• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How fast does resveratrol shorten telomeres?

p53

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:14 AM

So resveratrol is a broad spectrum p53 activator and shortens all telomeres? Is that a correct assumption?

So how fast does it do this exactly? What percent of HeLa would a strong resveratrol halt during a given time? Perhaps there is another metric?

• Needs references x 3
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#2 HaplogroupW

• 101 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:12 AM

where do you get that idea

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

I don't know where I get it. I'm just throwing out a generalization to see how it gets corrected b/c it's as good a vector for learning things as any other.

Most important is the title of the topic.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 4
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • dislike x 1

#4 Supierce

• 94 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

where do you get that idea

Just google resveratrol P53. It's why high-dose resveratrol is used by many people for cancer.

#5 HaplogroupW

• 101 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:39 AM

OK well having had a superficial glance, the p53 interaction suggests it can be a pro-apoptic (senolytic candidate?). Didn't see anything there about its effect on telomeres, but didn't spend much time.

The stuff I've seen in the literature usually describes it as a telomerase promoter. E.g. this review:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4962009/

Resveratrol activates telomerase in mammary epithelial [94] and endothelial progenitor cells [95], most likely due to the upregulation of SIRT1 [96].

And there was this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5645932/

that showed impressively longer telomeres relative to untreated control in vitro. And which we were recently discussing in this thread:

http://www.longecity...very-on-ageing/

Do you have refs suggesting it shortens telomeres?

Edited by HaplogroupW, 31 January 2018 - 02:52 AM.

• Informative x 1

#6 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:44 AM

My research on resveratrol is dated apparently and mostly involves all of the cancer studies where it activated the p53 gene to shorten telomeres. But I guess it's either more like apigenin where it selectively eliminates cells with the shortest telomeres preventing them from affecting average telo length, or it actually does promote telomere lengthening.

But it's definitely not time wasting or pointless, I have applications.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2

#7 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

Many things affect P53, it's not unique to resveratrol.  But resveratrol does seem to have an inverted U-shaped dose-response curve,  Large doses will have opposite effects to low doses.  I would consider 400 m/g and up to be a large dose.  As far as the effects of athletic performance and endurance, as a Ppar alpha and gamma modulator, it should enhance things.  The dose makes the effect?

#8 Castiel

• 374 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:47 AM

resveratrol activates multiple sirtuins and can mimic the effects of calorie restriction on 100s of genes.

Recent research was discussed on the other thread in this resveratrol subforum

https://www.longecit...very-on-ageing/

A team led by Professor Lorna Harries, Professor of Molecular Genetics at the University of Exeter, has discovered a new way to rejuvenate inactive senescent cells. Within hours of treatment the older cells started to divide, and had longer telomeres -- the 'caps' on the chromosomes which shorten as we age."When I saw some of the cells in the culture dish rejuvenating I couldn't believe it. These old cells were looking like young cells. It was like magic,"- sciencedaily resveratrol analogues research

• Informative x 1

#9 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:32 PM

Is there a “best” brand of resveratrol one should be taking? I’ve been using this at 2 pills per day but if there is a better form I’d rather switch?

https://www.nutrabio...resveratrol.htm

#10 triguy

• 79 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:33 AM

Is there a “best” brand of resveratrol one should be taking? I’ve been using this at 2 pills per day but if there is a better form I’d rather switch?

https://www.nutrabio...resveratrol.htm

looking also for a quality brand

• Agree x 1

#11 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:28 PM

looking also for a quality brand

Maac10 and I only take half a dose, aka one pill. Larger doses always gave me migraines.

Something is happening to me with my most recent regimen, and it is amazing. I think I look at least ten years younger and feel decades younger. I think most can be attributed to the transresveratrol. This is exciting! I am 55 and my skin is wrinkle free, and bright white, not sullen. I have used resveratrol off and on for many years. But see the biggest effect with certain brands. Trex (no longer sold) and maac10. Concidentally, both contained bioperine.

Whatever I am doing its certainly working! Holy cow! I will be forever grateful to this forum. Love you all! I am having the time of my life!

#12 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:39 PM

PS just so I don't dox myself and my activities here on other social media, I ain't updating my profile with a pic from my 55th birthday. Like to keep my business private. But if they can be sent via PM the forum owner or anyone can request it. Trust me, I don't look 55. That unaltered pic (strict orders not even filters) was two months ago and I look even younger yet now.

Edited by katrina, 14 August 2018 - 03:42 PM.

#13 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:18 PM

So whatcha think @Harkijn? Lol... Told ya so... And yes I am gloating... Lol..

Edited by katrina, 14 August 2018 - 05:20 PM.

#14 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:20 PM

Just noticed a new change today. My eyebrows turning dark again, tho unevenly. My left is >95% dark brown again. While the right is 75%. Well, my left looks awesome! Um both sides would be nice...

At eye doc last visit, far vision improved, eye pressures decreased (twenties to mid teens) , eye dryness nearly gone, and reading glasses rx cut down too. Also visual fields improved to near perfect, I think cause eyes now totally open. I had referral to surgeon for that (ptosis), glad I never went. Yeah folks my age can get improvement in vision, but everything going uphill.

My decollate sun damage really has improved dramatically for first time in decades in last few months. I stopped sunning at 30 and damage was pretty bad. Why the improvement now at my age? Is it my skincare? The 100 sunblock? I always used sunblock there but never 100.

#15 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:01 AM

Hi all, I can confirm that Katrina looks way younger than her age. I really think that she has hit upon a regimen and lifestyle that works for her!

• Agree x 1

#16 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:58 PM

Hi all, I can confirm that Katrina looks way younger than her age. I really think that she has hit upon a regimen and lifestyle that works for her!

Thank you sweetie! It is hard work in all departments including skincare. I just posted a new topic today. The massive, decades old, sun damage reversal on my decollate was from NIA24! If you or anyone has sun damage this stuff rocks!

#17 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:17 PM

Thank you sweetie! It is hard work in all departments including skincare. I just posted a new topic today. The massive, decades old, sun damage reversal on my decollate was from NIA24! If you or anyone has sun damage this stuff rocks!

Publish your full protocol, please.

Edited by Kentavr, 01 September 2018 - 07:17 PM.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#18 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:34 PM

Publish your full protocol, please.

Somehow it all just ended up here.
https://www.longecit...-was-the-nia24/

55 and very proud! Picture taken Thursday. Oh did I post that? LOL.. It is in the name of science. I do need more work though... Taken on Ipad with filters/corrections shut off.

Attached File  B7BF4F12-2231-4666-85FD-EE79144170C9.jpeg   67.38KB   8 downloads

Somehow I suspect I just blew up longcity.

Edited by katrina, 02 September 2018 - 09:36 PM.

• Cheerful x 3

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#19 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:48 PM

PS. Nerds do have fun too. Can't help it I feel twenty... Shhhh.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p53

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users