- - - - -

taking low dose of psilocybin shrooms instead of antidepressants

anxietymagic mushroomsdepression ptsd psilocybin microdosing gad shrooms

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Diego55

• 108 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:24 PM

Hello, I have been suffering from severe anxiety (panic attacks, social anxiety, PTSD) and depression for more than 10 years. I tried tons of pharmaceuticals, various therapies, supplements, nootropics... nothing has really worked for me. I feel like I am at the end of my rope. My anxiety is so bad that I literally cannot leave my house, I can only go to work(my office) or stay at home. 

I tried microdosing with mushroom about 2 years ago. I tried doses as low as 0.1 mg in the morning and it only made my anxiety worse and I got panic attacks during the day. I was thinking to try MD before bed to skip the initial anxiety from shrooms but I am certain that without some sort of sleeping aid they would keep me awake at night.

So I was wondering, If I start taking low doses of Mianserin every night (also works as an antidepressant) or low doses of hydroxyzine/zolpidem with 0.1 shrooms before bed (every 4th day), will I sill get an antidepressant-like effect from psilocybin mushrooms? If it would work then maybe with time my body will adjust to them and I'll be able to take them during the day.... I don't know

My goal is to get the antidepressant effect from microdosing. I am feeling very down, depressed but I really don't want to get back to various SSRI, TCA, MAOI drugs with horrible side effects and minimal profit (at least in my case it was so).

Has anybody tried MD shrooms before bed or tried taking them instead of the AD with any success in treating anxiety-depression? Thanks!

#2 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:04 PM

Hi Diego

I was on 15mg of mirtazapine and I microdosed .5mg of psilocybin every fourth day for two months. I got a strong antidepressant and mood lift at first. It was so good

that I started to wean off the mirtazapine during this time. Eventually tolerance set in with the mushroom microdose and my sleep was crap off the mirtazapine. I ended up

starting the mirtazapine and added pristiq and I think Im starting to feel better now. I wanted off the mirtazapine cause it bloats my stomach but its the only antidepressant

that seems to work for me. Im on 30mg of mirtazapine and 50mg of pristiq. Im only 3 weeks in with pristiq and a week on the higher dose of mirtazapine. If you do the

microdosing route check out james fadiman on youtube hes the psychiatrist doing the research behind microdosing. I dont knmow what to tell you because for some

people microdosing is extremely beneficial and lifechanging. Didnt work for me but the first few doses a couple weeks in were really nice.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:09 PM

I think the mianserin or mirtazapine will really help your ptsd and panic. I think Dr Fadiman says to be causious and careful with microdosing with anxciety disorders

the psilocybin could relieve or exacerbate depending on the indidvidual. Gotta start with really low doses to test the waters. Never microdose late in the day because

its known for disrupting sleep. Id just keep it for the morning. Good luck I hope your feeling better soon.

Edited by jaybird10 2, 15 March 2018 - 11:43 PM.

#4 Diego55

• Topic Starter
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:53 PM

thank you for your response

I was on mirtazapine 20mg a few years ago but I remember that I gained a lot of weight while on it...I don't remember how it worked for my anxiety and depression but because of weight gain I decided to stop taking it... Have you gained any weight on mirtazapine?

Have you tried microdosing before bed while on mirtazapine? When I took 10mg of mirtazapine I was literally dead asleep within half an hour... so I was thinking it could work against insomnia from mushrooms MD.

Good luck to you too!

#5 hanu

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:39 AM

The research says the anxierty is one affiction that didnt respond to microdosing......i havent combined (or tried the MD drug you use) but i have 1 year experience with MD lsd and shrooms in different combos, one after the other over months, both on the same day or alternating them on dosing days.

Shrooms i could eat late and go to sleep on, lsd kept me awake. Some days they can help with anxierty but overall thats not really what i got from it, regarding depression my guess would be that lsd has a better chance since lsd is stimulating and uplifting.

You dont like MAOIs did you try selergeline? Bali Kratom is good for anxierty but over long time some dependance comes from this compound. Iboga is another compound that some peoble with anxierty had good luck, but it is not easy to sleep on, maps microdosing Iboga protocol is 0.05 g, daily for 3 weeks, or until sleeplessness shows up

#6 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:22 PM

will I still get an antidepressant-like effect from psilocybin mushrooms?

unlikely, but they may still give you a headache.  i think the application here resembles moreso the findings with terminal illness and death anxiety, which is a medium-high dose taken just once (or very occasionally) but with terrific effect.  and as long as i've got the green light to hijack this thread with a wanable natural post, we may as well recommend chamomile, magnesium, grapefruit and ginseng as sensible additions to your stack.

the biggest thing is just not to worry what others think, half of its history and the rest is nonsense.  im not promising facing your fears gets any easier, it doesn't sadly.  but the guy who learns to climb the cliff and looks around despite his fears is a million times sexier than all the rest of the dudes wandering below with their dicks in their hand

Edited by gamesguru, 24 March 2018 - 10:22 PM.

#7 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:32 PM

Knowing that microdosing can worsen anxiety id be even more anxious before taking it and that would lead to more anxiety coused by the drug itself

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#8 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:27 PM

it was good, real good.  i ended up tripping with that girl we met at kroger and watching Step Brothers til 1am

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anxietymagic mushroomsdepression, ptsd, psilocybin, microdosing, gad, shrooms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users