Why is Niagen better than NR ?

niagen nad

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 dimez1

• 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:41 PM

Hey guys,

I was wondering why all the brands are selling Niagen licensed by Chromadex and not pure NR ?

I know that Niagen refers to NR-chloride which is the salt of NR and with my little knowledge in chemistry I can guess that the preservation of NR-Cl might be superior than NR.

1) Is it dramatically more sustainable ? because after all NR is found in the milk which is warm and liquid (opposite to cold and dry optimal conditions)

2) Are there other advantages that Niagen has over NR ?

I hope someone with better chemistry skills can enlighten me !

Thanks  :)

#2 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:11 PM

I don't know more than you do. The reason was most likely to make NR more stable. Since all mice studies and human trials used Niagen, we don't know if pure NR will have the same effect.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#3 dimez1

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:57 AM

I don't know more than you do. The reason was most likely to make NR more stable. Since all mice studies and human trials used Niagen, we don't know if pure NR will have the same effect.

In theory they should have the exact same effect on human body as NR-Chloride like any other salt will decompose into NR + Cl instantly when in contact with H2O solution (saliva, stomach).

#4 TMNMK

• 170 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

In theory they should have the exact same effect on human body as NR-Chloride like any other salt will decompose into NR + Cl instantly when in contact with H2O solution (saliva, stomach).

yep, and they would. Simply for purifcation via recrystallization, stability, and distribution.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: niagen, nad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users