• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Shall we get this (KLOTHO) made and shipped already?

klotho

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ovidus

• 131 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:27 AM

The structure of Klotho is fully uncovered

https://www.scienced...80329190845.htm

Can this be easily produced and injected?

This is big, no?

#2 OP2040

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:46 PM

Klotho has always been big in potential, but so far nothing actionable.  Maybe this does move things along, or maybe it's nothing.  Would be great to hear from the usual boffins and procurers.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:45 PM

This can't be easily produced. It's a protein, not a small polypeptide.

In this paper, they induced a special type of cell to produce it in tissue culture and purified it with many steps, finally obtaining a tiny amount.

You could get a lab to do it for you, but my guess is that a dose would end up in the $100K range.

#4 OP2040

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

That is disappointing.   For now, I guess we're stuck with trying to increase it through other methods.  But even there, I don't see much other than the usual things like exercise. 

On the other hand, the latest news on Klotho has shown that it's beneficial effects (in mice) can be induced with just one part of the Klotho protein.  If a protein is hard to make because of it's size, maybe this fragment will solve that problem.

https://www.scienced...70808150006.htm

http://www.cell.com/...07?showall=true

smithx, since you seem quite knowledgeable, maybe you can comment on whether this would be easier to synthesize?  The study posted above is open-source so no need for sci-hub.

#5 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:53 PM

maybe you can comment on whether this would be easier to synthesize?  The study posted above is open-source so no need for sci-hub.

Unfortunately it would not be easier.

Klotho is 1014 amino acids and the recombinant α-klotho fragment αKL-F is 35–982, which is only 67 shorter.

One big difference between proteins and small polypeptides is that the proteins have tertiary structure, which means that the way the chain folds up is what's important. Some or many proteins could fold in several ways and end up in the right or functional shape because of the presence of other compounds called chaperones that are present within special compartments within the cell in which their folding is monitored.

So while you can produce short chains of polypeptides via synthesis, anything bigger that crosses the threshold into being a protein is still to my knowledge produced only via cells in cell culture, and is therefore very expensive to get on a custom basis because the entire model has to be set up and tested, and then the protein has to be purified from the medium.
  • Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#6 OP2040

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

smithx thanks for all the great feedback, I'm not giving up yet.  A recent study showed that a mysterious "compound H" increases Klotho levels and all the usual benefits and even a mechanism has been identified.  Here are two recent studies that discuss "Compound H"

https://onlinelibrar...1111/acel.12762

https://pdfs.semanti...5ca88c85747.pdf

Here we discovered novel molecular mechanism for induction of Kl expression with a small molecule ‘Compound H’, N-(2-chlorophenyl)-1H-indole-3-caboxamide

Does the referenced molecule mean anything to you? 

I found it listed for sale with various vendors, but there is no information at all on it aside from the usual expensive price.

Edited by OP2040, 23 April 2018 - 12:26 PM.

#7 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:59 PM

I have done a lot of research on Klotho. Klotho is definitely an anti aging protein. But there is no pills to take. 

Maintaining good cellular health with NR will help maintain Klotho levels.

Gaba has also been shown to increase Klotho levels. 

• Needs references x 2

#8 OP2040

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

I have done a lot of research on Klotho. Klotho is definitely an anti aging protein. But there is no pills to take. 

Maintaining good cellular health with NR will help maintain Klotho levels.

Gaba has also been shown to increase Klotho levels. 

I'll forgive your constant pimping of NR because in this case you are correct, though I'm an NMN user ;)

Also, thanks for the tip on GABA, I was totally unaware of that study.

#9 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:02 PM

I'll forgive your constant pimping of NR because in this case you are correct, though I'm an NMN user ;)

Also, thanks for the tip on GABA, I was totally unaware of that study.

NAD+ is a master regulator of all aspect of aging and health. It will be very difficult to talk about anti aging without making reference to it. I firmly believe people should stop all supplements and start with NAD+ precursors first. Then add other supplements as required. NAD+ precursors will retire tons of worthless supplements and useful supplements too.
  • Needs references x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 07:10 PM

@OP2040 @Ovidus @ortcloud

Just following up, did you ever start taking klotho? I just started taking it.

Edited by ortcloud, 07 August 2021 - 07:11 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: klotho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users