Huge motivation and mood boost at 10pm?

boost mood night evening. cortisol

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Grandmaster

• 217 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:29 PM

Hello

Since 2 years ago i started to notice an interesting phenomena. I discontiuned drinking coffee 2 months ago and energy drinks over 7 months ago since both gave me only mood swings and anxiety. Currently im dosing daily magnesimum citrate and chlorate,  vitamin C and guarana(2x 500mg tablets, 100mg of caffeine, it gives me clear stimulation without anxiety). I had been tested for lyme disease, hypoglycemia, vitamins deficiency etc but only issue that im probably dealing with is a histamine intolerance. Im currently using supplement with DAO that helps histamine intolerance and i try to avoid all foods high in histamine. Anyway whatever i eat or drink or do during the day i start to get this powerful mood and energy boost always at 10pm and i have often low energy and lack of motivation during the day. What could be the reason? I thought it may be a cortisol issue but since taking pregnenolone(first 2 weeks great motivation and other mood boost but later only placebo/brainfog),ashvagandha and phosphatidylserine in the past gave me only brainfog -  im not sure. Histamine intolerance often can cause mood swings and lack of energy but i experienced mentioned phenomena even when my histamine intake was over the roof

#2 Dichotohmy

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:33 PM

I've read your other threads about this topic and along with this one, you are describing a phenomenon known as diurnal rhythm. The phenomenon is also known as diurnal variation of mood as a psychiatric terminology.

The bottom line in whatever you want to call the phenomenon is that you are going to have periods the day in which you feel markedly better or worse, and there are a number of theorized causes for this variation. Diurnal variation is heavily linked to the cortisol rhythm abnormalities, so you are on the right track to look at that as a possible cause, but the phenomenon is also correlated from everything to leptin and feeding and fasting, to immune syndromes (often feeling worse in the morning and better at night), to things as vague as stress and early childhood trauma.

I think the bottom line to diurnal rhythm or variation problems is that it comes down to HPAA dysregulation, which both explains the extremely wide variety of symptoms and variety of possible causes. Unfortunately, YMMV big time when it comes to trying to treat HPAA dysregulation and the vast majority of medical professionals don't know or don't care for treating the underlying problem either. If you can incorporate your diurnal-rhythm-type abnormal symptoms along with some other symptoms that better fall under the envelope of a more common diagnosis, that will be more helpful for seeking doctor help or to find some other treatment yourself.

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:47 AM

I've read your other threads about this topic and along with this one, you are describing a phenomenon known as diurnal rhythm. The phenomenon is also known as diurnal variation of mood as a psychiatric terminology.

The bottom line in whatever you want to call the phenomenon is that you are going to have periods the day in which you feel markedly better or worse, and there are a number of theorized causes for this variation. Diurnal variation is heavily linked to the cortisol rhythm abnormalities, so you are on the right track to look at that as a possible cause, but the phenomenon is also correlated from everything to leptin and feeding and fasting, to immune syndromes (often feeling worse in the morning and better at night), to things as vague as stress and early childhood trauma.

I think the bottom line to diurnal rhythm or variation problems is that it comes down to HPAA dysregulation, which both explains the extremely wide variety of symptoms and variety of possible causes. Unfortunately, YMMV big time when it comes to trying to treat HPAA dysregulation and the vast majority of medical professionals don't know or don't care for treating the underlying problem either. If you can incorporate your diurnal-rhythm-type abnormal symptoms along with some other symptoms that better fall under the envelope of a more common diagnosis, that will be more helpful for seeking doctor help or to find some other treatment yourself.

Thanks you for your answer. So i was thinking its a cortisol rhythm abnormalitiy and tried to deal with it myself with ashvagandha and PS but that gave me only brainfog as i wrote in my first post.

"phenomenon is also correlated from everything to leptin and feeding" it makes a lot of sense since my mind is not getting foggy after eating anything at night, interestingly when cortisol has its lowest level. 

When i mentioned it may be a cortisol issue  at my last doctor visit after which i made glucose, urine, potasium blood test he didnt even gave me one for the cortisol and  even havent considered it as a possible root of a problem. 

When i dose my daily stack(guarana,magnesimum chlorate/citrate,vitamin C) especially with doubled amount of magnesium citrate supplement(so 280mg of pure mangnesium citrate and 10mg of vitamin b6) i feel much better and my mood is more stable - both vitamin C and magnesimum work like anti-histamine supplement so thats a big clue but also i have read that large doses of vitamin C(1-2g) make cortisol levels lower - seems logical. Also caffeine/energy drinks release histamine so only mood swings and anxiety without positive effects are additional proofs of histamine intolerance diagnosis.

Lets guess thats exactly the diurnal variation of mood -  how can i try to fix it myself? Lithium orotate? I heard that in 5mg doses it can balance your circadian rhythm. Also im considering switching guarana to a even more mood-friendly stimulant(as it contains some caffeine..).

#4 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:31 AM

That's worrying I have this too

#5 Painkillerrr

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:52 PM

in the evening serotonin levels rise naturally in the brain

#6 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:16 PM

in the evening serotonin levels rise naturally in the brain

I was thinking about it but taking l-tryptophan(to rise serotonin level) before sleep in my case caused severe brainfog in the morning...

#7 dopaminerush

• 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

As i said in previous topic man, i have it too very disgusting shit. And ssris working. Wellbutrin working. Nac-ritalin- sulbutiamine combo is working too. A lot of shit going in body but doctors not looking at those things they are just giving studied drugs. May be its not depression but it looks like depression from outside and drugs work. 

here they say diurnal cortisol :

https://www.diapedia...a-abnormalities

btw you cant get dopaminergic benefits from serotonergic drugs and supplements immediately like stimulans.they should be in your system continuously for weeks,months. They work from a very different way. In fact they are dopaminergic drugs,

as i understand,  they are blocking dopamine,emotions,every dopaminergic function but  body giving a homeostasy reaction to this blaockade, after weeks your dopaminergic enjoyment  pathways are fixing themselfs because of this blockage and you are getting anti-anhedonic dopaminergic effect from these drugs. They can fix a lot of emotions but at the same time continue to block some and it depends on your response to drug. as i said i got that huge happy feeeling from escitalopram in the morning!. it stabilized my mood to that night feeling.  

These are classic depression pathophysiology. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4437603/

https://www.diapedia...a-abnormalities

#8 YOLF

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:59 PM

Coffee can be serotonergic to the extreme depending on how much you're drinking, it can also speed up gastric emptying, which can change the composition of what you're body is running on.

Energy drinks often contain food colorings that can throw your mood around, Particularly red 40, yellow 5, and 6. But there are others.

Try caffeine pills, I got a good deal on some that are just caffeine in capsules... also got some bad deals on caffeine which used things that were food allergens in them which can be dangerous in combination with caffeine. 

Mild food allergies will also explain to a significant extent, the variation in your mood (allergy = negative) as healthy foods you aren't allergic to (positive mood boosting). Allergy foods can also cause delayed and mixed reactions which can get complicated.

#9 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

Coffee can be serotonergic to the extreme depending on how much you're drinking, it can also speed up gastric emptying, which can change the composition of what you're body is running on.

Energy drinks often contain food colorings that can throw your mood around, Particularly red 40, yellow 5, and 6. But there are others.

Try caffeine pills, I got a good deal on some that are just caffeine in capsules... also got some bad deals on caffeine which used things that were food allergens in them which can be dangerous in combination with caffeine. 

Mild food allergies will also explain to a significant extent, the variation in your mood (allergy = negative) as healthy foods you aren't allergic to (positive mood boosting). Allergy foods can also cause delayed and mixed reactions which can get complicated.

I got several hundred 200mg pure caffeine pills for free year ago and it always gave me no productive energy but mood swings and brainfog... caffeine itself works like a histamine "releaser' so thats my hypothesis why it worked in that way. If this post was answer to me of course. Also long term caffeine use rise cortisol level so it wouldnt be nice if the problem is connected to some cortisol rhythm deregulation.

#10 YOLF

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:56 PM

Can you list the other ingredients in the free caffeine pills? I've had brainfog and other toxic feeling effects happen with some brands and not others. Turned out to be food chemical sensitivities and allergenic excipients with every one of them.

Also make sure you aren't taking more than your genetics allow. If you've had 23andme done, you'll be able to take that information and get a pretty good idea of how well you metabolize it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Lurker

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:44 PM

Have you tried a low-histamine diet?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boost, mood, night, evening., cortisol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users