Use of Acacetin as an Maoi-B Inhibitor

maoib adhd flavone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Silverstudy

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:21 AM

Hello, I have been doing some research into finding the best natural Maoi-B inhibitor, after stumbling across a couple peer revied studies I'm not sure which one is accurate. One study found the IC50 inhibition of Maoi-b by Acacetin 0.049 μM.

(Acacetin inhibited MAO-A and -B with IC50 values of 0.121 and 0.049 μM, respectively, which indicates a more preferential inhibition by acacetin of MAO-B over MAO-A ) 

, However, I found an older study which shows the  IC50 inhibition of Maoi-b by Acacetin is 2460 μ

(flavonoids were isolated and identified as acacetin (I), 5,7-dihydroxy chromone (IlL diosmetin (III), apigenin (IV), eriodictyol (V) and luteolin (VI). IC5owere determined as following: I, 2.46; II, 0.19; III, 2.11 mM, and the others show- ed weak inhibition). 

I'm also curious about the practicality of it working in a human application.  

I'm interested in the application for helping focus since I have ADHD. 

Any input on this topic could be useful 

Chaurasiya ND, Gogineni V, Elokely KM, et al. Isolation of Acacetin from Calea urticifolia with Inhibitory Properties against Human Monoamine Oxidase-A and -B. Journal of Natural Products. 2016;79(10):2538-2544. doi:10.1021/acs.jnatprod.6b00440.

Han YN, Noh DB, Han DS. Studies on the monoamine oxidase inhibitors of medicinal plants I. Isolation of MAO-B inhibitors fromChrysanthemum indicum. Archives of Pharmacal Research. 1987;10(2):142-147. doi:10.1007/bf02857780.

#2 YOLF

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:29 AM

Hmmm... Apigenin and luteolin have life extension properties. MAOI-B inhibitors can increase brown adipose tissue. What about the rest of these? They are new to me. What was this an extract of?

Edited by YOLF, 01 May 2018 - 01:30 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Silverstudy

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:01 AM

Direct from Wikipedia

(Acacetin is an O-methylated flavone found in Robinia pseudoacacia (black locust), Turnera diffusa (damiana),[1] Betula pendula (silver birch),[2] and in the fern Asplenium normale.[3.)

Some supplement companies sources say it's from Turnera Diffusa (Damiana), Alibaba bulk sources say it's isolated from Acacia Farnesiana. 

I'm mainly looking for psychotropic effects to help with focus.  It's marketed as an aromatase inhibitor which bodybuilders use but I haven't seen any application for its other properties. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maoib, adhd, flavone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users