• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Isn't Life Extension + Longevity + Youth, the "Ultimate" or High up there, Demand of Humans?

activism economics money ideas brainstorming longevity outreach life extension

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Griff

• 68 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

Isn't Life Extension + Longevity + Youth, the "Ultimate" or High up there, Demand of Humans?

What I mean is, if you wish to use basic terms of Economics: Supply & Demand -

Forever more, or for a long period of time for now, Fresh Water is the highest Demand and Desire of Humans, if you don't have fresh water for 1 / 2 / 3 days, you die a horrible death.

Almost tied for First, but at Second Place, is Food + Wholesome Food, if you don't have Food for 5 days to 2 weeks, you will die a horrible death.

If you catch my drift...... :::

We all have many desires, almost infinite that I cannot list -

A safe home, Nice music, New things, Good Food, Variety is the Spice of Life, Good Friends, New Friends, Nice places to travel, Six Pack Abs, Fun Video games.

I already listed the Hierarchy of Needs, of Water, Food, Shelter, Transportation, Fossil Fuels; a lot of these have to do with our economy and supply + demand,

but what I am really getting at is,

Isn't Life Extension Technology and Therapies to Create Longevity and Youth, one of the Ultimate Demands and Desires of all time???

Besides talking about fun hobbies like Trading Cards or Board Games,

isn't Life Extension, if it is actually possible and Do-able, the "biggest" Market and Sector of all time in Human History?

I hope people get what I am pondering about and getting at...   I was brainstorming and was trying to put my thoughts into words and still thinking, I will edit this and add more later.

• like x 1

#2 Oakman

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:50 PM

"Almost tied for First, but at Second Place, is Food + Wholesome Food, if you don't have Food for 5 days to 2 weeks, you will die a horrible death."

Just watched a movie about a guy who went 55 days eventually, in a 'health and weight' personal challenge. I think all he consumed was "Smart Water" and he lost something like 70 lbs. And that's nothing.... but this is... 382 days fasting!  So looks like you're good 'til you get skinny not eating, not just 5-14 days.

"isn't Life Extension, if it is actually possible and Do-able, the "biggest" Market and Sector of all time in Human History?"

Not sure really. Right now the life track for most humans is somewhat set, prearranged time-wise. Businesses, organizations, society, etc., (aka what products and services are marketed to us over our lifetimes) are in place to manage and maintain us as we grow up, work a reasonable number of years, then 'retire' and 'spend down' until death. Then the world moves on. Setting up another 'extended longevity' class of people might be a level of societal complexity that can't be sustained.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: activism, economics, money, ideas, brainstorming, longevity, outreach, life extension

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users