• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Pensioners' party wins!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ilia

• Guest, Moderator
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:08 PM

Congrats to all on the victory of our left-wing!
Isn't it cool the amount of mandates the pensioners' party got? That's a clear indication that the issue of aging, the recognition of problems associated with it, is becoming increasingly important both among the old and the young. Our time might be coming.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:15 PM

Congrats. Good news for life extension.

Also, what do you think about the security wall? From my perspective here in the U.S. it seems like the best option. It seems no matter what Israel does, the Palestinians always threaten violence. So....why not build a wall.

#3 Trias

• 270 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:42 PM

Such a pity Kadima won!!

This utter excuse for a fool, Ohlmert, intends to transport 80,000 citizens!
Unbelievable.
You remember what happened when we moved only 8,000 - - the patriotic wing went crazy;
think of the huge TEAR moving 80,000 will cause.... a civil war? -might as well.
Think of the money that will be lost in the process of moving them.

Hell dont get the wrong idea - - i'm pro-returning territories but with an AGREEMENT.
The HAMAS and ABU-MAZEN say that they will not accept Olmert's plans of setting the border;
The FANATICS of the HAMAS say they won't allow peace DESPITE our retreat to the 67 border..... So why just give away the territiories and cause a huge tear between israeli citizens?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:33 PM

I'm not qualified to really discuss Israeli politics, but I do have an interest of sorts in the borders/land issue.

First of all, I'm probably biased because of my Christian background. But even despite such bias, I still think the Israeli's current claims are quite strong, and that there is no legal or ethical reason to give back any land, and certainly nothing beyond the 1967 borders.

On the other hand, from a pragmatic standpoint, I also see that giving the land back will be seen as a peace offering to buy sympathy. Not from the Arab world, because they'll only offer their sympathy once the Israeli nation is enslaved or obliterated, and maybe not even then. (I'm speaking of course in political and religious and social generalities; I have no doubt that some small percentage of Arabs already sympathize, and that that percentage is on a sliding scale based on world events).

However, giving land back to the Palestinians--especially giving back more than they are entitled to (assuming you think they're entitled to any)--will buy the sympathy of staunch liberals in places such as Europe where support for Israel has waned over the past decade. It also undermines any sympathy the Arab countries and fundamentalist Muslims are getting, in terms of their "grievances".

However, all that said, I have no idea what the proper balance is between giving in for sympathy's sake and taking the hard line for security's sake (and for the sake of rightful ownership).

And of course, all that said, I'm just a naive American, so feel free to blast my opinions.

#5 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:04 PM

Filthy politicians. Each is worse than the other.
No wonder so many voted The Gimla'im...

-Infernity

#6 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:32 PM

-Infernity

Now that's the right attitude! [lol]

#7 Trias

• 270 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:41 AM

No wonder so many voted The Gimla'im...

-Infernity

heh; well said.

When will I get the mandate to rule? [sfty]

#8 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:55 AM

When will I get the mandate to rule?  [sfty]

Who cares, when will I be the queen of the universe?, I know few thought it's a good idea [lol]

-Infernity

#9 ilia

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 614 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:57 PM

The grievances of the Palestinian people are very real: their life expectancy is ten years lower, and incidence of certain epidemiological diseases (such as bilharzias) is ten times higher. Such a situation can only cause resentment. One can’t bomb it out or build a wall around it. The right wing policy was ruthless toward the Palestinians, as it was ruthless towards Israel’s own weak, sick and old. So we did the best thing we could: voted for the more compassionate parties, sympathetic both toward underprivileged Israeli citizens and our next door neighbors. Hopefully, this compassion will bear fruit, despite Hamas’ militaristic outbursts. I heard interviews both with Palestinian leaders and “people on the street” saying their hopes of reaching an agreement with a socially-conscious, left-wing Israeli government are much higher. As for the relocation of settlements or territorial concessions, life seems to be much more precious than a piece of land.

#10 davidishalom1

• 40 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:00 PM

generally i harmonize with ilia, personally i was many years peace activist, but no more, now i try to be transhumanist and life extention activist and i harmonize with Infernity's plan to be the queen of the universe. we are all have a chance to be the queens and kings of the universe. as for the borders and the convergence plan of Ulmart, i support it, since otherwise, we are controling so many Palestinians without citizenship, a situation that endanger the democracy in Israel. yes i know, the system is full of corruption and injustice, to a large extent it crept from the "teritories". we have to seperate and since we don't have partner, so be it the security wall. i hope the evacuation will be done more sensitively and with empathy. yes although i voted Merez, i was happy to learn the pensioner party won 7 mandates. cheers.

#11 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:58 PM

and i harmonize with Infernity's plan to be the queen of the universe

[lol] told you guys hehehe. Thanks David ^^"

"Born to be kings, princes of the universe" - Queen

The only ones people cannot say "oi, how can you vote for those?!" are the Gimla'im, it shall one day help everyone, we all yet age now do not we? :\

-Infernity

#12 davidishalom1

• 40 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:49 PM

, we all yet age now do not we? :\
-Infernity

in fact Infernity, that is changing right now. if for illustration we take you, in ten years from now you start to age only half, means when you are chronologically 34 you will only be 29 biologically, and ten years later, we"ll achieve successful practical control over aging process altogether, so when you are 39 chronologically, you are +- 35 years old, young, vibrant, inspiring, illuminated, mentally and physically augmented, you start your journey as queen, with so much beauty and love and fan and bliss, but this is just the first phase in an ultimate immortal, journey for "heaven and beyond". but finally all humans will be masters of the universe, see the singularity and beyond, but you Infernity have an option to be a leader to that future. its up to you, you have the choice, don't you?

#13 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:13 PM

..Thank you, David... Yes, I believe I do. Otherwise I wouldn't spend my time here now would I?

-Infernity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users