• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Who’s the genetic genius here? $400 to cure me.

genes pay coding selfhacked promethease nutrahacker who’s the guru?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:43 PM

I’m about to pay this lady
Sharon Reid Altmeyer, MS, LCGC
GenCipher Genetic Counseling

$250 for an hour discussion about my results from 23andMe, Promethease, genetic genie, nutrahacker and selfhacked. She reviews results and goes over it all. I know many people may know more than her and could offer a more complex plan for me but I’ll give her a shot. What I want is simple. Look at all my mutations and lmk what they mean and what supps to take to fix them. It shouldn’t be a guessing game. If I’m off on something then something should fix it and it should be as simple as that. If she doesn’t deliver who is the expert here who could do better? I’ll pay $400 vs her $250 if she can’t deliver what I want.

P.S. I only had like 5 or 6 red mutations until I signed up for selfhacked and now pissed because I have like 34 pages of red flagged stuff that I have no idea where to begin on Ughhhhh!
  • Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:37 AM

23andme is useless for a health report. Been said literally thousands of times but people don't seem to be able to understand what they get when they buy the 23andme kit. Less than 1% of your DNA is sequenced and only SNPs which are a tiny fraction of your DNA. So more close to 0.1% of your DNA.

• Agree x 1

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:16 AM

23andme is useless for a health report. Been said literally thousands of times but people don't seem to be able to understand what they get when they buy the 23andme kit. Less than 1% of your DNA is sequenced and only SNPs which are a tiny fraction of your DNA. So more close to 0.1% of your DNA.

So since I used the 23andMe data to upload on Promethease, selfhacked,etc... it’s the same thing? No good? What’s a good one? Thanks

Edited by John250, 05 April 2018 - 06:17 AM.

#4 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:23 PM

A word of advice.  You don't solicit this kind of medical advice/consultation from random people on an Internet forum, as informed as some of the people here may be.  You deal with a legitimate company that has a documented history of providing this kind of service performed by individuals who have legitimate education credentials.  Nevermind the fact that the analysis might be shoddy, just the legal issue of putting your private genetic DNA in the hands of another individual without legal protections in place, is rather crazy.  A company that deals in this kind of information will have documented procedures on how to protect your data.  What if you have a gene for Huntington's and the person decides to blackmail you or put it out all over the Internet with your name attached?

Stop w/ this thread immediately, IMO.

Edited by tunt01, 05 April 2018 - 12:23 PM.

• Agree x 1

#5 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:36 PM

What I want is simple. Look at all my mutations and lmk what they mean and what supps to take to fix them. It shouldn’t be a guessing game.

That's why I didn't get a 23andme. Because even after a steep learning curve about the significance of each SNP and its combinations - or after an extensive consultation - one still has to try various supplements and titrate, while monitoring lab markers to find optimal doses. Which again all might change over time.

Nobody could do that without guessing first, unless someone with supernatural powders. But in this case wouldn't need the 23andme test to begin with first.

What if you have a gene for Huntington's and the person decides to blackmail you or put it out all over the Internet with your name attached?

Having a gene for Huntington doesn't mean one has Huntington. The problem with it I see is rather, that someone with financial needs takes advantage of this prevalent ignorance:. That once someone deciphers your SNPs, all you have to do is follow an easy plan.

In actually you still have to trial each recommendation to see how you do with them. Which isn't easy and takes some time with or without consultation.

#6 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

Yes, it doesn't matter who or what analyses your 23andme raw data, it's practically useless for health reports. 

Get your full genome sequenced. Costs around 1000 USD although the price has supposedly fallen. 

You want at least 30x coverage for your health reports. Coverage refers to how many times your DNA is resequenced to eliminate mutations in individual cells and to eliminate errors in sequencing. 

I have never used this company but it's the only one I could find on Google which offers sequencing for private individuals

https://www.fullgenomes.com/

#7 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:04 PM

Well how very sexist. It doesn't do anything for women?
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#8 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

Wow I had loads of red on 23 and me. No wonder I'm ageing badly

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

Try genos.co . 499$ for Whole Exome Sequencing. Recommended by a guy from SNPedia.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: genes, pay, coding, selfhacked, promethease, nutrahacker, who’s the guru?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users