UK laws on importation - Advice needed

uk laws importing substances legality hm customs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:46 AM

I am really confused about the laws on importing nootropics to UK.  I have taken advice from some knowledgeable members of this board and would like to see if supplementation could help me where my usual medical care has failed a bit, as well as improving what I do have. As far as I understand, I will be okay to import into the UK as long as I only have a 1 - 3 month supply of whatever it is I'm taking. I would like to try to get hold of the following:

1. Centrophenoxine - This is the one that I'm really confused and worried about, as some sites deem it prescription only and I don't want to incur a custom's fee or worse, a trip to court. Other places seem to imply that I will be okay importing small amounts of it to UK to help my own brain.
  2. Ellagic Acid - This looks like it is okay but I am mentioning it just in case there is something that someone knows that I don't.
  3. Apigenin - Again, looks okay but I want to make sure.
  4. Milk thistle - As far as I know, this is perfectly fine in UK. I have found it sold everywhere and will possibly just buy it from Amazon.

I have spent over an hour trying to understand whether or not I can import these things and I'm still not that clear on it. I would be very grateful if someone who understands our clear as mud rules and regulations on drugs and supplements could wade in and explain whether or not I am legally able to do what I intend to do. Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by Droplet, 07 April 2018 - 10:51 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uk laws, importing substances, legality, hm customs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users