- - - - -

Goodbye aging with Proxofim (FOXO4)

proxofim (foxo4) anti-aging proxofim aging nmn resveratrol

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 eze

• 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

Scientists have made a breakthrough towards creating a pill that can reverse signs of ageing.

A compound that could have a dramatic effect in restoring hair loss, kidney function and physical energy has been discovered.

It 'seeks and destroys' broken, ageing cells that accumulate as we get older, Dutch researchers claim.

c893fbc853d38bca175e5f8d3f652253.png
Proxofim has already been tested in humans -> http://foxo4dri.com/summary/

Known as senescent cells, they are widely considered to contribute to many age-related diseases.

In trials on mice, the effects were dramatic - both on naturally ageing mice and those genetically engineered to grow older at a rapid rate.

The compound reversed loss off fur caused by age, poor kidney function and made the mice stronger.

Fast-aging mice with patches of missing fur began to recover their coats after 10 days, the Erasmus University Medical Center researchers found.

After about three weeks, the ageing mice got fitter, according to the study published in Trends in Molecular Medicine.

Older mice began to run double the distance of their counterparts who did not receive the drug - called a modified FOXO4 peptide.

A month after treatment, aged mice showed an increase in markers indicating healthy kidney function.

However, the compound, which took four years to identify, has yet to be tested in humans - but the researchers will do so in the near future. 

It works by interfering with a compound called FOXO4 which is hardly found in young healthy cells.

As this compound builds up, it stops ageing cells from self-destructing. These then begin to build up around in the body, and lead to ill health.

The modified FOXO4 peptide overcomes this, and causes the cell to 'commit suicide' – destroying it.

It does this by triggering the cell’s self destruct button – which involves another compound in the cell called p53.

Study author Dr Peter de Keizer said: ‘Only in senescent cells does this peptide cause cell death.

‘We treated mice for over 10 months, giving them infusions of the peptide three times a week, and we didn't see any obvious side effects.

‘FOXO4 is barely expressed in non-senescent cells, so that makes the peptide interesting as the FOXO4-p53 interaction is especially relevant to senescent cells, but not normal cells.'

<script> </script>

• Disagree x 2
  • like x 1

#2 Rocket

• 1,070 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:05 AM

LOL!! That guys alleged before and after pictures are the same pictures.... Just one has been photoshopped.

Look at the hair. Its the exact same from picture to picture. That is physically impossible to mess up your hair EXACTLY the same and EXACTLY the same length. The guys hair doesn't grow and get cut periodically?

People will believe anything,
  • Agree x 7
  • Good Point x 3
  • Well Written x 1
  • like x 1

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:59 PM

It was only yesterday that dr.  Keiser in an interview said that no human trial has been done yet and that anyone who self experiments in this stage must be out of his mind....

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,981 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:49 PM

Well, some people are already injecting FOXO, so the genie is out of the bottle. http://foxo4dri.com/about/ Moore knows he is taking a risk. 

#5 Rocket

• 1,070 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:06 AM

Well, some people are already injecting FOXO, so the genie is out of the bottle. http://foxo4dri.com/about/ Moore knows he is taking a risk.

Moore also isn't 30 years old like some of the people taking FOXO.

So who make the fake before and after pic? If that is on his website then he is the 1000% totally untrustworthy.
  • Good Point x 1

#6 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,981 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:34 PM

The website picture caption indicates that the picture is a simulation of age reversal.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 OP2040

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

Ya that pic is quite ridiculous, but it's a little but disingenuous to post it as any kind of example, considering this comparison is also on his website (see attached file)

To me, there is clearly more hair in the second pic.  Having said that, I think Darren takes more supplements than Ray Kurzweil, and he does look quite young for his age (52?) IMO, so I'm not sure how much we can derive from his example.

Attached Files

#8 Rocket

• 1,070 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:28 AM

People who are losing hair look horrible when they let it grow out like the left picture. Cutting short and styling the hair can actually make it look fuller.

So where are the before and after facial pics? Where is the blood work before and after? Mainly I would be interested in egfr since it declines with age. Where is that at?

I don't see anything I can't find on a hair loss forum about rogaine, which I use and it works great.
  • Agree x 2

#9 OP2040

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:21 PM

People who are losing hair look horrible when they let it grow out like the left picture. Cutting short and styling the hair can actually make it look fuller.

So where are the before and after facial pics? Where is the blood work before and after? Mainly I would be interested in egfr since it declines with age. Where is that at?

I don't see anything I can't find on a hair loss forum about rogaine, which I use and it works great.

No one is running a clinical trial here, so you have to take whatever people provide.  He actually does have some testing comparisons on his site.  The pic I posted clearly shows more hair on the right, even if it is styled or cut. 

I'm all for skepticism, but you seem just as biased in one direction as those who will accept any evidence.  Also, lets keep in mind that this isn't about one individual.   We will end up with a number of disparate data points after more people test, and it will really be up to us as individuals to decide what it all means for them.

I do wish someone would do blood tests, or use markers for an actual age-related disease.  But the problem seems to be that people on this board are too healthy.  I'm sure Darren has excellent blood work, so he uses a methylation test, which I think is perfectly reasonable. 

• Agree x 1

#10 Rocket

• 1,070 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:17 PM

No one is running a clinical trial here, so you have to take whatever people provide.  He actually does have some testing comparisons on his site.  The pic I posted clearly shows more hair on the right, even if it is styled or cut. 

I'm all for skepticism, but you seem just as biased in one direction as those who will accept any evidence.  Also, lets keep in mind that this isn't about one individual.   We will end up with a number of disparate data points after more people test, and it will really be up to us as individuals to decide what it all means for them.

I do wish someone would do blood tests, or use markers for an actual age-related disease.  But the problem seems to be that people on this board are too healthy.  I'm sure Darren has excellent blood work, so he uses a methylation test, which I think is perfectly reasonable. 

1. You can be healthy and older and still get positive results in blood work!!! EGFR declines with age.... A healthy 55yo is going to have a different EGFR than a healthy 28yo. 

You ABSOUTELY can be healthy and get positive changes in your blood work if the stuff is real!!! If your 55yo EGFR value goes up to the value of a healthy 30yo, that is a positive result in a healthy person.

2. The hair pics are a SCAM and TOTAL LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The pic on the left is "Day 7" and the pic on the right is "Day 25" according to the guy taking the stuff. HUMAN HAIR DOES NOT GROW THAT FAST IN 2 WEEKS. PERIOD. DOUBLE PERIOD! You are all being fooled by an attention seeker.

Not even a 12yo has hair that grows that fast!!! Hair grows about 0.5" per month and that's it. The pics clearly show SEVERAL months of hair growth.

Anyone who believes anything this guy is publishing needs to buy my swamp land in Arizona that I am selling dirt cheap.

The guy is a liar.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#11 OP2040

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:42 PM

The guy is not a liar.  The most he can be accused of is being sloppy, but outside of a clinical setting we are all going to look somewhat sloppy.

I see hair growth.  Since nothing else would cause hair growth that fast either, then to what do we attribute the hair growth?  I'd sooner believe the days are wrong than that it is some conspiracy.  I'm open to the idea that I'm seeing things that I want to see, but I've revisited it with that in mind, and I still see significant hair growth. 

I do not necessarily believe anything he is saying, nor am I invested in it, because he is merely one data point.  But rather than throw the whole thing in the trash bin as it seems like you want to do, I simply think we need more data points.

Do you really want this to stop in it's tracks?  Aren't you at least curious?

• Disagree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: proxofim (foxo4), anti-aging, proxofim, aging, nmn, resveratrol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users