• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

doctor gave my 7 year old sister miconazole (worried)

hormone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:31 PM

so I found out my sister who is  7 year old is using miconazole , i asked my mom for what she said embarassing stuff so im assuming its woman related. Anyway im worried since miconazole its a potent drug and no 7 year old should be takin such drug that messes with your hormones?!?! 

what was the doctor thinking giving miconazole to a  7 year old? can someone reassure me?`am i overeacting?

#2 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:37 PM

It's a pretty commonly prescribed antifungal.  IDK what else you expect the doctor to do about a fungal issue.  I had a friend who took diflucan for a fungal problem.  These azole drugs are so commonly used.  What else would you do?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:40 PM

i mean what happend to just leaving it and letting the body take care of it? surely the body will fix it and be stronger. when a kid gets sick people are fast to get medicine. the body will never develop strength if it cant overcome the sickness by it self. My problem is miconazole messes with hormones.  its known to act as an antagonist of the glucocorticoid receptor. So who knows what other hormones this drug touches.. and a 7 year old should not BE taking drugs that messes with their hormones.

• Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:12 PM

You are paranoid.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hormone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users