seeking info

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:07 PM

Greetings everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any additional information on CryoGen and its pre-ICO that's happening in less than a month?

http://cryogen.me/en

I'm particularly interested to learn more about their plans for a cryonics facility in Switzerland. Unfortunately here in the US we are still encumbered by judeo-christian ethics which prevents euthanasia as an option for the terminal ill. This is troublesome for cryonicists who desire an optimal preservation of their identity, particularly when they are faced with a pathology that involves the destruction of their neural substrate (aggressive brain cancers, senile dementia, etc). In Switzerland euthanasia is legal and that would allow for a much more optimal preservation.

So far I haven't been able to find much info other than the basic promotional stuff that's been put up on their website...

#2 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:39 AM

a moderation note: it may be tricky to stay on topic here  

as I see it ,the topics are NOT 

--  judeo-christian ethics

-- "euthanasia" in Switzerland (physician-assisted suicide, also possible in Oregon)

-- Kriorus in general

-- cryptocurrencies, tokens and "initial coin offerings" in general 

But instead a discussion of the CryoGen initiative specifically.  

Don, I have given you moderation rights for this topic. Use them as you see fit.   

#3 MentalParadox

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

Yes, I'm very curious too. I'm currently a member at Cryonics Institute. But seeing as how I'm from Belgium, a facility in Europe would be much better for me.

I just hope that IF it happens, the quality of the facility and the procedures performed (and materials used, such as perfusion fluids) will be good enough.

Quality concerns are why I didn't sign with KrioRus.

• Good Point x 1

#4 DJS

• Topic Starter
  • 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

Thank you Caliban. If any additional posts are made I'll try to manage it as best I can.

#5 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

Unfortunately I have signed up to the Cryonics Institute. They said they would not freeze anyone who had committed suicide. I gave them loads of money! Now I could never find that amount of money again. I don't know what to do. I am still it seems in the early stages of a diabetic driven dementia. Still SCI. I have heard of Bredesen but don't seem able to stick to the diet. I think I have chosen the wrong cryogenics provider.

#6 Jamesashmore

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

Let’s say in 1000 years from now it was possible for a quantum computer or another technology to create a map of your brain the way it was just before you passed. With this brain map molecular nanotechnology could restore the structure of your brain by putting all the atoms where they belong. If you think brain mapping isn’t a big deal then ask yourself why the Obama Administration launched a multi billion dollar brain mapping project and ask yourself why some people refer to nanotechnology as the Holy Grail.

What I have told you is a game changer.

#7 Jamesashmore

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:18 PM

Google fluidledger dot com. We will soon be the industry leader. Refer to my last post.

#8 MaximilianKohler

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:44 PM

Unfortunately I have signed up to the Cryonics Institute. They said they would not freeze anyone who had committed suicide. I gave them loads of money! Now I could never find that amount of money again. I don't know what to do. I am still it seems in the early stages of a diabetic driven dementia. Still SCI. I have heard of Bredesen but don't seem able to stick to the diet. I think I have chosen the wrong cryogenics provider.

Did you ask them for a refund? I'm in a similar position, and they did not say they wouldn't freeze anyone who committed suicide, they just said they will not provide any advice or assistance. Your best bet might be to travel to Switzerland for "suicide tourism" and arrange for a local funeral director/mortician to put you on ice immediately and ship you to CI. That is, if you can verify with CI if they'll still freeze you under these conditions.

I am also very interested in this new Switzerland facility for this reason. But it seems like it will be a few years at least till it becomes operational. KrioRus isn't known to be a top company.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By