- - - - -

Help for dealing w. NAMPT SNPs, please!

nampt nad+ visfatin resveratrol rs1319501 rs9770242

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ukko

• 190 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:28 PM

Ok, so here we go. Been using various 23andme.com based health apps for a long, long time. Yet first now happened to glance at the most important NAMPT/Visfatin polymorphisms, namely: rs1319501 and rs9770242. And as luck would have it, have both SNPs and am in fact homozygous for both. Ouchie,ou ou !!! Don't know why I never looked into that before. Well, now I did.

I really have a healthy appreciation for NAMPT. Not least because of its impact on overall health and life-span.

I remember vividly how some 25 years ago, I was running like the same 10km route almost every day for a year. With some rest of course in between. Made very little progress once I plateaued at a good, solid level in terms of the time it took. Then once, a few years later when I no longer ran that much, I had a day when I first swam 2km, then roller skated 20km and then thought, what the heck, let's do the old 10km route. And I ran it like 8 minutes faster than ever, even including the year when I ran it almost every day. Seemed impossible. I was very, very confused. And then I could only explain it by the complete B vitamin pill I had exceptionally taken. I was not so into supplements back then. Somehow, I suspected it was the niacin that did it. It had a lot of free form niacin, not nicotinamide. Now, I may have validation in terms of my genes. I really may need extra niacin and help with NAMPT.

So, yes, it does look like I suck at converting used NAD+ i.e. nicotinamide back to NAD+. This must have massive implications for really everything, even including the Krebs cycle, which is totally dependent on NAD+/NADH.

NAMPT goes down with age and excess weight. Not like I am any younger or thinner than I used to be.

Also, as a bonus homozygous rs1319501 has like a 4% occurence rate and rs9770242 has like a 2% occurence rate. So does not look I won the lottery on NAMPT gene. If those two SNPs were independent of each other, then the likelihood of my situation would be 4% * 2 % being 0,08%. So like one in a thousandish. Then again, it is said that rs1319501 (4%) correlates perfectly with rs9770242 (2%), so maybe it is more like 2% or 1/50 instead.

Still, needs to be addressed. But WHAT do about it? Need your help.

I know the following:

1) probably better to load niacin rather than niacinamide so that it atleast revs some before being in the poorly functioning nicotinamide situation

2) many of you will say that take NR aka Niagen. And, yes I have. It is pricey, but maybe I really have to. It seemed helpful. No wonder.

3) resveratrol seems to boost NAMPT either directly or through AMPK. At a minimum, it correlates. So, take a lot of resveratrol with fat and quercetine for higher bioavailability. Those I do have, let's do it; and

4) explore other stuff like phenylephrine that seems to boost NAMPT in at least some contexts. Have that too, as it is a common flu medicine. Maybe I will try it daily for a while. See what happens.

Exercise, yes, I know. Will try my best. CR/carb restriction, yes I know, will try my best. Limit alcohol, yes I know, I will try my best and maybe toy around with caffeine + serine when I "have to drink".

But surely people there most be other things to do ... and I mean short of crazy impossible to access experimental drugs.

So, please help me out, what else can be done to boost NAMPT?

Br, Ukko

Edited by Ukko, 12 November 2017 - 04:32 PM.

• like x 1

#2 Ukko

• Topic Starter
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:57 PM

And of course, H2S as I seem to have already known :) But there must be more.

http://www.longecity...d-nmnnadsirt-1/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 recon

• 192 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:07 PM

Pterostilbene may help since it’s a more powerful stilbenoid cousin of resveratrol with better bioavailability and longer half life.

I’ve made a thread to find things that keep NAMPT upregulated even in the face of an accumulation of NAD+ but it’s quite empty for now.

#4 Ukko

• Topic Starter
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

Care to provide a link to that thread? Seems like you mentioned Lithium Ororate in some context mentioning NAMPT. Thanks!

#5 Ukko

• Topic Starter
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:33 PM

Found another herb to boost NAMPT. The legendary adaptogen Rhodiola Rosea. Have kilograms of it. Just put it back on my regimen.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5547954/

• Informative x 1

#6 Ukko

• Topic Starter
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

Finding more interesting potential avenues to boost NAMPT. Forskolin, which I have used and like a lot. Sauna and heat shock factors. Have my own sauna already, nice to know that it helps. AICAR or AICA ribonucleotide which is not the same as acetyl carnitine (ALCAR). Have seen AICAR mentioned over the years quite a bit. Also ATR1 or Angiotensin Receptor 1 blockers like Telmisartan.

Yup, alternative approaches seem to exist.

Edited by Ukko, 12 November 2017 - 08:04 PM.

#7 Ukko

• Topic Starter
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:58 AM

Leucine also. https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3517633/ I already knew that the body uses leucine levels as the classic energy sensor.

So now we have the following as supporting NAMPT.

1) exercise

2) calorie/carb restriction

3) being lean (and young)

4) phenylephrine

5) forskolin

6) AICAR (not ALCAR)

7) resveratrol

6) rhodiola rosea

7) leucine

8) angiotensin receptor I blockers such as Telmisartan

9) H2S aka sulphur in gaseous form

10) lithium ororate

and limiting alcohol intake.

• Good Point x 1

#8 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

I’d amend exercise to be HIIT, as that is more effective at boosting AMPK/NAMPT

others you might want to look into for activating AMPK:

EGCG (green tea extract)

Berberine

CGA Chlorogenic Acid

gynostemma

Curcuman

melatonin

silibinin (milk thistle)

cinammon

• unsure x 1

#9 Ukko

• Topic Starter
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:28 PM

I’d amend exercise to be HIIT, as that is more effective at boosting AMPK/NAMPT

others you might want to look into for activating AMPK:

EGCG (green tea extract)

Berberine

CGA Chlorogenic Acid

gynostemma

Curcuman

melatonin

silibinin (milk thistle)

cinammon

Thanks for your reply. Yup, now I remember the connection between AMPK and NAMPT. Not the most straight forward thing, but thanks a lot. My old list of AMPK boosters is: lipoic acid, EGCG, luteolin, gynostemma, guercetin, glucosamine, resveratrol, rhodiola. All of which I have. Gynostemma is hard to replenish though. Melaton, berberine, milk thistle, curcumin and cinnamon I have also. Like them, though Berberine just tastes plain foul. Horrible. Also a little hesitant with milk thistle and berberine raising prolactin. But berberine is great for metabolism and milk thistle for the liver. No doubt. Chlorogenic acid is in coffee, if my memory serves me well..

Anyhow, a big thanks.

#10 hjh

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:53 PM

I have the same two polymorhisms rs1319501 and 9770242 that reduces NAMPT, which might be a cause of various health issues that I have had over the last 7 years. Have you had any progress with your supplements and have you tried nicotinamide riboside?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:27 AM

I have the same two polymorhisms rs1319501 and 9770242 that reduces NAMPT, which might be a cause of various health issues that I have had over the last 7 years. Have you had any progress with your supplements and have you tried nicotinamide riboside?

Nicotinamide Riboside is probably the best hope you have. Try it and let us know if it helps.
  • Needs references x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nampt, nad+, visfatin, resveratrol, rs1319501, rs9770242

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users