• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best way to reset hpa axis - mifepristone source?

mifepristone hpa

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Vimy

• 14 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:14 PM

Several years ago, I messed up my hpa axis by using hydrocortisone. Turns out I have chronic lyme disease and the hydrocortisone made things worse.

Currently, my cortisol blood values are normal but I can't exercise anymore without feeling really sick two days later. In fact, walking long distances (like visiting a museum or new city) have the same effect. I also scare very easily and get a funny feeling when I see blood or someone getting an injection with a needle. This all started one month after taking the hydrocortisone. It has a pretty big impact on my life.

ACTH stimulation test came back normal. I did feel much better, almost normal, after the acth injection though. So it's not a problem with my adrenals itself.
Probably a distorted hpa axis.

I'm looking to reset it. Mifepristone looks like something I wanna try.

What would be a safe source to buy Mifepristone in Europe?
Maybe countries where abortion pills are without a prescription?

I've been told another possible solution could be Rehmannia Six.
But apparently, most TCM supplements have lead in them. That doesn't inspire much confidence...
Not sure which brand Rehmannia Six would be safe.

#2 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

I'd probably try to get it from a supplier in India, have it synthesized by a Chinese supplier on alibaba, or find some kind of family planning online healthcare provider that would give you the pills w/ no questions asked.  Either way, make sure you have the correct dosage, make sure you get the product checked and authenticated for purity, and be wary of the risks involved.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:09 PM

Keep us updated on this.

#4 ISayLonger

• 25 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

Anyone ever find a good source?

#5 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:51 AM

Just tried 300mg of Mifepristone as a test to see if anti glucocorticoids treatment would help with my GAD and chronic stress. Wow, what a game changer. After an hour I felt as relaxed as late at night (when cortisol is supposed to drop). No other supplement or drug had such an effect and I tried lots. EGCG and phosphatidylserine come close to it by being able to reduce cortisol with different mechanisms of action. I bought 10 grams sample (that would last for a month considering the daily dosage is 300mg) from an Alibaba supplier for 60USD (30+30 shipping). They also included a 10gram sample of Nicotinamide Riboside free of charge upon my additional request when quoted for Mifep. Please page me if interested in knowing the supplier name. I asked many quotation and this one was the cheapest... If you think you suffer from chronic stress and this might be the cause for your anxiety and/or depression I would give it a try. Please note that Mifep is primarly used for abortion so it is not recommended for pregnant women at all. Just in case ...

Edited by world33, 28 March 2018 - 01:54 AM.

#6 Fuluf

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

Just tried 300mg of Mifepristone as a test to see if anti glucocorticoids treatment would help with my GAD and chronic stress. Wow, what a game changer. After an hour I felt as relaxed as late at night (when cortisol is supposed to drop). No other supplement or drug had such an effect and I tried lots. EGCG and phosphatidylserine come close to it by being able to reduce cortisol with different mechanisms of action. I bought 10 grams sample (that would last for a month considering the daily dosage is 300mg) from an Alibaba supplier for 60USD (30+30 shipping). They also included a 10gram sample of Nicotinamide Riboside free of charge upon my additional request when quoted for Mifep. Please page me if interested in knowing the supplier name. I asked many quotation and this one was the cheapest... If you think you suffer from chronic stress and this might be the cause for your anxiety and/or depression I would give it a try. Please note that Mifep is primarly used for abortion so it is not recommended for pregnant women at all. Just in case ...

How are you doing now? Any lasting changes? I'm really interested in mifepristone as a way of permanently "resetting" hpa axis by increasing GR expression.
What regimen have you chosen?

Thanks!

#7 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:43 PM

How are you doing now? Any lasting changes? I'm really interested in mifepristone as a way of permanently "resetting" hpa axis by increasing GR expression.
What regimen have you chosen?

Thanks!

Interested too about the long-term effects.

Just tried 300mg of Mifepristone as a test to see if anti glucocorticoids treatment would help with my GAD and chronic stress. Wow, what a game changer. After an hour I felt as relaxed as late at night (when cortisol is supposed to drop). No other supplement or drug had such an effect and I tried lots.

For example a Magnsium Sulfate IV for me has the same effect. The interesting question is rather any long-term effects remaining / or negative-sides.

#8 Fuluf

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

Just tried 300mg of Mifepristone as a test to see if anti glucocorticoids treatment would help with my GAD and chronic stress. Wow, what a game changer. After an hour I felt as relaxed as late at night (when cortisol is supposed to drop). No other supplement or drug had such an effect and I tried lots. EGCG and phosphatidylserine come close to it by being able to reduce cortisol with different mechanisms of action. I bought 10 grams sample (that would last for a month considering the daily dosage is 300mg) from an Alibaba supplier for 60USD (30+30 shipping). They also included a 10gram sample of ...

Also wanted to ask whether you take some meds alongside? I saw you posted somewhere about being on lexapro some time ago. I'm also taking it and interested in some possible interactions.

#9 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:45 PM

Also wanted to ask whether you take some meds alongside? I saw you posted somewhere about being on lexapro some time ago. I'm also taking it and interested in some possible interactions.

Lexapro 20mg. No interaction at all. Since I started taking Mife 300mg in the morning I actually feel that if I miss one day of lexapro it is not the end of the world. Before I would feel very tired and sluggish. However one day is too short to assess whether Mife might reduce the SSRI withdrawal effects, especially considering the lexapro relatively long half-life.
The first week I was taking Mife I could feel a slight increase of edginess/nervous tension in my neck but at the same time I did not feel the need to go back to sleep after a couple of hours waking up in the morning. Daytime sleepiness has always been one of my issues.
After the first week, however, I do not feel any side effects after taking Mife in the morning and daytime sleepiness and that constant feel of edginess/stress in the morning is gone. I feel almost like I feel late at night when my anxiety/stress vanishes.
Once I tried 600mg but my nervous tension was a bit too high and considering I have a supply for a month at 300mg a day I decide not to keep it up. Before trying with Mife I also tried for a month low dose naltrexone (around 2/3 mg instead of 4.5mg at night) in order to increase beta endorphins which have strong counter effect on stress. For now, with the combination of the two regimens, I feel like I have not felt for a long time. I just hope when I finish my Mife supply in a couple of weeks I do not slowly go back to square one and it has produced long lasting effects.
Long term side effects of Mife can only be assessed by people suffering from Cushing syndrome and using Mife as their main treatment. So I am not sure what they could be. Being Mife a progesterone antagonist I guess any side effect could come from reduced progesterone levels. After two weeks I cannot notice any issue. I just know that it is reccommended to supply potassium to counteract Hypokalemia when using Mife. That is what I am doing.
If you suffer from depression or Generalized Anxiety Disorder due to stress and possibly high cortisol levels I guess Mife and LDN regimens could be an avenue to explore.

These are two interesting article I found on the subject of CRH which is the first step (then ACHT, then cortisol) in the production of cortisol:

On the role of corticotropin-releasing hormone receptors in anxiety and depression
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3181666/

The CRF System as a Therapeutic Target for Neuropsychiatric Disorders
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5121012/

Through some research I found the following supplements could help to reduce CRH, ACHT and cortisol:

Step 1) Reduce CRH
- Quercetin
Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/20447436
- Antalarmin
Source: https://en.wikipedia...mone_antagonist
Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC1315297/
- Pexacerfont
Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4367465/

Step 2) Reduce ACHT
- Mirtazapine
Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/18926641

Step 3) Reduce Cortisol
HSD11B1 inhibitors:

- Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG, green tea extract)
Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/24404164
Quote: "Consequently, major polyphenolic compounds from green tea, in particular catechins were tested with the same systems. (-)-Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) revealed the highest inhibition of 11ß-HSD1 activity (reduction: IC50?=?57.99 µM; oxidation: IC50?=?131.2 µM)"

- Phosphatidylserine

Personally I had a great response to both supplements. However phosphatidylserine dosage must be much higher than the average supplements on the market. At least 300mg but even better 600mg and up to 1000mg per day. Being Phospha being very expensive Alibaba is a way to explore.

Edited by world33, 10 April 2018 - 12:01 AM.

• Informative x 2

#10 Fuluf

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:41 AM

Lexapro 20mg. No interaction at all. Since I started taking Mife 300mg in the morning I actually feel that if I miss one day of lexapro it is not the end of the world. Before I would feel very tired and sluggish. However one day is too short to assess whether Mife might reduce the SSRI withdrawal effects, especially considering the lexapro relatively long half-life.
The first week I was taking Mife I could feel a slight increase of edginess/nervous tension in my neck but at the same time I did not feel the need to go back to sleep after a couple of hours waking up in the morning. Daytime sleepiness has always been one of my issues.
After the first week, however, I do not feel any side effects after taking Mife in the morning and daytime sleepiness and that constant feel of edginess/stress in the morning is gone. I feel almost like I feel late at night when my anxiety/stress vanishes.
Once I tried 600mg but my nervous tension was a bit too high and considering I have a supply for a month at 300mg a day I decide not to keep it up. Before trying with Mife I also tried for a month low dose naltrexone (around 2/3 mg instead of 4.5mg at night) in order to increase beta endorphins which have strong counter effect on stress. For now, with the combination of the two regimens, I feel like I have not felt for a long time. I just hope when I finish my Mife supply in a couple of weeks I do not slowly go back to square one and it has produced long lasting effects.
Long term side effects of Mife can only be assessed by people suffering from Cushing syndrome and using Mife as their main treatment. So I am not sure what they could be. Being Mife a progesterone antagonist I guess any side effect could come from reduced progesterone levels. After two weeks I cannot notice any issue. I just know that it is reccommended to supply potassium to counteract Hypokalemia when using Mife. That is what I am doing.
If you suffer from depression or Generalized Anxiety Disorder due to stress and possibly high cortisol levels I guess Mife and LDN regimens could be an avenue to explore.

These are two interesting article I found on the subject of CRH which is the first step (then ACHT, then cortisol) in the production of cortisol:

On the role of corticotropin-releasing hormone receptors in anxiety and depression
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3181666/

The CRF System as a Therapeutic Target for Neuropsychiatric Disorders
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5121012/

Through some research I found the following supplements could help to reduce CRH, ACHT and cortisol:

Step 1) Reduce CRH
- Quercetin
Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/20447436
- Antalarmin
Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC1315297/
- Pexacerfont
Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4367465/

Step 2) Reduce ACHT
- Mirtazapine
Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/18926641

Step 3) Reduce Cortisol
HSD11B1 inhibitors:

- Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG, green tea extract)
Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/24404164
Quote: "Consequently, major polyphenolic compounds from green tea, in particular catechins were tested with the same systems. (-)-Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) revealed the highest inhibition of 11ß-HSD1 activity (reduction: IC50?=?57.99 µM; oxidation: IC50?=?131.2 µM)"

- Phosphatidylserine

Personally I had a great response to both supplements. However phosphatidylserine dosage must be much higher than the average supplements on the market. At least 300mg but even better 600mg and up to 1000mg per day. Being Phospha being very expensive Alibaba is a way to explore.

Thanks for the info! I suppose the main benefits start after the course of mifepristone as during dosing it activates hpa axis, elevates basal cortisol and acth. After stopping you get upregulated GR, and your cortisol now can efficiently lower CRH - that's how I think it works after doing some research.
Please let me know how you feel after stopping it.
Also if you don't mind can you please tell what are your main symptoms that can be attributed to HPA axis? Do you have some sort of exercise intolerance/sensitivity? Have you checked your saliva cortisol?
Thanks!

#11 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for the info! I suppose the main benefits start after the course of mifepristone as during dosing it activates hpa axis, elevates basal cortisol and acth. After stopping you get upregulated GR, and your cortisol now can efficiently lower CRH - that's how I think it works after doing some research.
Also if you don't mind can you please tell what are your main symptoms that can be attributed to HPA axis? Do you have some sort of exercise intolerance/sensitivity? Have you checked your saliva cortisol?
Thanks!

As far as I know it antagonizes the cortisol effects, that is why it used by Cushing's syndrome sufferers even if their cortisol levels are already high.
My cortisol levels are at the right upper limit in the morning through blood testing. Chronic stress, generalized anxiety disorder, memory loss, low threshold for stress tolerance, fatigue, low physical endurance are my main symptoms. I am not sure whether I have to wait for the end of the course to see the effects of Mife but I just know that I feel much better since taking it and much less stressed. I will report on how I feel after a couple of weeks I finish the course. Hopefully it will have long lasting effects.

#12 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:41 AM

Thanks!

As far as I know it antagonizes the cortisol effects, that is why it used by Cushing's syndrome sufferers even if their cortisol levels are already high.
My cortisol levels are at the right upper limit in the morning through blood testing. Chronic stress, generalized anxiety disorder, memory loss, low threshold for stress tolerance, fatigue, low physical endurance are my main symptoms. I am not sure whether I have to wait for the end of the course to see the effects of Mife but I just know that I feel much better since taking it and much less stressed. I will report on how I feel after a couple of weeks I finish the course. Hopefully it will have long lasting effects.

#13 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:35 PM

Would you guys mind sharing your source of Mifepristone?

Please IM if you don't want to put it out in the thread.

#14 Fuluf

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:40 PM

Hello! How are you now? Any further succes with mifepristone? You probably already done with your cycle. I tried it just couple hours ago, feel some "slowing down", no more than from 400mg magnesium biglycinate (if not placebo at all).

Can you please share the name of the Alibaba guy you ordered from, probably PM if it's an issue, may be my source was not reliable (bought it in pharmacy but not sure about the quality in my country). 

Thanks!

#15 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:39 PM

Would also be interested in effects after stopping the mifepristone.

Bobinsana plus kambo helped me reestablish the HPA-axis.

#16 atmanj

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I can supply Mifepristone any quantity, please let me know if you need, 95% purity, can compound at any dosage, please do not forget to test your potassium levels and take extra potassium supplements during your treatment. Would not recommend more than t days, and only for Cushings take 1200 mg. 75 USD for 10 grams plus postage.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#17 FitnessMike

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:34 PM

can you please share source with us for mifepristone?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mifepristone, hpa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users