• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Boltzmann Brain as God

boltzmann god

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:27 AM

I've been curious as to what happens in the far future of the universe and it seems one explanation (involving the heat death) is that in 10^10^50 years, far into dark era where the universe is at maximum entropy, that a Boltzmann brain could appear due to random quantum fluctuations.

It is then theorised that in 10^10^10^56 years, another universe could be formed by quantum tunnelling. Suffice to say, that is a ridiculously long time. Now if we can accept that given enough time, anything with a non zero probability can/will happen and given the vastness of the universe and the timescale, is it out of the realm of possibility that such a self aware entity in an empty universe have control or influence?

Could religion be salvaged by utilising a Boltzmann brain as the God that started 'our' particular incarnation of the universe?

I have often wondered how science and religion could meet in the middle somewhere and if any religious people here could reconcile a 'Boltzmann Brain' concept as God. A Boltzmann brain, quantum tunnelling etc certainly rescues the 'something from nothing' paradox

#2 shifter

• Topic Starter
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:31 AM

This article articulates my thinking better than me

https://vulcanis.wor...ight-have-hoped

• like x 1

#3 william7

• 1,777 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:20 AM

Better than thinking God developed through some random fluctuation, would be trying figure out exactly how this God wants us to live our lives. Studying the Bible would obviously be the route to take. Why waste time trying to figure out how God came into existence when this cannot ever be subjected to scientific verification. God resides outside of time, space and matter and cannot be limited by them as the believer ever so accurately explains to the atheist in the video below.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boltzmann, god

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users