* * * * * 1 votes

CBD oil

cbd oil

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Snejks

• 23 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

Hello, is CBD oil good for high stress/depression? Or smething other is better widely available? 

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:49 PM

Yes, definitely I'm digging it (as a severely depressed person). CBD oil is kinda like being high mentally (expansion of thought, deeper awareness of self, increased sensitivity to pleasure, decreased sensitivity to niggling pain)...

My only problem with CBD is the ridiculously high price. I bought some from Charlotte's Web, and while it is indeed good, potent stuff, the price just feels wrong.

I feel like I've tried everything for my anxiety and depression, I'm just short of electroshock therapy, which signaled the end of the road for psychiatric interventions for me.

So CBD is an option, especially if you're flush, then again I weigh the pain of depression against the benefits of CBD and where falls the balance? I'll probably buy more -- nothing else has worked as well as CBD oil except really working my body through heavy excessive exercise and yoga.

Report your experiences. It's definitely not placebo (for me) because when something works -- like tripping balllz on acid -- you know without a doubt that that something works.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Snejks

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

Yes, definitely I'm digging it (as a severely depressed person). CBD oil is kinda like being high mentally (expansion of thought, deeper awareness of self, increased sensitivity to pleasure, decreased sensitivity to niggling pain)...

My only problem with CBD is the ridiculously high price. I bought some from Charlotte's Web, and while it is indeed good, potent stuff, the price just feels wrong.

I feel like I've tried everything for my anxiety and depression, I'm just short of electroshock therapy, which signaled the end of the road for psychiatric interventions for me.

So CBD is an option, especially if you're flush, then again I weigh the pain of depression against the benefits of CBD and where falls the balance? I'll probably buy more -- nothing else has worked as well as CBD oil except really working my body through heavy excessive exercise and yoga.

Report your experiences. It's definitely not placebo (for me) because when something works -- like tripping balllz on acid -- you know without a doubt that that something works.

Thanks for help! You are great! I will report my experiences for a month :)

#4 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for help! You are great! I will report my experiences for a month :)

Excellent! If you're anything like me (stressed out & often miserable) you'll find immediate respite. It lasts a good long while, too. At first I was like this stuff doesn't do anything: then: Woah!

I took several dropper loads of the highest purity I could locate, then figured it'd do nothing. The feeling is very, very interesting. It's like you're high on dank, but also not. Hard to explain, for me though it sorta feels like a controlled high if that makes any sense. It'll suddenly sneak up on me after I've forgotten I've ingested it. Food affects it. Probably healthy oils like olive oil and some steamed veggies helps with absorption?

One other thing, while on CBD oil, I find if I move my body vigorously (say dance or yoga) then the feeling goes bodywide within me. Feel it in my toes, feel it in my spine, feel it in my head. Especially the head, meaning, it affects my thinking. It helps me stop catastrophizing every little thing that goes wrong.

Careful! Respect is due here, and I try not to overdo. It'd be really cool if you shared your experiences here, too.

Edited by sthira, 02 August 2017 - 05:41 PM.

#5 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:43 PM

you need a lot of cbd oil for anxiety or depression. and by a lot i mean the highest dose possible. here is the problem, the lowest dose sold is kind of expensive, but to get the highest dose, you will go broke.

#6 adamh

• 1,013 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:05 AM

If you look around you can find cbd fairly cheaply. I paid $40 a gm for 98% purity solid and about 25 when I bought a larger amount. Many people swear by it.

#7 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:17 AM

cbd is not cheap. maybe you are using ebay or something and getting various vendor random;s stats of how much cbd is in their products

#8 hydrus

• 98 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:47 AM

worked better than drugs for me.

#9 ThreeKings12341

• 169 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

so what brands can u recommend guys with best quality?  would love to try it out

#10 adamh

• 1,013 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

What I've seen on ebay has been expensive. try cbdistillery

#11 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

Here's a decent CBD primer:  https://www.projectcbd.org/

#12 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:33 PM

well, it didnt help me with this thats for sure

#13 sentics

• 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:14 PM

did nothing good for me, au contraire, i got hypotension issues from it, my bloodpressure dropped to 90/55. it always is kinda low, but not usually that low

#14 stan08

• 175 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

I've tried the Charlotte's Web 15 mg cbd capsules.  I actually felt more depressed while taking it.  However, it did work very well with regard to sleep if taken right before bed.  

#15 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:03 PM

how can it help with sleep at night but make you depressed during the day?

#16 stan08

• 175 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:30 PM

how can it help with sleep at night but make you depressed during the day?

To clarify, I felt depressed if taking it during the daytime.  So, I tried taking it at night (about an hour before bed).  It helped with sleep a lot.  Didn't make me depressed the next day if I took it at night.  However, wasn't worth the cost to me as just a sleep aid (for me, magnesium taurate and l-theanine work just as well and are much cheaper).

Edited by stan08, 16 August 2017 - 03:32 PM.

#17 Heyguy

• 50 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:22 PM

Any updates? How does cbd oil compare to theanine for example? Reddit have some reputable vendors mentioned, like nuleaf.

Edited by Heyguy, 08 September 2017 - 10:25 PM.

#18 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

Any updates? How does cbd oil compare to theanine for example? Reddit have some reputable vendors mentioned, like nuleaf.

I'm still having nice effects. CBD is better than any drug, therapy, or vitamin pill for my sorry brand of depression and anxiety. I switched from charlottes web to bluebird's product, which I find more potent and a nice mellow long lasting entourage effect from their mix. Only problem is the high price, and of course any human data for long term ingestion. Fwiw, theanine does nothing for me.

#19 hydrus

• 98 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:06 AM

CBD is better than any drug, therapy, or vitamin pill for my sorry brand of depression and anxiety.

Same experience here.

#20 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

CBD is better than any drug, therapy, or vitamin pill for my sorry brand of depression and anxiety.

Same experience here.
It's kind of like -- a light turns on -- a light I didn't even know was off until it turned on again.

Edited by sthira, 08 October 2017 - 01:11 PM.

#21 hydrus

• 98 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:31 PM

Same experience here.
It's kind of like -- a light turns on -- a light I didn't even know was off until it turned on again.

not sure I would describe it that way... for me it's more like a relaxed feeling which helps you cope with both physical and mental pain. which slows your thinking down without making you mentally slow, (helps with ADHD) and allows you to focus better.

It also helps with anhedonia and broadens your thinking. induces a mild high without intoxication or any negative effects.

all the positives of a high without any negatives or drugged feeling. I think it does promote brain healing because some effects lasted for some time even after I stopped taking it. almost like it changes your brain and helps with personal growth, hard to describe.

Edited by hydrus, 08 October 2017 - 07:35 PM.

#22 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

Researchers are getting around to it as criminalization begins to ease:

Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug.

Review article

Schier AR, et al. Rev Bras Psiquiatr. 2012.

Abstract

OBJECTIVES: To review and describe studies of the non-psychotomimetic constituent of Cannabis sativa, cannabidiol (CBD), as an anxiolytic drug and discuss its possible mechanisms of action.

METHOD: The articles selected for the review were identified through searches in English, Portuguese, and Spanish in the electronic databases ISI Web of Knowledge, SciELO, PubMed, and PsycINFO, combining the search terms "cannabidiol and anxiolytic", "cannabidiol and anxiolytic-like", and "cannabidiol and anxiety". The reference lists of the publications included, review articles, and book chapters were handsearched for additional references. Experimental animal and human studies were included, with no time restraints.

RESULTS: Studies using animal models of anxiety and involving healthy volunteers clearly suggest an anxiolytic-like effect of CBD. Moreover, CBD was shown to reduce anxiety in patients with social anxiety disorder.

CONCLUSION: Future clinical trials involving patients with different anxiety disorders are warranted, especially of panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, social anxiety disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorders. The adequate therapeutic window of CBD and the precise mechanisms involved in its anxiolytic action remain to be determined.

PMID 22729452 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders.
Review article
Blessing EM, et al. Neurotherapeutics. 2015.

Abstract

Cannabidiol (CBD), a Cannabis sativa constituent, is a pharmacologically broad-spectrum drug that in recent years has drawn increasing interest as a treatment for a range of neuropsychiatric disorders. The purpose of the current review is to determine CBD's potential as a treatment for anxiety-related disorders, by assessing evidence from preclinical, human experimental, clinical, and epidemiological studies. We found that existing preclinical evidence strongly supports CBD as a treatment for generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder when administered acutely; however, few studies have investigated chronic CBD dosing. Likewise, evidence from human studies supports an anxiolytic role of CBD, but is currently limited to acute dosing, also with few studies in clinical populations. Overall, current evidence indicates CBD has considerable potential as a treatment for multiple anxiety disorders, with need for further study of chronic and therapeutic effects in relevant clinical populations.

PMID 26341731 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] PMCID PMC4604171

#23 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

its banned in a lot of states for who knows what reason since marijuana in general is being popularized in the same states now thats strange

• Good Point x 1

#24 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:57 AM

its banned in a lot of states for who knows what reason since marijuana in general is being popularized in the same states now thats strange

In Colorado, legalization has pumped tens of millions of dollars into local and state tax funds, created thousands of well-paying, highly sought jobs, increased tourism, and legalization represents billions in the future market potential. Washington, Alaska, Oregon, and several other states are following their model. But it ain't exactly popular on the American political right -- that's only because they aren't yet personally profiting. Once they do figure out how to bank up, they'll change their minds alright.

Edited by sthira, 09 October 2017 - 02:00 AM.

• Agree x 1

#25 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

sthira, if you don't mind sharing:

How many mg of CBD oil do you use per dose?

How many times per day do you dose?  And at what times?

Do you use every day?

Are you taking sublingually?

Does it aid sleeping?

Have you tried CBD/THC tinctures?  What ratio?

#26 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:18 PM

sthira, if you don't mind sharing:

How many mg of CBD oil do you use per dose?

How many times per day do you dose? And at what times?

Do you use every day?

Are you taking sublingually?

Does it aid sleeping?

Have you tried CBD/THC tinctures? What ratio?

Predictably, of course, "There is no scientific information that directs how much CBD you should take."

Meanwhile, until mainstream catches up with better science and dosing strategies, I take a +/-10-15 drops, which is like 0.5 ml. I take it when I'm feeling for it. When I'm feeling for it is also predictable -- I've got my personal biology's panic gig down pretty pat -- the terror strikes predictably as stage fright.

But I can't take too much, either. Too much makes me loopy and unreal, so dosing is very personal.

I use it pretty much everyday; although when I'm not stressed, I don't. It's very, very expensive, which sucks. When I'm more stressed, I use more. So there's some goldilocks going on here.

I've tried the CBD/THC mixtures, and yes wow yes. But in my humble opinion they're not for everyday use -- for me -- or I can see myself falling into a trap. Others around me are using more. Not that I think CBD is physiologically addicting; but man, I'm here reporting that when something works better for my stupid and debilitating anxiety than nasty pharmaceuticals, I'm definitely riding it while it lasts.

Edited by sthira, 11 October 2017 - 12:00 AM.

• like x 1

#27 Virtual Reality

• 118 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:16 PM

Yawn, i'd say 98% CBD Oil which sold online is a fluke.

Though they developed CBD strains specifically for pain-management.Those are prescribed for some and meant to be smoked. Even if you can get a hold of those strains they could aggrevate depression/anxiety, because IME there always be THC in the strain. (I live in the Netherlands -  weed is legal here -, so I know what I'm talking about).

Also, there is no scientific research yet that CBD could be helpfull for those suffering depression/anxiety, only speculations.

• Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#28 adamh

• 1,013 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:24 PM

I have found that cbd while very expensive at most places can be bought more cheaply at a few others. One I have used is CBDistillery which has it cheap in solid form and their liquid form while more expensive is much less than what I see on ebay or many places. If someone knows a better source lets hear it?

The solid form should be vaporized or baked into edibles. Heat is needed to activate it and (hopefully) all the liquid forms on the market have been pre heated. People who got no effect may have used a non preheated form. Its the same with mj, eating it without heating it first means it will have little or no effect.

http://marijuanagrow...-thca-into-thc/

#29 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

Yawn, i'd say 98% CBD Oil which sold online is a fluke.

Though they developed CBD strains specifically for pain-management.Those are prescribed for some and meant to be smoked. Even if you can get a hold of those strains they could aggrevate depression/anxiety, because IME there always be THC in the strain. (I live in the Netherlands -  weed is legal here -, so I know what I'm talking about).

Also, there is no scientific research yet that CBD could be helpfull for those suffering depression/anxiety, only speculations.

Idk if you know it, but other countries, the US for example, has left the Dutch behind. They have strains with 15% (or even more) CBD and less than 1% THC. They don't have this in the Netherlands or Europe. The highest CBD strain available on the Dutch market is 8% CBD 0.03% THC.

As for CBD oil, it's not regulated in the Netherlands. People make it and who sell it usually sell snake-oil (tried 3). Most health-shops usually sell imported CBD-oil.

Edited by YoungSchizo, 15 October 2017 - 06:27 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

I'm going on three months now on this quest to tamp down high performance anxiety, stage fright, like life atop a high wire, no nets, surrounded by scary clowns, and so far so good with CBD oil. No other way to explain the effects on my personal makeup except with enthusiastic hyperbole: it's been life changing. I hope it lasts!

Everyone is different, duh, so how it affects me may not translate to how it affects you. There's anxiety relief, pain relief, I'm much lighter, easier, effortless, a sorta "reorientation" with my formerly pessimistic, nihilistic dark self. People verbally express positive notice, like, you seem happier and less intense. Amazing stuff, this, I could go on and on, not borderline mania, I feel, but a subtle lifting, like being high but not high at all. Receptors are activated.

Edited by sthira, 27 October 2017 - 04:17 PM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cbd, oil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users