- - - - -

Nootropics/substances for better oxygenation

brainfog oxygen mental sharpness help vinpocetine

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Grandmaster

• 217 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

I have been dealing with brainfog problem which most possibly was result of very hard(6 books for some exams, 12 exams in year) university studying 10 months in one of the cities with worst air quality in the Europe(it was autumn and winter so worst time since it has a lot old beatiful buildings but carbon produces a lot of smog), excessive energy drinks usage, bad choice of nootropics(noopept and its short term memory impariment, some other crap) and lack of oxygen because being not able to practise my sports. I want to prevent that in future since this brainfog made my productivity and mental sharpness much lower than usually so i lost chance to get scholarship "by the skin of teeth. What supplements i can use to make my brain better supplied with oxygen and keep mental sharpness in circumstances as i described?

I tried a lot of nootropics but got mostly side effects(noopept, pramiracetam, piracetam, phenibut, prl 8-53, coluracetam, huperzine A but i havent used all for long time, only noopept beause others caused instant side effects) also rhodiola rosea, lions mane and tryprofan but all cause more brainfog so i lost a lot of cash. 

I used Vinpocetine because its has been reported to have cerebral blood-flow enhancing and neuroprotective effects which i feel some minutes after dosing it but effects vanishes fast and it has normally rather short half life of 3 hours if i recall correctly.

Edited by Grandmaster, 10 August 2017 - 08:28 AM.

#2 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

Galantamine is used for vascular dementia. That may help.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

itpp

#4 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:01 PM

itpp

Have you guys tried both of em? I have heard that galantamine is used to get lucid dreams and helps memorizing dreams so its additional interesting effect but i havent heard anything about Itpp is it some form of inositol?

#5 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:14 PM

I take gal at the mo. I've taken it for about, what, 2 weeks. So far, so good.

#6 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:06 PM

supposedly vinpocetine is a good choice here, but in practice it's more depleting over the long haul...  for inspiration look to gingko, ginger, arginine, arugula, beet greens, common perriwinkle, berries, black currents, dark chocolate, mineral water and a generally healthful diet.. idk.. anything that helps blood, oxygen, glucose uptake

• Informative x 1

#7 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:26 AM

itpp

Have you guys tried both of em? I have heard that galantamine is used to get lucid dreams and helps memorizing dreams so its additional interesting effect but i havent heard anything about Itpp is it some form of inositol?

the great lostfalco wrote about itpp here ---> http://www.lostfalco.com/tgs/

#8 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:30 PM

I gonna try to find some source of itpp nearby. What about normal inositol? Im also thinking about buying Phosphatidylserine since that brainfog might be not only result of not enough oxygen but maybe high cortisol levels caused by high caffeine doses consumption.

#9 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:41 AM

yeh i was gonna ask, who diagnosed you as having low oxygen supply anywhere to the body? ill tell you this, ive been doing vasocontrictive drugs like cocaine and amphetamines and i realize i have low oxygen supply to the brain when my penis shrinks too. thats the best way for a person to realize if they get enough supply of oxygen to the brain. research on people with thrombosis symptoms, shriveled penis is a common symptom. if you penis is shrinking, you might need oxygen supply to the brain as well since these two organs are very related

• Needs references x 1

#10 NG_F

• 142 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:32 PM

Vasoconstriction does not necessarily mean decreased blood flow or restricted  perfusion to vital tissues and organs, ie) the brain and heart; as blood pressure and perfusion is increased most of the time.

In the case of the penis, vasoconstriction presents with overall filling defects from lack of relaxation in the sinuses of the corpora cavernosa and corpus spongiusm .

Grandmaster, who told you that you have hypoperfusion of oxygen and/or hemoglobin levels ? Have you had sleep studies and CBC blood panels to demonstrate any of this ? I suggest you get yourself a Spo2 pulse oximeter to verify and keep records. A 24 hour recordable type could record patterns during sleep to  give you a better idea, since this is the most imperative for restoration, alertness and tissue longevity. You need to get a blood work up for Hemoglobin, Hematocrit and Iron levels. This will give us a clearer picture of what's going on .

If you find your extremities to be constantly choked up and cold , then I recommend supplementing with the amino acid L-Arginine and Citruline. these are potent vasodilators and can immensly help !

Keep an eye out for blood pressure and deep six any and all stims, caffeine and amps if you are currently taking them .  Exercise or increase exercise  duration to help with oxygenation, circulation and arterial/venous integrity.

Edited by NG_F, 23 August 2017 - 09:35 PM.

• dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:28 AM

not sure about citrulline since watermellons contain a lot of it and i never really notice vasodialation from eating them, but what i know is pycnogenol + arginine definitely do something

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brainfog, oxygen, mental, sharpness, help, vinpocetine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users