My complete experience with C60Oil

carbon 60 c60 buckeyballs lifespan antioxidants c60oo carbon60oliveoil

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 demogirl06

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

The following is my complete experience with Carbon 60 olive oil for readers (like myself) interested in reading others' anecdotes. I encourage people to ask questions but to NOT post their personal experiences on this thread (please start another one in a similar vein).

ABOUT ME: 33 years old, female, personal trainer, volunteer researcher at UCSF. Moderately science literate. Currently applying to medical schools. Experienced with most kinds of recreational drugs (though not presently) and acutely dialed into "highs" and "comedowns" from substances in general. Long-time athlete; at 19 underwent a double discectomy for two herniated lumbar discs (L5/S1, and L4/L5) due to overuse injury in collegiate rowing. Re-herniated L5/S1 sometime since then and also endure arthritis throughout my low back. Also suffer from arthritis and crepitus in my right knee from a septic infection in the joint ten years ago. On the whole, I am in excellent physical condition but admit that joint pain and inflammation have been the biggest culprits in my life (and heartburn).

EARLY SEPTEMBER: Heard an interview between Clif High and Sarah Westall on Youtube. Clif High talked about Carbon 60 and the Parisian lifespan study (Baati et al.). I scoffed at this because he is into entertaining woo woo. As he talked, I decided to Google it briefly. Experienced some lag and gave up on in.

SEPTEMBER 14th, 2017: While on my bicycle, I made a reckless left turn and was hit by a light rail train. I suffered a left-side grade 3 shoulder separation from a posterior impact. This means that two separate ligaments, the AC and the CC ligaments responsible for holding my collar bone in place probably ruptured completely and now the distal end of my collar bone juts up abnormally about 2cm. Needless to say, this was a painful injury and my shoulder was incredibly swollen. The prognosis for this injury is typically 8-12 weeks. I was saddened not only by the permanent physical deformity, but the notion that I might not return to my MMA training for as long as 8-12 weeks. A full recovery is considered full range of motion pain free.

Attached File  IMG_20170914_112946487.jpg   159.73KB   7 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20170915_204523647.jpg   67.82KB   7 downloads

By the next day, I could not touch my left fingertips to my chin. I could not raise the arm in any direction. I could not hold anything heavier than a coffee mug in the hand while in the sling. More uncomfortable than this, however, was the sharp pain in my mid trapezius muscle when I isometrically contracted my upper back (as one does when sitting up, coughing, or sneezing). I took 400mg of ibuprofen at morning and at night for over a week, and iced the area 4-6 times daily. 3 days post-injury, I began arm pendulums and basic mobility exercises to resolve stiffness. By day 5 I was using a Theraband to horizontally abduct the shoulder, retract my shoulder blades, and other motions that did not cause immediate pain. One week post-injury, I could flex my straight arm in the sagittal plane about 30 degrees before pain ensued. For a grade 3 AC separation, this type of flexion, chest pressing, and overhead pressing are the most painful motions. My success in these motions would dictate my recovery.

SEPTEMBER 23, 2017: Heard an interview between Sarah Westall and Tom Martin about Carbon 60. Heard that his business sold out of Carbon 60 after the Clif High interview was released. I immediately Googled the study, read the abstract, and decided to order a bottle for the heck of it before suppliers sold out again. It was only $43 and purportedly safe. I listened, in fascination, to the interview. As an athlete I was interested in performance gains and living longer, for sure, but also curious about whether it might accelerate my shoulder's healing process. I spent most of the next day listening to interviews, podcasts, reading papers on carbon 60, trying to understand the molecule, reading longecity posts, and everything else related (like activated charcoal). I told some of my co-workers and clients. Everyone was interested.

SEPTEMBER 27, 2017: I received my second physical therapy session. I explained to my physical therapist that horizontal abduction was good. All rowing and retraction motions felt strong, but that flexion and pressing of all kinds was off limits to me. Those motions produced immediate and acute pain; it is unknown if the pain was due to swelling or a muscle injury. On the whole, however, I felt that my shoulder was improving rapidly and my larger concern was the pain in my upper back. I felt that I had "plateaued" in my body's rapid elimination of swelling and inflammation of the injured area. It had been two days since I felt my last improvement. I informed her that when I did my rehab exercises, I generally felt good doing so. I did them until the shoulder ached, announcing its limit, and would then cease rehab and ice the area. The next day, invariably, I would feel increased swelling, stiffness, and irritation from delayed onset muscle soreness and inflammation from having exercised the area. Pain, stiffness, and irritation, was the price I had to pay for rehab.

SEPTEMBER 28, 2017: My shoulder was especially irritated and achey, even creeping into my neck. Though my icing efforts had waned in recent days, I felt it necessary to ice the area again. I had ceased taking ibuprofen several days earlier and figured it was achey because of this fact. Basically, the shoulder was especially cranky on this day. I was also underslept and ready for a nap when I left my lab at 3pm. I had about an hour to myself before my shift at the gym. I decided to go to my apartment and lie down. When I arrived, I found that the Carbon 60 package was waiting for me on the table. I decided that I would dose it immediately, and dispassionately, as I had read many accounts of possible placebo effect. 

Five 1ml syringes took 60 seconds to administer directly into my mouth. I did this with as little fanfare as possible, fully prepared for placebo. I already eat clean, mostly vegetarian, high fruit and vegetable, and a high antioxidant diet. I figured I wouldn't feel much of anything, since I'm a healthy individual. Within 2-3 minutes, I felt a "boost" as I was breaking down the box in which the product had been shipped. It felt similar to a nicotine hit, or like "coming up" in a step-wise fashion on some sort of stimulant. I was shocked. I immediately texted my real-time results to my bodybuilder client. I realized fully that my response could be placebo, but I wanted to offer someone my real-time experience. I lost all sense of sleepiness and desire for a nap. In fact, I felt alert. I wanted to describe that uplift/boost to someone. I noted that I could be imagining the boost and excited by a placebo. Fine. I raised my arm over my head. If felt like 90% of the swelling had been eliminated. That earlier achey irritation was entirely gone. The only sensation I felt as blockage of the range of motion with no true pain. I noted the temperature of the apartment was quite warm, and perhaps that had more to do with it than anything else.

I went to work, serviced one personal training session, and decided to do more rehab exercises with real weights (three hours post dose). I was pleased to find that I could press overhead, adduct my arm, and chest press. I successfully attempted ten or more targeted lifts. I lifted weights for 45 minutes and felt happy. I felt mildly high, like I'd smoked a bit of indica (which I do perhaps four times a year). I was impressed by how little my muscles burned, despite my deliberate attempts to make them burn under long eccentric and concentric contractions.

I was also nervous because I worried I would feel ruined the next morning if I didn't stop lifting. I decided to give the shoulders a break and move to hips and glutes. I did targeted lower body exercises with my heart rate 130-140 beats per minute for over ten minutes. I did not break a sweat, and I did not feel tired. If it was a placebo, it was incredibly effective. Though I did not feel achey in my shoulder as I usually so post-rehab, I decided not to break protocol and iced it just in case.

SEPTEMBER 29, 2017 - I did not wake up in agony. The agony never came. I dosed another 5ml of C60 at 1pm--21 hours after my first dose. I stood quietly for several minutes, "listening" for the boost. The boost did not come. I thought perhaps I felt an iota of a boost, but it was probably wishful thinking. Perhaps my body was still pleasantly affected by its prior dose, and the marginal impact was lessened. (This could be consistent with Fig. 1 in the Baati paper, describing blood concentrations of C60 vs. time). At any rate, my shoulder felt incredible, there was little swelling, and I felt good all over.

SEPTEMBER 30, 2017 - Still no agony. I managed a pushup off the edge of the sofa. I dosed 5ml of C60 at 4pm and ate a bowl of cereal. Then hit the gym. Only two days before, I was pressing just 10-20 lbs over my head with my injured arm. This day, I was chest pressing 50-60 lbs, and overhead pressing 30 lbs (pre-injury, I would probably be chest pressing 90 lbs and overhead pressing 50-60). Decline presses, which I had never yet attempted, felt off-limits. I learned I could hold my entire body weight (187lbs) in a Roman chair while doing leg lifts.

OCTOBER 1, 2017 -  Still no agony. Did 25 minutes of biceps and triceps lifting for the fun of it. The triceps required extreme overhead orientation of the humerus, which one would expect to be difficult due to the injury. While I could feel a small amount of residual swelling that ultimately limited my range of motion, there was no significant discomfort. I did several sets of 45-lb EZ-bar biceps curls, and more sets of alternating hammer curls with 20lb dumb bells with perfect form. While it was disconcerting to see the end of the collar bone jutting above my shoulder line, there was no pain. In fact, I have regained 100 percent of my biceps strength. Considering how ten days ago, I could not hold a dinner plate on my injured arm, this is exceptional.

CONCLUDING REMARKS: I genuinely look forward to my C60 dose, as one looks forward to a cup of coffee. It has been 17 days, or 2.4 weeks since my grade 3 AC separation and I consider myself to be at 75% of my original strength in most upper body exercises that directly affect the joint, and 90-95% of my original strength in other exercises that involve the arm but do not directly affect the joint. My range is not 100% pain free yet. I consider this to be an incredible recovery for an injury that usually requires 8-12 weeks for a full recovery. I can consider the following:

1) As a personal trainer in good physical condition to begin with, with good nutritional habits, and who was scrupulous about controlling for inflammation with ice and ibuprofen in the 7 days post-injury, it is natural that I would experience an accelerated recovery.

2) All of the above, plus a powerful placebo effect

3) All of #1 plus the aid of C60's potent antioxidant effect modulating the oxidative damage in my highly inflammed shoulder due to traumatic injury.

Because I am making such incredible progress, I see no reason to stop what I am doing. I am committed to finishing my 100ml bottle of C60. I then intend to abstain from taking C60 for an undetermined amount of time to see if I can detect any "withdrawal symptoms" from the product.

More updates to come.

• Informative x 4
  • Well Written x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2 thedarkbobo

• 153 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

Hi :)

Great to hear you feel benefits of using C60-00. Just be patient and don't over do as you are already aware - I also pushed myself more than I should on bike with this. 

I have taken a lot of this, around 1L+ starting around 2 years ago, having few months break till ~weak ago - waiting for the results of the ongoing mice research for there might be some increased cancer risk.

Thanks for reminding me about good old ibuprofen.

Cheers,

P

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

C60oo does seem to have "some" anecdotal effects in humans.

However,

No one has been able to replicate the Baati study.

A replication study in the Ukraine failed to show life extension.

Ichor has found possible cancerous effects (in mice) from poorly formulated C60oo.

More on Ichor's efforts here: http://www.longecity...s-c60-research/

#4 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

C60oo does seem to have "some" anecdotal effects in humans.

However,

No one has been able to replicate the Baati study.

A replication study in the Ukraine failed to show life extension.

Apparently they got the oil from Moussa. Do you know if this was from his original batch, or freshly prepared?

#5 demogirl06

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:25 PM

OPENING COMMENTS: My vendor is carbon60oliveoil.com, which topped the Ichor purity test and exceeded the concentrations used in the Baati study. I am roughly 86kg and am dosing only 5ml per day of 880ug/mloil. This dose is incredibly small compared to what rats received. If I am not mistaken, each rat is approximately half a kilo and was given 1 ml of 800ug/mloil. Off the top of my head, it looks like I'd have to chug 1.5 bottles of this stuff daily for an equivalent dose. 

REQUEST: Please someone link me to the Ukranian failed repeat of the Baati study.

OCTOBER 1, 2017: After finishing my first post, I dosed 5ml of C60 and went about my day. I also ate an embarrassing amount of food.

OCTOBER 2, 2017: Biceps were well sore from Sunday's heavy lift. Shoulder injury felt unaffected, though there was reasonable stiffness throughout my upper body (both sides) indicative of a solid lifting effort. I felt that the area was a little puffier from some swelling, and my upper back (where train hit me) was well aware of the workout. Heavy breathing pushed against this fluid. I DID NOT DOSE C60 on this day, feeling gross from yesterday's "embarrassing amount of food." I did not train on this day, deciding that a recovery was prudent.

OCTOBER 3, 2017: Biceps still sore (DOMS) from Sunday's heavy lift. Dosed 5ml at 8am. No indication that "residual C60 in my system, if any" improves my recovery time from heavy lifting. Trained kickboxing on this day an hour after my dose, but without punches. Kicks required fluid behind-the-back arm swings. Left arm felt restricted, though not due to pain. More like I was wearing a too-tight invisible jacket (of swelling). Over the course of the session, shoulder felt fine, upper back felt lightly irritated. By the end, the shoulder produced its characteristic ache that indicated it had had enough exercise. I iced the area immediately after the workout. I followed up with a 30 minute stair climb. No comments on performance--this is a new activity for me. After stair climb, took a long hot shower. Shoulder felt like a million bucks. I am quite sure that the improvement in my shoulder after my very first dose of C60 a few days ago was due to the temperature of the apartment and nothing more. Furthermore, I have been unable to feel any reproduction of the "boost" I initially experienced. Until this occurs again, I will assume placebo. On the positive side, I am able to bear my body weight on the shoulder in a single-arm "crab walk" position. I am also able to adduct so scratch the back of my right shoulder and now sleep on the affected side. All positive. As a negative, however, upper back still feels significantly affects and remains my primary concern.

• Informative x 3
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#6 markymark

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

Hello demogirl06,

first of all thanks for writing this detailed report. IMHO the surge in power output in the gym or during runnuing and cycling is not placebo. But please be cautious don't over do it. Tendons and joints do not catch up with the rapid muscular effect. Somebody coined "buckyball-induced superman syndrome" for this. There is no better word for it. In my case it was an annoying Achilles tendinitis, back 3 years ago and at the biceps tendons. I simply pushed it too much with chin ups  and on my 11,6 Km running routine in order to beat my personal best time on the ever same route I take. It took me six to nine months to recover and I am fine now with the tendon.

I wish good improovement with your injuries.

mm

#7 demogirl06

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

OCTOBER 5, 2017 - Relatively uneventful day. Took my dose but nothing to report. If I remember correctly, I was able to do a full push-up on this day, nose to the floor, from the toes. Definitely not more than one.

OCTOBER 6, 2017 - No dose. Worked a long day. 7am to 6pm, essentially. Stayed at the gym and did 90 minutes of slow methodical lifting for upper body and lower extremities. Light loads for alignment only. Went home, ate, and went to bed around midnight.

OCTOBER 7, 2017 - No dose. Did yoga in the morning. Was pleased that I could support my weight in all positions, though are careful with pushups and refrained from most of them. Went grocery shopping. Got home, ate lunch, and fell asleep for 2-3 hours. Surprised by how tired I was.

OCTOBER 8, 2017 - Due to two missed doses in a row, I decided to experiment on this day and take 15ml at once. I felt no effect from this. In fact, after I dosed, I ate a bowl of cereal and promptly fell asleep for three hours on the couch. I woke again at 6:30pm, decided to go the the gym for a 20 minute run and a short upper body lift to get things moving. I felt uninspired and low energy. Went to sleep at midnight and slept ten hours.

THOUGHTS: If anything, I feel sluggish. This probably has less to do with C60 and more to due with lack of activity in general. Long holiday weekend, home alone, and unable to engage in my high intensity jiu jitsu training for three weeks now. Body is claiming as much sleep as it can, apparently, in this unusual time of calm.

• Informative x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • like x 1

#8 ambivalent

• 744 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

Hi Demogirl,

Thanks for the excellent account of your c60 experience. Please don't be put off by the trolls they are the bane of longecity.

A couple of thoughts I'd heed Marks comments regarding risk of tendonitis, this has been particularly common with c60. Secondly I don't believe your initial buzz (or other benefits) is a placebo, I've experienced this several times after a c60-hiatus but it never lasts more than a day, I've generally not noticed a great deal of mental effects from c60oo (apart from high alcohol tolerance!).

Re sleep: Adamzski reports this in his log further down the page. Adamzski operates at extremes with respect to sleep deprivation and alcohol and finds that c60 causes him to crash heavily and sleep excessively. I noticed on a couple of occasions that when starting out I would awake feeling fresh after maybe 3 or 4 hours sleep, then sleep again a couple of hours later.

I would say though at your age especially it is unwise taking c60 at the moment - there is still much uncertainty and risk. At least avail yourself with Kelsey Moody's work (if you haven't already).     

A perhaps better experimental route is Turnbuckle's manipulating mitochondria thread in the aging theories forum. He is someone who has gained enormously from taking c60 (check his excellent bio) but claims his current mitochondrial fission/fusion protocol fares favourably against c60oo. You might also consider NR rather than N+R but getting involved in those threads is something of a tortured existence.

Thanks again, good luck and please keep updating, even if it is 'nothing to report'.   

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#9 demogirl06

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:52 AM

OCTOBER 10, 2017 - Took 5ml dose on this day, but cannot recall at what time of day. Regardless, this day was 3.5 weeks post injury, and I decided to return to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I was very anxious to do something other than my focused and controlled lifting and 10-20 minute bouts of elliptical, stairmaster, or treadmill. I figured I could drill with the other students and sit out the rolling. To my surprise, I was not only able complete 90% of the exercises in the warm-up, I was able to drill aggressively and also roll for four 6-minute rounds. The other students were very respectful of the shoulder injury, but did not scale back tremendously. In fact, they told me that they would never know I was injured excepting that I was less aggressive. Guarding an injured shoulder forced me to think more technically about my movements. Still, I found myself using the arm almost as though it were normal, pressing people off me, sometimes posting on it, and even absorbing a few impacts from sweeps and take-downs. At the end of the session, the shoulder was a bit swollen (like every other part of my body) and my breathing cut short, consequently, but I felt very good. I felt so good that I returned to work and ran 20 minutes on the treadmill and did some selected lifts.

OCTOBER 11, 2017 - I did not dose on this day. Knees were achey from BJJ the day before, which is normal, but that waned as the day progressed. I returned to BJJ training on this day and performed as well as I did the day before, perhaps with even more strenuous use of the arm. I don't normally train BJJ back-to-back on weekdays like this, but decided that I was feeling well enough all over to do so. Again, very pleased with this ability, and my instructor was surprised to see me back for a second day in a row.

OCTOBER 12, 2017 - I did not dose on this day.  I went to work and lifted weights for an hour, mostly focusing on posture lifting for upper back and rear delts, but also trained a few overhead presses, which are definitely stronger on the affected arm. After this, I returned for a THIRD consecutive day of BJJ and, despite feeling sure that I would suck from lack of food and also over-exertion, found that I was even better than ever. I am fairly amazed by my recovery period. I do ache after training sessions and the following morning, but the aching goes away by mid day and I feel fresh.

OCTOBER 13, 2017 - I worked all day and felt happy and energetic. I think much of this has to do with being active again. I returned home in the evening. At this time of day, on a Friday (end of a long physical week of personal training), I am normally quite tired--especially if I have trained BJJ twice that week. In fact, having trained BJJ three days this week on an affected arm and having run extra and done extra lifting, I felt phenomenal. I opted to laced up some shoes and run outdoors, but first I had to make up for my missed doses. I dosed approximately 13ml all at once and left the house. That's when something amazing happened. I ran my normal three mile route fluidly and with incredible energy. Aerobically I felt fantastic (despite the smokey Bay Area air due to recent fires in Napa), and the thing that limited me the most was the fatigue from my legs pounding the pavement, long unaccustomed to running since I stopped doing so practically a year ago. Given that I have not been running in any meaningful way for over a year, this speed was wonderful and I felt very fit. I would gladly have doubled up and taken an extra lap around the neighborhood, but decided not to be foolish because my joints will care the next day. I went to my apartment gym and lifted with some kind of enthusiasm I haven't felt in a long time. My energy was very similar to the first day I took C60, only I was feeling much less cautious and lifted with more gusto. I didn't want to stop. I did feel high. Writing this, I still feel high, and yet again feel that my experience of light in the room--from the lamps, from the TV is somehow altered. (I forgot to mention this effect from the first day I took C60). This high feels like the peak of that "boost" I felt, but a higher peak. The only difference is that whatever "boost" occurred, I was unable to perceive its onset because I was already in the middle of my run; my best description of it is finding the runner's high, only far too early in the run than is normal (for me, it's normally after 60 minutes). Now lying her on the sofa, laptop in lap as I write this, I feel like I'm on indica, but I'm not. The lighting in the room seems funny-- I little like when you've been outside in bright sun and then go indoors and everything is hard to see. I feel incredible and at ease.

CONCLUDING REMARKS: Just when I was ready to write off C60 as placebo, I had a four-day streak of incredible performance and feeling in my body during exercise, what feels like more rapid recoveries, and a general feeling of euphoria. I want the readers of this report to know that I never work out four days in a row, usually due to fatigue and aching knees and other uncomfortable excuses that deter people from activity--even fitness trainers. That said, I feel enthusiasm for exercise and training that I haven't had for a long time, and I am bouncing back from a grade 3 AC separation faster than anyone could have imagined. In order to maintain a sense of critical balance, I will say two more things. First, my new enthusiasm for exercise might be an artifact of having lost the option and feeling thrilled to be able to participate again. Second, I have no basis for comparison on how quickly a grade 3 AC sprain should heal, other than the internet which informs 8-12 weeks before pain free range of motion. The closest thing I have is my grade 3 ankle sprain when I was in high school. It was awful and took forever to heal, and I felt pain in that ankle for nearly two years. I have no explanation for the "high" that I have now felt twice on C60.

• Well Written x 3
  • Informative x 1

#10 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

Great writing, I like your careful attention to detail and body awareness.

When you write:

...While on my bicycle, I made a reckless left turn and was hit by a light rail train. I suffered a left-side grade 3 shoulder separation from a posterior impact. This means that two separate ligaments, the AC and the CC ligaments responsible for holding my collar bone in place probably ruptured completely and now the distal end of my collar bone juts up abnormally about 2cm...."

How does the shoulder look now, as far as the collar bone jutting position? Do you think those ligaments holding the bone in place have repaired? Any future plans for more X-rays now, post-injury?

When I read your reports, my instinct response is oh, C60 must be relieving inflammation, maybe it's interrupting pain, so it'd be cool to see what ligament changes have occurred.

What's your overall take on your seemingly quick recovery? I like your hesitancy in firmly attributing it to C60. I'm similar -- I've got some injuries, when I take C60, they go away. "Go away" meaning the pain diminishes. But I'm not sure always about the function of pain, just in general, I mean, if it's there to promote healing and to discourage re injury, then do I want pain reduction too quickly? Pain motivates to stop doing what hurts, so for my body, which gets a lot of ballet and contortion activity, injuring myself and then losing the pain is a double edged sword: I'm glad the pain is gone, but then worry maybe I've not given my body enough time to heal.

#11 robert girga

• 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:45 AM

It would be nice if the OP would post more imaging so we have some before- and after-recovery comparison material.

#12 demogirl06

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:35 AM

OCTOBER 14, 2017 - Went to yoga. Wonderful session. Came home and felt sleepy. I amattributing the majority of this fatigue to menstrual cramps, and perhaps a desire to wind down from the week's exercise. I did not dose on this day because I figured I would fall asleep on the couch again. So I saved it. Spent the whole rest of the day on the couch, eating and watching TV. Much needed. Went to bed before midnight and slept 12 hours. This amount of sleeping reminds me of the weekend before. Is C60 making me sleep?

OCTOBER 15, 2017- Woke up from that 12 hours of sleep feeling motivated. Did not feel sore from my run or any activities at all. That was nice. I took 10ml of C60, drank some yerba mate, and went out to run my 3 mile loop, cleaned house for 3 hours, and decided to repeat that 3-mile loop again. This is the most running I've done in a year or more. I did not feel super swift as I did on Friday night, but I did run both loops at the same speed, which was about 30 seconds slower than Friday's speed. Not bad.

OTHER REMARKS: People leaving comments are interested in before and after pics regarding my injury. I would like to clarify what a grade 3 shoulder separation is:

grade3_acrosep.gif

This is a complete rupture of AC and CC ligaments. These ligaments will not use any kind of Spidey Sense to find each other and stitch back together. My shoulder looks just like the day I injured it, though a little puffier. The second image is when I depress the shoulder with internal rotation, to emphasize bump. 

Attached File  IMG_20171015_220238756.jpg   242.88KB   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20171015_220244078.jpg   250.48KB   2 downloads

In response the questions about C60 and pain, I'll say that I have not noticed any pain-killing effects. I do feel pain. The shoulder keeps me very honest. When I feel less of, however, is fatigue. 

If I had to describe C60 while forcibly excluding possibility of placebo, I would say this:

-Sometimes feel high. Happy. Light. This is accompanied by change in my perception of light.

-Periodically makes me sleep like I've just come home from college.

-Perhaps decreases my recovery time (that, however, could be modulated by the sleep).

Edited by demogirl06, 16 October 2017 - 05:37 AM.

• Informative x 2

#13 robert girga

• 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:54 PM

Thank you for the clarification.  Not all of us are professional trainers and hip to the jargon currently used in orthopedics and physical therapy.

While the forum is dedicated to longevity, there is something to be said for increasing the QUALITY of life, even if the purpose of the forum is increasing the QUANTITY of it.

Best wishes for your recovery, especially if you should be able to obtain surgical repair - there are some amazing things done with stem cells and surgical adhesives these days.

#14 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

Can they not reattach the shoulder with surgery?

#15 demogirl06

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

Since my last update, I was able to take a final 10ml dose, finishing my first bottle. I did this in the morning, with tea, and felt fantastic all day. I do suspect strong placebo effect here. Simply knowing that I have taken C60 makes me feel almost immediately more energetic. I wonder if the onset of this feeling is too immediate. 

I ordered another bottle of C60, this time from a different distributor, Live Longer Labs, in order to compare effects. While waiting for the shipment to arrive, I did not take C60. I continued my BJJ training as usual, and my shoulder has been steadily improving. I would argue that it has been improving at the same rate, regardless of the presence of C60 in my life. The only difference I think I suspect in my performance is that things ache less on C60 days: low back, knees, and shoulder.

OCTOBER 26, 2017 - New bottle of C60 arrived. I took approximately 10ml on this day, about 2 hours before my BJJ training. Though this was to be my third consecutive day of BJJ training (as I have done the prior two weeks, T, W, Th training days) I planned to attend back-to-back classes in no gi and gi training. No gi is a much faster, more slippery, and sweaty experience; something I had intentionally avoided due to risk to the shoulder; for those curious about what this sport is, see: ). Each class is 90 minutes. I was excited to attend training, and felt that similar euphoric boost after dosing C60.

I warmed up for training with great energy, and performed to the best of my ability against opponents substantially heavier and stronger than myself, despite the weak shoulder. The shoulder has never been my chief complaint, however. My upper back, where the train struck me, has always been more bothersome, and this area of the injury gets upset from pressure when opponents hold my back to the mat. It is difficult to pinpoint complete recovery of the shoulder. I can generally move it in all directions without pain. Some days all muscle fibers seem to recruit, other days it feels like 80% of them are offline--perhaps due to general fatigue. In short, I would argue that my shoulder is 95% recovered---just weak from lack of use. The injury occurred on September 14th. It has been 6 weeks. Still, that final 5% of healing may take me another 4 weeks to resolve, thereby landing me firmly within the realm of normal recovery times  (8-12 weeks), and not with some impressive C60-driven recovery. Or perhaps C60 is the reason I am able to train as intensely as I have, so soon, but modulating inflammation but not accelerating tissue healing. That said, literally everyone is astonished by how quickly I came back from injury.

Anyhoo, I felt my energy waning during the no gi session, but continued to train as well and as safely as possible. When the session ended, I ate 200 calories of gatorade gummies, filled up my water bottle, and changed into my gi in anticipation of the next class. At this point, I felt awful. Everything ached. I felt like I hadn't even enough strength to push my arm through the sleeve of my gi. I have never felt this way on a C60 day; I had never felt this way generally from training. I felt very emotional; almost panicky, and staved off tears. I thought perhaps the prior 90 minutes of sustained effort against larger opponents made me feel helpless, and that I was suffering an adrenaline dump. Whatever it was, it was frustrating and embarrassing, and while people inquired about my injury status and my well-being in general, I stubbornly remained in the class and rolled to the best of my ability in the gi class, unable to properly attack, but still working my defenses. 

After the second class, I was a wreck. I wearily biked to the train that would take me home. I thought miserably about how emotional I'd been during training, how it was some of the worst training I'd had in recent history, and how mortal I was. All of a sudden, my stomach dropped. I felt a wave of nausea overtake me. I figured it was because I was underfed. When I got home, I was not hungry. Everything ached even more. I managed to shower and hit the couch with some food. Eating was unpleasant and required great effort. My head pounded. I went to bed an hour later.

Shortly after going to bed, I woke up nauseous again. I spent the next 2 hours vomiting and dealing with body aches. I missed the following day of work (yesterday). I was a 24 hour bug of some kind, no doubt. I felt somewhat relieved that my garbage performance in my sport was in fact due to the approach of illness unknown at that time. However, given that the onset of the nausea coincided with the day I dosed from my new bottle of C60, readers can understand my reluctance to continue dosing C60 for a while.

• Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#16 Benko

• 221 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:05 PM

Can they not reattach the shoulder with surgery?

Unless things have changed since I trained and rotated through ortho, the feeling was that these abnormalities are mostly cosmetic and so don't merit surgery. 

#17 Randynaz

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

Since my last update, I was able to take a final 10ml dose, finishing my first bottle. I did this in the morning, with tea, and felt fantastic all day. I do suspect strong placebo effect here. Simply knowing that I have taken C60 makes me feel almost immediately more energetic. I wonder if the onset of this feeling is too immediate.

I ordered another bottle of C60, this time from a different distributor, Live Longer Labs, in order to compare effects. While waiting for the shipment to arrive, I did not take C60. I continued my BJJ training as usual, and my shoulder has been steadily improving. I would argue that it has been improving at the same rate, regardless of the presence of C60 in my life. The only difference I think I suspect in my performance is that things ache less on C60 days: low back, knees, and shoulder.

OCTOBER 26, 2017 - New bottle of C60 arrived. I took approximately 10ml on this day, about 2 hours before my BJJ training. Though this was to be my third consecutive day of BJJ training (as I have done the prior two weeks, T, W, Th training days) I planned to attend back-to-back classes in no gi and gi training. No gi is a much faster, more slippery, and sweaty experience; something I had intentionally avoided due to risk to the shoulder; for those curious about what this sport is, see: https://www.youtube....h?v=8wUX91voGyM). Each class is 90 minutes. I was excited to attend training, and felt that similar euphoric boost after dosing C60.

I warmed up for training with great energy, and performed to the best of my ability against opponents substantially heavier and stronger than myself, despite the weak shoulder. The shoulder has never been my chief complaint, however. My upper back, where the train struck me, has always been more bothersome, and this area of the injury gets upset from pressure when opponents hold my back to the mat. It is difficult to pinpoint complete recovery of the shoulder. I can generally move it in all directions without pain. Some days all muscle fibers seem to recruit, other days it feels like 80% of them are offline--perhaps due to general fatigue. In short, I would argue that my shoulder is 95% recovered---just weak from lack of use. The injury occurred on September 14th. It has been 6 weeks. Still, that final 5% of healing may take me another 4 weeks to resolve, thereby landing me firmly within the realm of normal recovery times (8-12 weeks), and not with some impressive C60-driven recovery. Or perhaps C60 is the reason I am able to train as intensely as I have, so soon, but modulating inflammation but not accelerating tissue healing. That said, literally everyone is astonished by how quickly I came back from injury.

Anyhoo, I felt my energy waning during the no gi session, but continued to train as well and as safely as possible. When the session ended, I ate 200 calories of gatorade gummies, filled up my water bottle, and changed into my gi in anticipation of the next class. At this point, I felt awful. Everything ached. I felt like I hadn't even enough strength to push my arm through the sleeve of my gi. I have never felt this way on a C60 day; I had never felt this way generally from training. I felt very emotional; almost panicky, and staved off tears. I thought perhaps the prior 90 minutes of sustained effort against larger opponents made me feel helpless, and that I was suffering an adrenaline dump. Whatever it was, it was frustrating and embarrassing, and while people inquired about my injury status and my well-being in general, I stubbornly remained in the class and rolled to the best of my ability in the gi class, unable to properly attack, but still working my defenses.

After the second class, I was a wreck. I wearily biked to the train that would take me home. I thought miserably about how emotional I'd been during training, how it was some of the worst training I'd had in recent history, and how mortal I was. All of a sudden, my stomach dropped. I felt a wave of nausea overtake me. I figured it was because I was underfed. When I got home, I was not hungry. Everything ached even more. I managed to shower and hit the couch with some food. Eating was unpleasant and required great effort. My head pounded. I went to bed an hour later.

Shortly after going to bed, I woke up nauseous again. I spent the next 2 hours vomiting and dealing with body aches. I missed the following day of work (yesterday). I was a 24 hour bug of some kind, no doubt. I felt somewhat relieved that my garbage performance in my sport was in fact due to the approach of illness unknown at that time. However, given that the onset of the nausea coincided with the day I dosed from my new bottle of C60, readers can understand my reluctance to continue dosing C60 for a while.

That is how I felt the first time I took C60, took a dose at night then one in the morning, totaling 5ml and by 6 that evening had a headache, threw up later that night. I was in bed bed by 8 slept till 11 or so then up till 4 am lying in my tub. Lol... but I finished the 120ml bottle the rest if that next week and nothing else like that happened.
  • Informative x 1

#18 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

After reading the OP I can only think of the decline of Western civilization. Save us, G-d!

• Unfriendly x 1

#19 demogirl06

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:10 AM

Update for December!

As readers of this entire thread know, I had an incident that I associated with C60, though it was probably actually Norovirus. That illness coincided with my first dose from a new bottle of C60 from LiveLongerLabs. After I recovered (5 miserable days later), I took another 10ml dose of the C60. That afternoon, my guts felt a bit sqeamish. I did not want to attribute it to the C60, but I swear... every time I dosed from that bottle, I either felt someone nauseated, or nearly gagged. The flavor of that product--despite being olive oil--is more bitter and unpleasant. Wort tasting oil. Despite the terrible flavor and the mixed feelings from my stomach, I did have good performances on days that I dosed. That much feels undeniable at this point.

I had an important interview in November and I didn't want to rock my own boat in any way, so I stopped using C60 for about 10 days to get through that interview. Please to say that it went well, and I was reluctant to finish the bottle when it was all over because it tasted so nasty-- and I finally received my newest bottle from Carbon60OliveOil.com. I decided to commit to finished the LiveLongerLabs product. On days that I took it, there were decent performances. On the whole, though, because I took it so sparingly, I was feeling dispassionate. Generally. I was not excited to train. I felt moderately achey, but not too bad. Could this have been associated with a low C60 amount in my body?

Well today I cracked open the new bottle of Carbon60OliveOil product. It was delicious and felt right! Within an hour or so I felt quite energetic and decided to do back to back BJJ classes. Had a stellar performance, and feel animated and happy. Arthritic knee didn't bug me at all.

Also, I'm pleased to announce that I consider myself fully recovered from the separated shoulder. I can't say that I healed FASTER on C60. But I do think I was able to train in ways most people could not, recovering from such an injury. There were days on C60 when I was quite unafraid to use the shoulder, and it didn't seem to tire out.

I'll be dosing regularly from this new bottle and plan to order a 10-bottle shipment to see if I can get to a "saturated state." That would mean consumption of several bottles in a short amount of time, and then taping to a maintenance dose. I don't have actual data to describe how much I -- a 185 pound person -- would need to consume to reach this state. My approach is to copy anecdotes of others.

• Informative x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: carbon 60, c60, buckeyballs, lifespan, antioxidants, c60oo, carbon60oliveoil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users