Anxiety and SNP Mutations...

#anxiety #tics #comt #cbs #bhmt

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 monoracer33

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:26 AM

Have a history of panic and anxiety issues. I did a SNP test and found the following mutations:

Gene Mutations: MTRR A66G +/+, COMT H62H +/+ Hetero, MTHFR A1298C +/- Hetero MTRR R415T +/-, MTRR 11 +/- Hetero, BHMT 2 +/- Hetero, BHMT 4 +/- Hetero, BHMT 8 +/- Hetero, CBS A360A +/- Hetero, COMT V158M +/- Hetero, VDR Taq1 +/-, NOS D298E +/- and ACAT/ 1-02 +/-

I have found that Molybdenum (around 500 mcg)  and P-5-P (17 mg) seems to help. It does reduce my shoulder tics. Also, I am taking Hyrodxyl B12 1500 mcg, Lithium Orotate 5mg and Vitamin D3+K2 and Thorne trace minerals. I still have anxiety though and am sure now that something is causing high glutamate levels in my body. I am wondering what I could do to based on SNP mutations. Viral overload, SIBO and fatigue is persistent.

Edit: Also, taking Sulphur foods causes me stomach distress with foul gas and foods high in Sulphur cause anxiety. 

Please help.

Thanks  

Edited by monoracer33, 03 May 2018 - 08:28 AM.

• like x 1

#2 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

• Try low dosage (25mg) Pregabalin for glutamate. Increase dosage until it helps.
  • Check genes associated with panic disorder in Malacards at http://www.malacards...r#related_genes and clinvar database.
  • Check cortisol levels and hormone levels in general. Pregnenolone might help.

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 monoracer33

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:11 PM

Thank you world33. The list of genes associated with Anxiety in the link you provided is really helpful.  I need to better get a whole SNP gene sequencing done. I am sure my COMT homozygous mutation is expressed as I react to any foods high in estrogen, Phenols, bioflavonids etc..Also my urine levels of Adrenaline, PEA and Norephiniphrine were also high.. I welcome any other suggestions as well

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:03 PM

Dante labs for WGS out of the US. Genos.co within the US.

Ashwagandha for high cortisol/stress and anxiety. Tandospirone or Buspirone if you have any mutation in the 5-HT1A gene.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users