Need Good Drug Stack ADHD-Primarily Inattentive

need drug stack

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:52 PM

Hi everyone, I'm a college Student at SJSU, I'm currently restarting up on concerta after being threatened on my job. In reality I'm being discriminated aganist unfortunately, I need this housing and pay that this job provides me. Currently I'm starting up on  at 18 MG of concerta, 1 hour workouts and 2 protein shakes a day. I toke a drug time off to reset my tolerance level, which has worked. I'm looking for the correct drug stack, so I can afford myself the ability to function as near normal as possible. Unfortunately concerta has devastating social side effects which don't allow me to manage my social relationships as well as I'd like to. Thus I'm looking to start up on this, OMEGA 3 DHP  AND EPA OILS, with VB6, VB16, supplements, along with potentially memantine as well. Here are my symptoms, I'm chronically forgetful and lose things, I cutt people off in mid sentences, anxiety, high energy requirements to start tasks, inability to sustain interest over a long period of time. Being to blunt or saying to much, emotional dsyregulation results in blow ups and no way to control my rage when it builds. Chronic procrastinator and ability to delay gratification, chronically missing details which is damnaging my job big time, and allows neurtypicals to talk crap to me. My ability to listen is good, however I subconciously think for no reason, and I have excess thoughts, meaning I think and analyze anything to the point of insanity. I've no control over this, theirs just ALOT OF noise in my brain. In conclusion I've done blood tests and they all came back normal, except for an elevated VB16, I attribute to raised from eating lots of carrots.  Everyone describes me as high, because I', Chronically underaroused..I will probably be adding meditation into my practice today. I was able to maintain my routine for a while, through willpower.. Unfortunately I fatigue out, are their ways to increase willpower? Finally Amphetamines like dexerdrine, don't do much for me nor does coffee.. it messes with my testosterone levels and makes me jittery. I feel very weak on dexerdrine and it only allows me to be consistent. If I can fix my memory and my chronic INCONSISTENCY that's still evident have MONTHS of treatment then, I'd be 85% of neurotypical functioning. The 20% is lost due to social standing, which seems unfixable. Thanks for your time. I'm considering adding in both a psychologist and psychiatrist, so I can get the benefits of CBT.. It seems very expensive So I'm going to see if their are any other alternatives.

Edited by DrewMichael21, 14 June 2018 - 07:16 PM.

#2 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:08 PM

I have similar issues - brainfog is clouding me so I can't reply in depth though.

Check out the experimental diagnosis SCT:

https://en.wikipedia...cognitive_tempo

Does it ring a bell? If so, it could explain your issues, AND why Dexedrine doesn't work...

I suggest this regimen:

Evekeo (dextro-LEVO-Amphetamine)

Strattera (atomoxetine)

Intuniv (guanfacine)

Most people with these symptoms report that regular stimulants isn't enough - something more is needed, combinations seem to have the most effect.

I still haven't found anything that works, and, if you are one of us, then please note this - it's very hard to treat, and you have to dig in for the long run, and really put pretty much all of your time and effort into TREATMENT instead of other things - relationships, studies, work - these may not be possible to devote time to as well - not with this disease.

I mention it as well, because I could not accept this, and tried MORE than my best anyway - the result was utter burnout.

I'd hate to see someone else end up there.

PS: I would suggest you consider your studies to maybe have to take more time, more retests and such, then for others - if you are an SCT-er, the fatigue and the slow work output may become too much to overcome otherwise.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 MichaelFocus22

• Topic Starter
  • 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:48 PM

It's more than likely SKT, I'm not remotely surprised by it. I'm capable of functioning without medication it's just becoming increasingly obvious that in the real world, it's not going to cutt it. I've been able to function without it, rather I coped using addictions mechanisms to make my life tolerable. Living with this on my own, I could enjoy my day yet my work continues to punish me for it and minscule mistakes are perpetually occurring and it's building up over time. My studies won't take more time, I reccomend you don't be so pessimistic, doing so you limit yourself to the possibilities. The inherrent objective for myself, is to stabilize my situation, because things are spiralling out of control and I've barely been realizing it which is a trademark effect of this disorder. It's rather tasteless being on medication because I'm incapable of enjoying my day or anything within that day to  say the least. I definietly believe, the problem is a noneprehine dopamine malfunction rather than a dopamine malfunction otherwise, dexerdrine would work for me. Overall I've just become more and more of an asshole. Which is fine, so long as it pays my bills. In  conclusion you can have a life, just to a significantly lesser capacity than that of your peers. I've posted another link to a drug stack, can you examine it for me? It's within another thread, another trademark issue I have is face blindness, impaired sense of cordination, inability to remember set of instructions, perpetually missing details, and missing social cues, ect. I consider myself a high functionining individual however, unfortunately my life is feeling increasingly pointless. I feel as if I'd rather be a loser and be happy than be miserable and be a success. Keep in mind I toke 21 units 4 extracurriculars. So I'm above the norm, in the classical sense.I''l be posting my link after this work shift,it's just really affecting my work. If Im on the medication my social relations suffer, off the meds my work suffers which afflicts my life. Their remains no way to win.

#4 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

It's more than likely SKT, I'm not remotely surprised by it. I'm capable of functioning without medication it's just becoming increasingly obvious that in the real world, it's not going to cutt it. I've been able to function without it, rather I coped using addictions mechanisms to make my life tolerable. Living with this on my own, I could enjoy my day yet my work continues to punish me for it and minscule mistakes are perpetually occurring and it's building up over time. My studies won't take more time, I reccomend you don't be so pessimistic, doing so you limit yourself to the possibilities. The inherrent objective for myself, is to stabilize my situation, because things are spiralling out of control and I've barely been realizing it which is a trademark effect of this disorder. It's rather tasteless being on medication because I'm incapable of enjoying my day or anything within that day to  say the least. I definietly believe, the problem is a noneprehine dopamine malfunction rather than a dopamine malfunction otherwise, dexerdrine would work for me. Overall I've just become more and more of an asshole. Which is fine, so long as it pays my bills. In  conclusion you can have a life, just to a significantly lesser capacity than that of your peers. I've posted another link to a drug stack, can you examine it for me? It's within another thread.

Another trademark issue I have is face blindness, impaired sense of cordination, inability to remember set of instructions, perpetually missing details, and missing social cues, ect. I consider myself a high functionining individual however, unfortunately my life is feeling increasingly pointless. I feel as if I'd rather be a loser and be happy than be miserable and be a success. Keep in mind I toke 21 units 4 extracurriculars. So I'm above the norm, in the classical sense.I''l be posting my link after this work shift,it's just really affecting my work. If Im on the medication my social relations suffer, off the meds my work suffers which afflicts my life. Their remains no way to win.

Missing social cues, and face blindness (in particular) aren't trademark symptoms of SCT though - the fact that you also have some perceptual and coordination issues actually points towards the idea that you may have a threshold case of Autism Spectrum Disorder as a co-morbidity.

This is not uncommon - there's actually fresh data on this now, preliminary appraisals is that it's almost as common a co-morbidity as ADHD and Autism - i.e, quite common.

For what it's worth though, I have issues with coordination as well, but I figured that I have Dyspraxia/DCD as well as SCT, so if you don't feel the Autism clicks, then check that out as well.

Any ways, are you taking steps to get diagnosed? Or do you already have a diagnosis? It's fairly important, so that you can start your journey of finding effective medication, or at the very least, can get professional help in developing methods and tools that make it easier to perform studies and work.

BTW - off-topic, but do you get the dark humour regarding my screen-name and Avatar? = ) Bit of gallows-humour there, that I figure an SCT-er might appreciate!

Edited by Mind_Paralysis, 16 June 2018 - 11:26 AM.

#5 MichaelFocus22

• Topic Starter
  • 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:35 PM

Ofcourse, No I'm 100% positive that I don't have autism or aspergers syndrome. In fact I would love to have a disorder like that, at least I'd be able to get things done and have attention to detail. I've studied this disorder for years, now it's only been until recently that I've really had to take drastic measures,sense I'm now living on my own. Living the college life and being ambitious and managing high expectations within the bay area doesn't help the situation whatsoever. I was born with tourette syndrome as a child along with Classical ADHD-PI syndrome. I've never been able to stop thinking and I feel essentially trapped within my mind by information analysis paralysis. I do understand your picture and yes, it's pretty funny lol. People accuse me of me being high constantly when In fact I'm not, it's merely that they utterly bore me. I've managed to get through it through sheer will power and like you illustrated, it's very stressful and causes burnout. In conclusion, I'm ordering my stack today, locating a new psychologist/psychiatrist, doing damange control at my work, incorporating meditation regularly into my practice, and will work on CBT to improve emotional regulation. According to the definition of dsypraxia, it matches well with my symptoms, I've been able to improve it rather well through sheer will and development. To remind you, it probably stems from the damange caused by tourette syndrome, Like when I learned how to dance at first, it toke me twice as long as my peers. I still managed to do it. It's also interesting that tourette syndrome and parkinson disease by interconnected and their both related to a syndrome of dopamine.

#6 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

I just read that and I'm not convinced myself the OP has ADHD. it's my understanding that tourette syndrome has access dopamine, the opposite to ADHD. 

since serotonin and dopamine are mutually exclusive, the OP should try SSRI (starting at low dose) to mellow him down. I see a load of anxiety/aggressiveness here.

• Good Point x 1

#7 MichaelFocus22

• Topic Starter
  • 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:23 AM

SSRI'S wouldn't be particularly useful, since I'm ADHD-PI, it would make me way to mellow and I'd probably never get anything done. I'm currently ordering a stack and scheduling a new appointment with a new psychiatrist very soon. So I'll  be updating you on the Stack, when it comes about.

#8 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:16 AM

SSRI'S wouldn't be particularly useful, since I'm ADHD-PI, it would make me way to mellow and I'd probably never get anything done. I'm currently ordering a stack and scheduling a new appointment with a new psychiatrist very soon. So I'll  be updating you on the Stack, when it comes about.

Don't write them off that quickly - even Prof. Barkley has mentioned a few times that one should look into activating SSRI's, or SSRI's which help the most with ruminative thoughts (the inattention us SCT-ers have, are more similar to that found in PTSD and OCD patients).

The two drugs he's mentioned appear to be:

Fluoxetine (most stimulating)

Paroxetine (the greatest effect on rumination)

I've used an SSRI myself - Sertraline, however it was WITH a stimulant - Methylphenidate, to be accurate. In those conditions, it doesn't make you too mellow, it merely calms you down a bit, gets rid of the stimulant anxiety. I still had ruminative thoughts on Sert' though, even though it was improved, so I increased dosage slowly to 220 mg (beyond maximum) - at that level, then yes, I would say you become far too mellow, but that's a very high dosage.

And our friend Finn had a pretty good idea as well - a modern MAOI - would be activating as well as get rid of ruminative thoughts (some of them have effects, even if small, on ADHD, PTSD *and* OCD).

MOCLOBEMIDE - is the drug he suggested. Have a look into it - it's actually a lot safer than earlier MAOI's.

#9 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:06 AM

SSRI'S wouldn't be particularly useful, since I'm ADHD-PI, it would make me way to mellow and I'd probably never get anything done. I'm currently ordering a stack and scheduling a new appointment with a new psychiatrist very soon. So I'll be updating you on the Stack, when it comes about.

Maybe an SSRE like Agomelatine?

#10 MichaelFocus22

• Topic Starter
  • 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:52 AM

The first problem with taking both an SSRI and stimulant is that it counteracts the effect of the other, which would affect the overall effectiveness of the methylphenidate. While definietly true I would use a decrease in ruiminative thoughts, it seems counter-intuitive. My main goal is to create a stack that affords me about 80% of neurotypical functioning. I will be posting a more comprehensive post later on today. I've had alot of intense work shifts lately.

#11 MichaelFocus22

• Topic Starter
  • 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:30 AM

Ok I was finally able to more methylphenidate after a bunch of nonsense and a lot of dead end numbers with psychiatrists. Basically the problem with methyiphenidate is you trade off social life for producitivty which is fine, except being socially awkward doesn't really help anything. Especially due to the fact, that I'd like to get laid at some point, being 21 and single is pretty shit to say the least. Anyways, So this is the Beta-Neurostack if you will: I'll call it NORMIE:

1.36 MG Concerta 1 tablet a day with food 

2. Nordic Naturals Ultimate OMEGA 1 a day(Probably Placebo)

3. Pure Encapsulations B-complex-Plus 

4.  N-Acetly L Cysteine

I've been on the regimen for a day and haven't noticed anything really, I still feel the same at least attention wise. So my functioning needs to increase significantly for me to attain my ambitions. Ultimately I need to have a degree of realism. So my problem, is I'd like something that can sustain my focus, or at least make normal days less boring, this isn't really a good perspective. I'm open to suggestions I will definitely be incorporating some of the suggestions given above. Finally for any NOFAPS, it does NOTHING it's just broscience. I've done 250 days monk mode.  

Goal: Double BA/BS Political Science Economics DEAN LIST 3.75 For Both Semesters  + Part time job

Problem: Currently in a financial predicament, since I'm in the Silicon valley, so either I get an internship at google or I'm fucked. So I must find a way to boost my brain power further. I want to be godly again. :)

#12 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:53 AM

Ok I was finally able to more methylphenidate after a bunch of nonsense and a lot of dead end numbers with psychiatrists. Basically the problem with methyiphenidate is you trade off social life for producitivty which is fine, except being socially awkward doesn't really help anything. Especially due to the fact, that I'd like to get laid at some point, being 21 and single is pretty shit to say the least. Anyways, So this is the Beta-Neurostack if you will: I'll call it NORMIE:

4.  N-Acetly L Cysteine

I've been on the regimen for a day and haven't noticed anything really, I still feel the same at least attention wise. So my functioning needs to increase significantly for me to attain my ambitions. Ultimately I need to have a degree of realism. So my problem, is I'd like something that can sustain my focus, or at least make normal days less boring, this isn't really a good perspective. I'm open to suggestions I will definitely be incorporating some of the suggestions given above. Finally for any NOFAPS, it does NOTHING it's just broscience. I've done 250 days monk mode.  

Goal: Double BA/BS Political Science Economics DEAN LIST 3.75 For Both Semesters  + Part time job

Problem: Currently in a financial predicament, since I'm in the Silicon valley, so either I get an internship at google or I'm fucked. So I must find a way to boost my brain power further. I want to be godly again. :)

That's too much... Unless you truly achieve almost 80% remission of symptoms - believe me, I've tried... You can't expect to achieve such high effectiveness - so you must aim, and PLAN for a lower effectiveness.

Go for one or the other - since you're currently in an economic bind, I would aim for a part-time job as your main focus.

Btw - if you want to be optimal, Sleep is incredibly important - do you have any sleep-issues? Be prepared that if you time your stimulant-use incorrectly, it could cause sleep-disruption, which will lessen your performance substantially - many a regular ADHD-er reports this all the time: if they don't sleep right, the drugs just doesn't work.

If you have any issues with non-restful sleep, like me, then stims can quickly f*ck you up if you don't pay close attention.

If you suspect anything like that, then read up on Rest-Less Legs Syndrome and PLMD - Periodic Limb Movement Disorder.

https://en.wikipedia...vement_disorder

It might also be an idea to keep a medical diary here - day per day, what dosage, what effects (good, bad) and so forth. Take note if you are able to keep your appartment/room clean, how many pages you were able to study, or if your hygiene is also improved.

I'm doing this myself right now, trialling FOCALIN - DextroMethylphenidate - Ritalin's more balanced cousin. (the effects on Dopamine and Norepinephrine is more even than with ritalin)

Edited by Mind_Paralysis, 26 June 2018 - 10:49 AM.

#13 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:41 PM

4.  N-Acetly L Cysteine

again, i'm not sure you have ADHD-PI. i may or may not have it either, but at least i clearly benefited from a single dose of 18mg concerta. it was on a weekend (because I don't have a script and there is a risk of random drug test at work), and i didn't "feel" much stimulation at all, but i burned through my big "to do list" and didn't even feel tired. I did feel tired next day without a pill and was harder to function normally. BTW, my normal weekend is more like 1-2 items from my "to do list" and then i'm too tired to do anything else. my weekends are mostly low activity to recover from workdays at work. low dose amphetamine (on a different weekend, LOL) was also a productive experience for me, but more noticeable stimulation and talkativeness, etc. I don't remember any impact on social life, maybe I was even less obsessed with my love affair.

incidentally, I also take Omega3, B-complex, and NAC daily. I also take ALCAR and DMAE on weekdays and experiment with other OTC things.

Edited by jack black, 26 June 2018 - 06:46 PM.

#14 MichaelFocus22

• Topic Starter
  • 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:17 PM

Well I consider myself a person, who lives in denial, so I won't settle for less, I will find a solution one way or another. Although albeit in might be pointless, however it's only been my stubborn drive to get to my goals that's driven me to accomplish what I desire. Ultimately it's more ideal that I will have a personal servant to do what I hate doing lol..  What appears to be lacking in the stimulant market, is an evident reuptake inhibitor that increases Nonerepehine, which ALLOWS for the SUSTAIN of focus rather than dopamine. Hence why dexerdrine is essentially useless to me. It also fucks with your testosterone levels and makes you feel like a bitch. What we all need is a drug that doesn't force you to do moronic tradeoffs. The con of methylpehnidate is you lose your social which is equally costly.. I'm 99% certain I have ADHD-PI which is hypoarousal rather than hyperarousal, thus making are disorder ENTIRELY different. What is the purpose of DMAE?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#15 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:35 PM

1  What appears to be lacking in the stimulant market, is an evident reuptake inhibitor that increases Nonerepehine, which ALLOWS for the SUSTAIN of focus rather than dopamine.

[...]

2  What is the purpose of DMAE?

re:1. it's called Atomoxetine. i tried it couple of times. made me attentive but tired, but exceptional orgasm.

re:2. old ADHD drug, now OTC; very subtle action.

Edited by jack black, 26 June 2018 - 08:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users