• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Depression support HELP! Stopping pain medication.

depression support opioid cessation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lifemap

• 28 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:46 AM

Here is my plan thus far. Please feel free to comment, add or remove.

1. 1-2x day 500 mg l-tyrosine. 
( do you think NALT would be even better for helping replensinish dopamine production again) or dl phenylalanine if l-tyrosine isn't working. 
along with co-factors b-6 and vit c 

2.Uridine stack
any thoughts on this. also best dose schedule. 
a) DHA
b) omega 3 
( or would dha be better?)
c) Acetyl-Ch 
( this has been sitting around so thought I'd use it. or do you think I'd be better  
off with simple Alpha GPC?)
d) MTHF-r + Methylcobalamin b12 sublingual
3. Sulbutiamine ( b1) 
( I haven't tried this one , but it sounds promising, so any thoughts/experiences?

4) Endocrine supp/nootropic help!?

*5) possibly adding bacopa, and rhodiola, & l-theanine depending on level of anxiety 

My major symptoms were 
1. lack of interest in things I previously enjoyed, lack of any feel good's( endorphin rush) from exercise/sex etc

2. extreme fatigue,
3. almost impossible to gain motivation.
4. Trouble experiencing pleasure/sense of accomplishment  through success 
 The pain from my  disease\ is managed so I am going to quit taking opioid pain medication.
I don't know what to take that could help my endocrine system, so please some advice on this would be greatly appreciated! I am scared to go thought this after being sick for months, however I know that this time around I dont' have to do it unsupported. 

So thank you again for you help!! 

-Obviously exercise,diet, sunlight,sleep etc. will be important and implemented , its just when your depressed all of these become unnecessarily difficult. If anyone is interested, I will keep a recording of my experiences and progress through this shift.  (Also considering mematine, Agmatine, micro dose iboga )Let me know

#2 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:38 PM

Obviously exercise,diet, sunlight,sleep etc. will be important and implemented ,

The sunlight part may be harder to implement depending on where you live , and if you're dark skinned. Vitamin D supplementation may be necessary.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Lifemap

• Topic Starter
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:18 AM

The sunlight part may be harder to implement depending on where you live , and if you're dark skinned. Vitamin D supplementation may be necessary.

Thank you for your thoughts, I just recently replaced the bulb and I am currently using 10,000 flux light first thing in the morning- mid afternoon,  and take 5,000 IU w/ k2  sublingual vitamin D every day w/ omega 3 and green drink( these are my constants) 

Frustratingly my  pain took a turn for the worse and is increasing, ugh!! iI know for some people pain meds increase mood and sense of well being, for me they seem to rarely do this, the analgesia effects help to not feel disabled, but I feel as though it increasing the  depression. 

I also recently tried l-tyrosine, for two days. It made me feel for lack of better term, slightly emotional numb and dulled . Going to give dlpa a try next.

Also tried the Alpha GPC, uridine, omega 3, vitamins b12, MTHF stack and felt horrible. Increase in anxiety, and depression, foggy mind and emotions and a head ache. Basically  the exact opposite of what I was hoping to accomplish.  I'm going to give myself a few days and try lower doses, and separately to determine the culprits .

I feel really discouraged, and lost where to go next!. Am I'm even on the right track?.... So please,  if any one has other ideas please don't hesitate to comment!. 

Edited by Lifemap, 07 April 2018 - 02:25 AM.

#4 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:49 AM

Could this be a glutamate problem?

#5 Lifemap

• Topic Starter
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:15 PM

Could this be a glutamate problem?

I'm not certain, any tried & true methods to determine if it is?
Or possibly dopamine downregulation? If so why such negative response to uridine +choline?

Edited by Lifemap, 16 April 2018 - 08:27 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Slobec

• 41 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:24 AM

Many supplements can help http://www.ergo-log....-you-crazy.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users