• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone have experiences with RNA supplements?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 brizzadizza

• 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:52 PM

My gut tells me it won't do very much, but a few people I've talked to have claimed it really speeds up healing and a few other things. My reason for thinking quackery is wouldn't eating anything offer vast amounts of RNA to the body? Plants have it, animals have it, bacteria and virii have it so RNA seems to be quite abundant, would supplementing it do anything? Although to counter that thought if RNA was coded for specific protein sequences then it could help in the specific creation of those sequences as RNA has enzymatic properties right? I'd like to hear any opinions or testimonials please.
Brandon

#2 the big b

• 146 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

There are several people on here who use DNA/RNA supplements, but I rarely see one without the other, I've been meaning to ask a question like this for sometime myself, so please step on up if you have any comments.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:42 PM

I would also like to know, as I've seen them very cheap, but never done any research...guess that time is now.

#4 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

Be careful when using RNA/DNA supplements. The breakdown of these product causes excessive Uric acid which causes gout. I took the LEF RNA capsules for a year and my Uric acid level went above 7 or 8 causing severe joint pain. Stopped taking the RNA and after 12 months I was back to normal. I don't normally test for Uric Acid on my blood test, it was only after my joints became a pain that I found the culprit.

#5 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

Is there is a way to wash off uric acid ?

#6 brizzadizza

• Topic Starter
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:08 AM

Uric acid is turned into urea and released as urine. You can't wash it off from the rna as its a byproduct of nitrogen metabolism.
NBourBaki,
What were you taking the supplement for and did it help for that purpose? Up until the gout y'know. :)
Brandon

#7 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:09 PM

I was taking it for life extension purposes. Other than a mild case of the gout and one kidney stone, I really didn't notice anything from taking it. Which is why I avoid it now.

#8 brizzadizza

• Topic Starter
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

I gotcha, thank you. I think that might be sound advice. Do you or anyone else know of any Journal articles suggesting benefit from taking it?
Brandon

#9 streety

• 33 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:23 PM

Although to counter that thought if RNA was coded for specific protein sequences then it could help in the specific creation of those sequences as RNA has enzymatic properties right?  I'd like to hear any opinions or testimonials please.
Brandon

I seriously doubt ingesting RNA would lead to the protein it initially coded for being expressed in any tissues. My reasoning is that RNA is generally speaking fairly unstable. If you wanted to extract RNA from cells in the lab (for use in a micro-array analysis for example) it is done on wet ice and with a cocktail of inhibitors. Even without RNase's it can break down. DNA is more stable because it has one less hydroxy group on the (deoxy)ribose sugar.

I've never supplemented DNA or RNA so can't comment on that side of things.
  • like x 1

#10 chezwin

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

All I can say is READ this book:

Heal Your Body Naturally: The Power of RNA by Dr. Amy Yasko and Dr. Garry Gordon.

This book really helped me understand all things RNA, including supplementation. According to the book, RNA supplementation has positive effects especially when the RNA is specific and targeted.

Hope this helps.

-John

#11 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

All I can say is READ this book:

Heal Your Body Naturally: The Power of RNA by Dr. Amy Yasko and Dr. Garry Gordon.

This book really helped me understand all things RNA, including supplementation. According to the book, RNA supplementation has positive effects especially when the RNA is specific and targeted.

What does specific and targeted mean? You mean like specific sequences? Or specific nucleotides? Could you give us a short synopsis of the book? The vast majority of us aren't going to go out and buy it, so that would be a great service. Thanks.

#12 adamh

• 1,012 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

Doesn't almost all our food have dna and rna in it? Except for extracts like sugar, fat and so on. If there was something to gain from dna or rna it seems like our body would absorb it from the plant and animal food we eat. I may be missing something but that is my take on it. Gout is a serious condition and taking something that causes it does not sound healthy.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 rioz

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

Alas, this is an old thread, but I'm going to post in it anyway.

This isn't a journal article, but I found it very interesting.

http://warddeanmd.co...erapeutic-uses/

I got interested in RNA because I am a fast metabolizer according to Rudolph Wiley in his book BioBalance. He says that fast metabolizers NEED purines from foods such as organ meats and sardines in order to STAY alkalized. Yeah, you read that right.  His is a very unusual take on the acid-alkaline debate, which I would probably ignore, except that it totally works for me. Wiley explains why in his book.  So, only about 12% of the population are fast metabolizers, they really need purines... but how much organ meat and sardines can a person EAT? Enter Dr. Dean's article and Dr. Frank's (old!) book, The No Aging Diet. And RNA pills!

Six weeks later, I am clear that this supplementation has many benefits for me: increased strength and endurance being the main one. Friends are saying I look younger.

Are you one of these fast metabolizers? Wiley gives a ball park test: are you sensitive to caffeine? If you started the day with a cup of coffee and nothing else, how would that day likely go? For fast metabolizers, not well. Another ball parker: how do you do with a water fast? Wanna die by the second day? Probably a fast metabolizer. 

So... if you can't do coffee alone (I can do some coffee if I feed it) and if water fasting is just awful, there's a good chance that RNA supplementation might work really well for you.

Slow metabolizers, on the other hand, actually do better avoiding purines (and probably RNA supps), which can increase uric acid and give them gout.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users