Vitamin D receptor agonist

vitamin d

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

whats the best way to increase Vitamin D besides taking a vitamin d supplement, changing diet  or being out in the sun? Is there any supplements or drugs that are agonist on the vitamin d receptor?

#2 baccheion

• 154 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:49 PM

Forskolin increases VDR sensitivity.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Nietzsche

• 46 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:17 AM

So you're trying to increase vitamin D receptor activity without increasing serum vitamin D levels? I'm curious as to why... are you trying to treat a specific inflammatory condition?

I don't know of a supplement that acts as a VDR agonist. Forskolin MAY increase VDR throughput (the data on that is also unimpressive and minimal in quantity). I'm also unsure if that would be clinically relevant. You need something to bind to the receptor regardless of how sensitive it is.

Being in the sun sometimes feels nice ;) I'd give it a try, in modest doses.

Edited by Nietzsche, 20 April 2018 - 12:21 AM.

#4 Galaxyshock

• 1,468 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:09 PM

I think Jiaogulan increases vitamin D synthesis in response to sun exposure while at the same time protecting from the harmful effects of radiation. Overall great herb too.

#5 Galaxyshock

• 1,468 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:25 AM

Whereas caffeine might be bad thing for this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/17223552

#6 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:10 PM

my low vitamin D seems to be down to a condition where im having issues absorbing the vit D rather than the actual sources. I have been taking 10k IU vitaminD  daily still low vitamin D levels.... 

Anyone know if there is a condition were you have trouble absorbing vitamin D? and how can I fix this? Are there any more supplements to increase vitamin D that have not been mentioned yet?

#7 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:07 PM

does Hydrolyzed collagen protein help with vitamin d levels/skin?

#8 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:40 PM

my low vitamin D seems to be down to a condition where im having issues absorbing the vit D rather than the actual sources. I have been taking 10k IU vitaminD daily still low vitamin D levels....
Anyone know if there is a condition were you have trouble absorbing vitamin D? and how can I fix this? Are there any more supplements to increase vitamin D that have not been mentioned yet?

I assume your already taking your Vitamin D with a high fat meal for absorption?

#9 baccheion

• 154 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:57 AM

my low vitamin D seems to be down to a condition where im having issues absorbing the vit D rather than the actual sources. I have been taking 10k IU vitaminD daily still low vitamin D levels....

There are many. You can also check parathyroid hormone level. Magnesium deficiency can impair vitamin D conversion. What are the before and after serum levels at 10,000 IU? How long did you take such an amount?

Many usually just increase vitamin D intake until they're within a desired range (commonly 40-60 ng/mL 25(OH)D). That is, keep adding 5,000-10,000 IU until you've found an appropriate dose.

#10 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2019 - 11:38 PM

what if you took Calcifediol the vitamin d active form (drug) would it work better? topical or orally.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:02 PM

Are there anything that increase the conversion of vitamin d  and vitamin d2 to their active form ? surely theres something

Edited by farshad, 12 December 2019 - 08:03 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamin d

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users