- - - - -

bowl issues and what it might imply

ibs depression cognition anxiety acne

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

I've always had digestive issues since when i can remember, could be described as IBS probably
randomly, couple of times a month, i get these super strong stomach pains which are really invasive, in the sense that i cant think of anything else and really need to evacuate within 5-10minutes. In the form of diahrrea. 
Usually the pain goes away right after, but sometime it stays for a while. About an hour, slowly fading.
Sometime i feel like i am going to faint, and i have cold sweats, chills and increased salivation to the point that a if i open my mouth a constant flow of saliva comes out.
this smells like some noradrenergic fuck-up.
As a side note, Im in my 30ies and i still have acne all over my body.

I also happen to suffer from mild depression which in my opinion is impacting me the most in the form of cognitive/decisionmaking impairments and zest for life
also a bit of a social anxienty component probably.

Id like to hear if anyone knows what pathways are usually found responsible for those things...
From my understanding i tought it was mostly serotonergic but the social anxiety and the coldsweats/salivation sounds more of noradrenergic...

ive finally decided to see a doctor for those things and i wonder which direction will end up going..

#2 123apk

• 66 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:36 PM

Have you ever had blood in your stool?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

first, cut all gluten in your diet (i know easier said than done).

second, if that doesn't work, google for elimination diet.

third, there is a recent thread on NAC and milk thistle for acne.

#4 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:20 AM

Maybe also check if your symptoms match with those that have the bacteria Helicobacter Pylori in their stomach. This bacteria is famous for causing stomach ulcers.

#5 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:10 AM

Don’t just automatically assume there are monoamine “pathways” causing this ... possibly it’s neurological but it could be something like gluten intolerance, or even frank celiac disease. The umbrella term “irritable bowel syndrome” sounds appropriate. But under that umbrella could be some more specific diagosis. If it persists you should see a doctor.

#6 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:52 AM

When you titled this thread "bowl issues" I thought of other stuff.

Meanwhile, have you tried some short term fasting? Kick out all food and liquid (except water) for five days. Then slowly, gently reintroduce foods, document refeeding on Cronometer, identify the offending food(s), and see what's up.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#7 magniloquentc0unt

• Topic Starter
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

Have you ever had blood in your stool?

no i dont think so, sometime they look very orangeish but i doubt i ever had blood in it. i had the stools tested recently for inflammation (calprotectin) but nothing

Don’t just automatically assume there are monoamine “pathways” causing this ... possibly it’s neurological but it could be something like gluten intolerance, or even frank celiac disease. The umbrella term “irritable bowel syndrome” sounds appropriate. But under that umbrella could be some more specific diagosis. If it persists you should see a doctor.

besides the calprotectin doc also checked with ultrasound device but everything normal...

When you titled this thread "bowl issues" I thought of other stuff.

Meanwhile, have you tried some short term fasting? Kick out all food and liquid (except water) for five days. Then slowly, gently reintroduce foods, document refeeding on Cronometer, identify the offending food(s), and see what's up.

i have probably watched too much tim and eric recently :)

btw no, have not tried any form of diet at the moment.

the only time i tried it made my stomach explode. it was steamed carrots and potatoes and i had one of the worse attacks ever.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, depression, cognition, anxiety, acne

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users