• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

pain medicine(opiods) cessation. Supplements/nootropics to help support encourage recovery.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lifemap

• 28 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:41 PM

Here is my plan thus far. Please feel free to comment, add or remove.

1. 1-2x day 500 mg l-tyrosine.
( do you think NALT would be even better for helping replensinish dopamine production again) or dl phenylalanine if l-tyrosine isn't working.
along with co-factors b-6 and vit c

2.Uridine stack
any thoughts on this. also best dose schedule.
a) DHA
b) omega 3
( or would dha be better?)
c) Acetyl-Ch
( this has been sitting around so thought I'd use it. or do you think I'd be better
off with simple Alpha GPC?)
d) MTHF-r + Methylcobalamin b12 sublingual
3. Sulbutiamine ( b1)
( I haven't tried this one , but it sounds promising, so any thoughts/experiences?

4) Endocrine supp/nootropic help!?

*5) possibly adding bacopa, and rhodiola, & l-theanine depending on level of anxiety

My major symptoms were
1. lack of interest in things I previously enjoyed, no endorphin rush( feel good's) from exercise/sexetc
2. extreme fatigue,
3. almost impossible to gain motivation.
4. Trouble experiencing pleasure through success

I don't know what to take that could help my endocrine system, so please some advice on this would be greatly appreciated! I am scared to go thought this after being sick for months, however I know that this time around I dont' have to do it unsupported. So thank you again for you help!!

-Obviously exercise,diet, sunlight,sleep etc. will be important and implemented , its just when your depressed all of these become unnecessarily difficult. If anyone is interested, I will keep a recording of my experiences and progress through this shift. Let me know

After being hospitalized for weeks, and several months later my pain has finally gotten to a place I no longer need my prescribed pain medicine. However over the last months I've felt as if the medicine is no longer helping and actually hindering , fining my self slipping into a dysthymia state of being. Years past I had a similar health crisis and after stopping my medicine I fell into a depressive state,

Essentially life felt like I was dragging 200 lbs uphill with everything I had to do even brushing my teeth was a daunting task. I guess this is known as PAWS, however I also suffered a TBI year prior which makes it difficult to know exactly how much of the symptoms are PAWS, and how much the TBI is effecting the process of my brain rewiring w/o pain medication.

I have read quite a bit on numerous things to help to support dopamine production following cessation of opiate pain meds oxy/ms-cotin ( Do you think I should take something to support endocrine system as well? . My mood, dopamine and endocrine system have become negatively impacted from prolonged use of pain medication.

Any thoughts on these supplements/nootropics, to help both dopaine and my endocine system, whether it be a single thing or a stack. Or if there is another system I'm unaware of that is impacted by synthetic opiate use.

I am ready to make the jump just scared of what I went through years past, and hoping with supplementation I can support a quicker recovery.

Truly thank you again, I have hope I can do this with out the amount of emotional suffering as last time.

Edited by Lifemap, 31 March 2018 - 07:52 PM.

#2 Lifemap

• Topic Starter
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:31 AM

lastly was thinking of adding small dose of mematine 2.5-5mg, or micro dose of ibogaine.
Also could mitochondria support help?I have coq-10 , pqq, and alpha-lipoic-acid. should I add these? And is it worth switching the coq-10 for ubiquinol?

Note:( However I stopped using mematine after trying it to keep tolerance down and found it to be ineffective. I received the same analgesia with or with out it. And required higher doses to get same analgesia after a weeks of taking mematine. I believe the amount of iv medicine given to me for almost three weeks in the hospital unfortunately skyrocketed my tolerance unlike anything I've ever experienced. So if the mematine was ineffective, I don't know if ibogaine will work considering they both work on NMDA from what I understand.)

Edited by Lifemap, 01 April 2018 - 06:32 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Icarus7

• 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

I have mTBI and used opioids past 2 years to deal with my headaches. I’m 2 weeks off and experience the same things you mentioned.

I just started growth hormone, as a STIM test showed I have GH deficiency. I’d recommend you get a dull hormonal panel done, and possibly look into a STIM test if anything seems off on it. Not many Endocronologist know about this so it can be difficult to get treatment for it.

#4 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:07 PM

Well, first of all, I must ask, is your pain under control? I'd suggest cannabis as a replacement for the opioids otherwise.

Also, which type of opioid did you use? Tramadol? If so, I would suggest Duloxetine as well, since that antidepressant seems to lessen pain in similar ways as the NON-opioid effects of Tramadol (snri).

When it comes to the paws, there is something called CERC-501 - it's a so-called Opioid KAPPA receptor antagonist - there are actually TWO sides to the opioid system coin - you've been playing for a long while with the sides of Mu and Delta -agonism - increasing activity at these two receptors causes pleasure to be enhanced, which also leads to pain being lessened.

HOWever... the kappa receptors is the OTHER side of the opioid coin - Kappa-receptors control the feelings of PUNISHMENT! The feelings of shame, guilt and suffering. The activity coming out of these receptors also seems to affect physical pain perception, but in contradictory, unclear ways. (there appear to be signs that both agonism and antagonism can decrease different perceptions of pain, depending on the conditions? I'm honestly a bit confused by the litterature)

What is clear though, is that Kappa antagonists shows potential in treating addiction to traditional opioids, and some of them are being researched for this at this moments - and since what you're going through is similar to that, I think there could be some potential here.

I wouldn't combine Cerc-501 or other kappa antagonists with Cannabis though, since that's an unresearched combo, and its hard to tell what it's going to do to you, since the CB-receptors appear to be heavily involved in the modulation of multiple opioid networks, and vice versa.

You can read a bit more about Kappa receptors here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4233910/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#5 Icarus7

• 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:39 PM

My pain is not in control. Ive been using cannabis which helps some but anxiety increases. CBD oil does nothing. Kratom I’ve used in past but don’t like ingesting it and consistently doesn’t work.

I’m hoping the Growth Hormone im using will help with sleep and headaches otherwise will need to try Botox or headache preventatives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users