If $$ was not an option

supplements

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:30 PM

If $$ Was not an option what would you or Supplement arsenal look like?

#2 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:30 PM

NR/NMN starting out at 2 gr/day, then tapering down to find the lowest effective dose

MItoq - 20 gr/day 

Cycloastragenol 98% 25 mg/day 

various bioflavanoids like quercetin, rutin, fisetin, lycopene, etc 

pint of fresh blueberries/day 

king salmon filet 2- 3/week (flown in fresh from alaska)

fresh broccoli sprouts

fresh sunflower sprouts 

thats all that comes to mind 

Edited by Phoebus, 07 June 2018 - 11:32 PM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:26 AM

Fun topic. Oh but I honestly don't think I'd change anything diet and supplement related. A plant based whole foods diet consistently focused on leafy greens, crucifers, a wide variety of local, organic, freshly sourced vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts and seeds is about as good as it gets for now. Until more data emerges, we'll muddle along eating the things we know are healthy. I'd continue buying the latest harvest, highest polyphenol extra virgin olive oil I can find. It's not that expensive.

I'd only keep supplementing the basics not RDA covered by my vegan diet. If you don't document what you actually eat day in and day out, how do you even know what supplements you need? Pretty boring, I guess, but I remain disappointed by lack of evidence for any woo-pill currently available to extend healthy human lifespan.

With the money, I'd save for the upcoming clinical treatments, which I believe will significantly extend our life extension. They'll be costly at first, and I think effectively targeted, low-side effect senolytics will be the first real groups of interventions available.

If I had unlimited funds for anything, I'd donate to SENS. I fantasize about winning the lottery and giving a big chunk away to help the baby young science of life extension movement. I'd probably enroll in one of the blood transfusion self-funded studies, or maybe the thymus regeneration trial by Greg Fahy.

I'd definitely be full on guinea pigging it for George Church's group -- CRISPR or zinc finger genetic engineering, or whatever they're dreaming. Altering my genes is what I want -- I'm done with breathing air, eating food, obeying gravity, being hidebound and sad without gnarly feathers to soar away on and out of here, off to see cruise other solar systems in my radiation protected body. Yeah, more of that and less of any metabolic tinkering vitamin supplements. Give me the stars and the moons.
  • Well Written x 2
  • Agree x 2

#4 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

If $$ Was not an option what would you or Supplement arsenal look like?

The amounts would surely not only be the tiny fraction they are, compared to the expensive items in your stack. But the already outrageous 50.000;- € spend on mine due to chronic disease during the last 10 years, and being only able to work part-time, kept me broke. :sad:

What isn't one's health worth? Priceless when it is lacking. For me it worked to reverse a 60% walking-disability from PAD.

Beside, I could afford such expensive tests like the NutriEval, get more IVs and could afford an assortment of technical gadget, like for example first an home infrared-sauna.  :-D

Give me the stars and the moons.

Just gimme good health. And enjoy the sun, stars and the moon where they are now.

Edited by pamojja, 08 June 2018 - 04:49 PM.

• Agree x 1

#5 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

I agree about high dose NMN to start. Then consider adding N.R. depending on results (I have already tried relatively high dose N.R.). Then, I would trial MitoQ at the 20 mg dose, or higher depending on the opinion I get after talking with or meeting the developers in N.Z.. I would consider some form of Myers cocktail infusion protocol, even if it is just Vitamin C.

After research, I would consider stem cell treatments, and blood infusions. I would also consider adding other nutrients/supplements at higher doses, but also things like cycloastragenol which I have not researched due to cost. I would try to meet with Dr. Green about his Rapa protocol, and hopefully talk to Blaggoskloni.

I would get full genetic testing, comprehensive hormone testing, brain evaluation and other labwork. I would get treatment to optimize my hormones.

I would create a hardware based home health room. Definitely the lowest EMF infrared sauna. A custom flotation room. (Custom to exclude all sound penetration) I floated about 3 times a week at a well built health location for several months, and loved it. A cold treatment setup be it ice dip or some other technology. I would consider an Adaptive Resistance Exercise (ARX) machine. (Heck now that I think about it I would try to meet Asprey and others to get an honest money no object recommended setup)

#6 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:32 PM

I agree about high dose NMN to start. Then consider adding N.R. depending on results (I have already tried relatively high dose N.R.). Then, I would trial MitoQ at the 20 mg dose, or higher depending on the opinion I get after talking with or meeting the developers in N.Z.. I would consider some form of Myers cocktail infusion protocol, even if it is just Vitamin C.

After research, I would consider stem cell treatments, and blood infusions. I would also consider adding other nutrients/supplements at higher doses, but also things like cycloastragenol which I have not researched due to cost. I would try to meet with Dr. Green about his Rapa protocol, and hopefully talk to Blaggoskloni.

I would get full genetic testing, comprehensive hormone testing, brain evaluation and other labwork. I would get treatment to optimize my hormones.

I would create a hardware based home health room. Definitely the lowest EMF infrared sauna. A custom flotation room. (Custom to exclude all sound penetration) I floated about 3 times a week at a well built health location for several months, and loved it. A cold treatment setup be it ice dip or some other technology. I would consider an Adaptive Resistance Exercise (ARX) machine. (Heck now that I think about it I would try to meet Asprey and others to get an honest money no object recommended setup)

My insurance actually covers me to get 2 IV infusions/week of Vitamin C,B’s, magnesium,etc... I need to start doing that again. I was reading up on Rapamycin And it seems interesting but I wonder what affects the inhibition of mTOR will have on igf levels and muscle mass.

Edited by John250, 08 June 2018 - 08:35 PM.

#7 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:48 PM

Good point about Rapa. Thing is that those who are taking it who report here seem to have exercise benefits. I have not seen mention of muscle mass loss. I have also read a study which seemed to show that Rapa is not a total inhibitor of the complex mTORC1 process. It is on my potential list, but I have a few years to wait and see others long term results.

"Because many important features of TOR signaling are conserved between yeast and mammals, our finding that mTORC1 possesses cell-essential but rapamycin-resistant functions is unexpected. At the same time, our results indicate that the requirements for TORC1 signaling in maintaining protein synthesis and promoting cell division are more similar between yeast and mammalian systems than had been appreciated. Although we have focused on the rapamycin-insensitive regulation of 4E-BP1, we consider it likely that other similar mTORC1 substrates exist, particularly among the regulators of autophagy. The future combined use of Torin1 and phosphoproteomics will likely permit a more comprehensive assessment of all mTOR substrates. Given the current enthusiasm for rapamycin as a potential therapeutic, it is likely that ATP-competitive inhibitors of mTOR will have clinical utility as well."

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2658096/

#8 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:55 PM

What dosing protocol would you use? It seems pretty easy to get I just worry about the Immunosuppressive effects.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:14 AM

John250, I do not know. I would look to Dr. Green's work, which is along the lines that members comment about for themselves in Rapa threads.

https://www.longecit...-21#entry850429

https://www.longecit...-noticed/page-3

Here is one:

DOB:  7-26-46  Male, 177 lbs., 71", Rapamycin 6 mg. once weekly for 16 months, (no side effects) Metformin 1000 mg. daily, N+R 1.5 gm of each + 15 gm Stearic Acid twice weekly, 5 mg Statin, Crestor daily. (will stop statin in 3 more months and get another lipid profile) BP 110-120/65-75. (measure daily)  Resting heart rate (52-56).  B/P and Cholesterol have dropped as I have lost weight.  No longer take B/P medication.  Have lost 20 lbs last 12 months.  Believe the combination of Rapa and Metformin helped.  Took 2000 mg  Metformin split into 2 daily doses until I lost 20 lbs, then back to 1000 mg daily.  Really lowered blood sugar and urge to eat also.

Lab results 4-23-18: TC 130, LDL 74, HDL 43, Trigliceride 85,  Creatinine .5, GFR 108,(reduced kidney function is a major hallmark of ageing) Glucose 100, HbA1c 5.5 from 6.4 9 months ago. CBC within normal limits.

Had an arthritic rt. hip, no longer.  Can walk for many miles without any pain. Believe the rapa stops or slows down the arthritis deterioration.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users