estrogenics aka xenoestrogens. These things bind to estrogen receptors and mimic estrogen. Some of these include Bisphenols, mold, and EE2 (birth control).

If you want to learn more about estrogen receptors I've made a post about it here and interviewed doctors on the subject as well

If you want to learn more about estrogenics, I've made a post about that as well and interviewed a leading researcher on the subject. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jVwUF2VMMig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 

In this thread, I think it would be a good idea to also list where hidden products have estrogenics, so we can stay away from them. 

For example, today I noticed the SAM-e (brand Source Naturals) I was using had "methylcellulose phthalate". Now this was big surprise to me so I instantly threw this out and am now curious where other hidden "estrogenics" are hiding. 

According to Dr. Jay in my interview, an easy way to tell if a chemical binds to the estrogen receptor is if it has "benz" or "phen" in the chemical name.

Edit: not sure how to get the code to display YT

Edited by Jacob Gordon, 31 May 2017 - 06:54 PM.

#2 monowav

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

Here is an example of how estrogenics affect a male - sounds fun, right? /s

They contribute to problems such as:

• Abnormal growth and birth abnormalities (of every organ, such as penile and breast size) R R R
  • Allergies R R R R
  • Autism Spectrum Disorders (including ADHD) R R R R R R
  • Brain Abnormalities and Neurocognitive Decline/Disorders R R R R R R
  • Cancer R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R  
  • Decreased lifespan R R
  • Depression and most mood disorders R R R R R R R
  • Diabetes R R
  • Disrupts glucose regulation (in the body and brain) R R
  • DNA Damage/Mutations R R R R R
  • Early Puberty (females are now going through puberty earlier, around age 10, than supposed to, age 15). R
  • Estrogenics being stored in fat tissue (negative feedback via activation of PPARgamma) R R R R R
  • Hormonal imbalances (including lowered testosterone levels and hypothyroidism) R R R R R
  • Immunotoxicity and immunosuppression (decreasing activity of the thymus) R R R R R R R R R
  • Infertility (can be passed via generations making the next generation sterile) R R
  • Liver Toxicity R R R R R
  • Mitochondrial Damage R R R R
  • Obesity R R R
  • Tall Stature (estrogenics can induce excessive growth in girls) R R
  • Various blood clotting complications (such as thrombosis and stroke) R R R R R R
  • Vascular and heart problems R R

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 monowav

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:59 PM

Here are some natural and artificial estrogenics as well:

1. 17alpha-ethinylestradiol (EE2) like birth control
  2. 4-MBC
  3. Alyphenols (APEs)
  4. Anethole - anise oil extract R
  5. Arsenic - found in chicken
  6. Atrazine - pesticide
  7. Benzenes, found in things like cigarette smoke condensate R
  8. Benzophenone 
  9. Bisphenols (like BPA, BPS, BPAF, BPB, and BPF)
  10. Butyl hydroxytoleune (BHT) - found as a preservative in any whole grain that has a sell by date
  11. Chlorpyrifos - fungicide R
  12. Citral - Tea tree oil and lemongrass grass R R
  13. Date Palms R
  14. Dichlorodiphenyldichloroethylene (DDE) - Metabolized from dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) R
  15. Dieldrin - Pesticide R
  16. Diethylstilbestrol (DES) - DES during pregnancy can cause a tendency for the child later in life to be bisexual or lesbian R
  17. Dioxins - actually an anti-estrogenic R
  18. Endosulfan - Pesticide R
  19. Geranial - Tea tree oil, lemongrass grass, rose, palmarosa, citronella, artificial flavors (peach, raspberry, grapefruit, red apple, plum, lime, orange, lemon, watermelon, pineapple, and blueberry), cigarette additives, cannabis smoke, ginseng, red clover, alfalfa  R R R R R R
  20. Glyphosate (found in roundupR
  21. Japanese arrowroot/Kudzu [plant with a starch-rich root
  22. Kepone/Chlordecone R
  23. Metalloestrogens - such as cadmium R
  24. Methoxychlor - Insecticide alternative to DDT R
  25. Phytoestrogens like soy and flax
  26. Lavender Essential Oil R R
  27. Mycoestrogens like ZEA
  28. Nerol - hop extracts and lemongrass extracts] R
  29. Parabens
  30. Phthalates
  31. Phosphorus-Containing Flame Retardants R
  32. Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) & Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBBs) R
  33. Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) R
  34. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) R
  35. Pomegranate R
  36. Pueraria mirifica (Thai Herb) R
  37. Purified Polyphenol (like extracts) R R
  38. Red Food Dye
  39. Sunflower Seeds R
  40. Tert-butylhydroquinonet (tBHQ) - synthetic food preservative and it stimulates our T cells, to release proteins that can stimulate an allergic response to foods such as wheat, milk, eggs, nuts, and shellfish. R
  41. Triclosan

#4 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

A little known fact is that phytoestrogens can actually be antiestrogenic, just like a partial dopamine agonist can be considered an antagonist and be used to treat disorders of excessive dopamine activity.

The binding profile of phytoestrogens is often poorer than that of estrogen itself, making it actually antiestrogenic.

Also a little known fact, men actually need estrogen for fertility, although too much is obviously bad. Disorders where men are unable to produce estrogen leads to small testicle sizes and infertility, low testosterone, etc.

Perhaps an even less known fact is that estrogen contributes to masculine personality traits. If you remove a man's estrogen but give him androgens he will not behave as masculine as he used to. When I took pharmaceutical antiestrogens I immediately felt even worse than I normally did. When I then added phytoestrogens I immediately felt fantastic, more masculine, etc.

• Good Point x 1

#5 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:38 PM

It's true men need estrogen, but not as much as women I think.  It's a case of the Goldilocks zone.  My neighbor eats a lot of soy, i'm told that has phytoestrogens.  He has probably shifted himself outside of the "zone" and into more questionable territory.  how can i be so sure? we'll get to that.  and on the contrary, i eat a lot of button mushrooms which inhibit aromatase and block the conversion of test to estrogen.

by comparing myself to him and conducting a medically credible study, i've managed to conclude that a soy-based diet is likely to result in schizotypal personality.  i'm absolutely sure of that.  or do you blokes think i have it too?  i'm sure men would still hit on me, but my esteem would be hurt.  making love to my reflection after a shower and dropping pompous words would sadly not feel as unsullied if i could no longer be trusted to conduct medically credible studies..

Edited by gamesguru, 01 June 2017 - 09:40 PM.

• unsure x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#6 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:46 AM

making love to my reflection after a shower and dropping pompous words would sadly not feel as unsullied if i could no longer be trusted to conduct medically credible studies..

Uh, what?  :unsure:

• Agree x 2
  • like x 1

#7 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:49 PM

A little known fact is that phytoestrogens can actually be antiestrogenic, just like a partial dopamine agonist can be considered an antagonist and be used to treat disorders of excessive dopamine activity.

The binding profile of phytoestrogens is often poorer than that of estrogen itself, making it actually antiestrogenic.

Also a little known fact, men actually need estrogen for fertility, although too much is obviously bad. Disorders where men are unable to produce estrogen leads to small testicle sizes and infertility, low testosterone, etc.

Perhaps an even less known fact is that estrogen contributes to masculine personality traits. If you remove a man's estrogen but give him androgens he will not behave as masculine as he used to. When I took pharmaceutical antiestrogens I immediately felt even worse than I normally did. When I then added phytoestrogens I immediately felt fantastic, more masculine, etc.

Which phytoestrogens did you use and recommend?

I have severely low Estrogen that is off the scale.  And my testosterone levels are very low as well.    I been trying to increase both. Motivation is terrible, cognition is poor, and much of my personality is missing :(. I used to be a very loving person but usually feel almost no emotions :(.   It is difficult for me to function in any given day :(.  Energy and stamina are difficult to deal with. 

How does one deal with this?  Fungal infections and viral issues may be partly the cause for me. 

Edited by AlexCanada, 17 June 2017 - 10:52 PM.

#8 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:06 AM

hops are the most estrogenic scum out there, yet there are so many compounds isolated from them showing supreme neuroprotective and neurorestorative and that its hard to not consume them really. a lot of estrogenic compounds actually have good neuro ability for people in general.you should check studies or even wikipedia for this as fact, its beneficial for the brain.

its a joke to say this, but germans consume lots of real true bitter hops with good neurological properties, what if they didnt? its a joke to say this too, but japanese consume lots of estrogens naturally present in foods too, like soy, which seem to be doing good for them, what if they didnt? keep in mind, japanese and the germans are top workers and engineers in this world. i say this as a joke of course, but who knows what those estrogen foods do really...

Edited by hazy, 18 June 2017 - 12:09 AM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:56 AM

Which phytoestrogens did you use and recommend?

I have severely low Estrogen that is off the scale.  And my testosterone levels are very low as well.    I been trying to increase both. Motivation is terrible, cognition is poor, and much of my personality is missing :(. I used to be a very loving person but usually feel almost no emotions :(.   It is difficult for me to function in any given day :(.  Energy and stamina are difficult to deal with. 

How does one deal with this?  Fungal infections and viral issues may be partly the cause for me. 

I used motherwort aka Leonurus cardiaca

Why don't you get your doctors to prescribe you something?

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: estrogen, receptors, bpa, phthalates

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users