Photo

DIY Cataract Eye Drops

cataracts nalc n-acetyl-carnosine presbyopia

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:43 AM

I'm thinking about making my own anti-cataract eye drops (and hopefully, maybe anti-presbyopia).

I was thinking of buying N-Acetyl-Carnosine from PureBulk and mixing it in generic contact lens saline solution. I could keep it in the fridge and mix a new batch every week or so. 

Comments? Concerns? Suggestions? Any other ingredients I could add?

Edited by ta5, 14 December 2017 - 02:48 AM.

#2 Oakman

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:35 PM

I've been using this type of eye drop off and on for several yrs. Wildly expensive, and I'm not sure they actually work, maybe they slow things down, hard to tell. Interested to see what you come up with. Even this formulation of drops are not allowed to state the obvious active ingredient, thanks to our FDA.

Edited by Oakman, 14 December 2017 - 04:36 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kench

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:49 PM

I've been using Brite Eyes III (N-acetyl-carnosine) for the last year to slow down the growth of the cataract in my left eye.

It may be helping. 

Good summary article in the latest (Jan 2018) LEF magazine:

http://www.lifeexten...ampaign=CVM701E

• like x 1

#4 nickdino

• 162 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:13 PM

Hi, everyone. Is there a better form or combination of NAC available anywhere? I've read that NAC has poor bioavailability.

Experiments with NAC Amide have been done with positive outcomes but i don't think its available and i've seen a yt video that mentions a combo of NAC and S Acetyl Glutathione.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 JamesPaul

• 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:06 AM

Kench and others, I'm interested in eye drops containing N-acetyl carnosine.  I saw that the Life Extension Brite Eyes product contains that and also benzyl alcohol.  What concentration of the product is benzyl alcohol?  Is it known to be safe for eyes?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cataracts, nalc, n-acetyl-carnosine, presbyopia

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users