• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Hello All! Any Online Activism Ideas and Tips?

ideas activism question help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Griff

• 68 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

Hello All! Any Online Activism Ideas and Tips?

I feel like if a person has a list of ideas, that even if one fails or doesn't follow through, that doesn't mean it should stop you and you should keep going down the other avenues, if you would agree? I guess we can all make a difference such as someone makes youtube videos or using the comments?

I guess another way to stay active in this cause is to try and save money? Like good personal finance and don't overspend, so that the extra money can be used for health and supplementing and diet, and for donations?

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:48 AM

I reckon that someone with the brains and resources needs to make a video that will go viral and get people talking. I know that this is easier said than done.

As far as supplements and money go, we need to perhaps make the market more competitive and drive prices down...I may be misguided in suggesting this but a lot of people will be unable to afford a lot of the supplements/treatments. shame we can't have a company selling a product where sales help to support SENS or something.

Edited by Droplet, 14 August 2017 - 08:04 AM.

#3 Aeon

• 14 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:59 AM

Hello. Old thread but worth discussing. I too recently thought of ways I could personally support the efforts for anti-aging and cryonics.

Not seeing how I could personally participate in the field of anti-aging in the present, other than monetary contribution there are other ways I can come up with:

• Promoting the message by highlighting presentations/discussions and writings given at the topic. I noticed that many good and informative videos seriously discussing topics of anti-aging research on youtube have low view count and recently started upvoting such videos (they're about the only videos to date that I did), as far as I know this makes the youtube algorithm promote them by better recommending them to other youtube viewers
  • Also, supporting anti-aging related petitions. I have come up with a few of those. Actually, if there is a web page or such that routinely contains current pending petitions for the cause, this could be good to know and to spread to other supporters for prompting it.

People have been mentioning petitions from the site change.org too. At least for gaining more exposure to the ideas of anti-aging and longevity I think this could be a good place.

Good such example in my opinion: one petition still opened that people can support and help prompt- at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, I found a petition calling for renewed support for research on the DRACO antiviral experimental drugs by Dr. Todd Rider. (https://www.change.o...isease-covid-19 )

I have read years ago about his team's research on a group of drugs that could offer global treatments against many types of viruses, hoping to offer a universal treatment for many viruses like antibiotics have done with bacterial diseases. With a responsible use I think that it has a potential to offer treatment and protection for humanity against both existing and newly emerging viruses. While not necessarily anti-aging related, it is certainly of great importance for prompting longevity.

Their group's research was stalled years ago even though it presented with very promising initial results, after chronic lack of funding. I did hope at the beginning of the pandemic that they will gain a lot more financial support for their much important research, I do not know if they received such to date.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:35 AM

Aeon - love the ideas and enthusiasm! :-D I have brought you to the attention of a moderator who may or may not be able to find you a way to channel your talents into something to help the cause.

#5 Aeon

• 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:30 PM

Thanks. I wrote a detailed comment because I think that it's an important topic and I know of nowhere else where it should be taken more seriously.

Perhaps when I would come up with other good petitions in the topic, I will add a link to them in the forum for people.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ideas, activism, question, help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users